K100 Mechanical Mod Users Reply Here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thraizer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
Nj
I actually dropped it and hit the ground and of course I was using a small rda at the time and nicked the chrome plating at the top. Couldn't live with the scar lol! so I sanded the chrome plating off. Looks good when its polished up and also looks good when patina sets in after a while. Easiest way to take the chrome plating off is to screw a used cartomizer on the connection, screw it on a drill press or drill with the body attached, and sand a way.

glycerol

ECF Veteran
Yep.
Protanks are brass with copper- then chrome plate. They aren't stainless.
So yes you can sand and polish them.
Go slow and be careful.
I noticed some discoloeation at the tip of my pt1 and i thought so. Woukdn't mess with the pt1 though - one can't removw the pyrex and i sqw some pics of sanded pt1s with scratched pyrex. I was thinking about my pt2 - i can safely remove the pyrex glass so sanding it will be easy. Thanks!

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I noticed some discoloeation at the tip of my pt1 and i thought so. Woukdn't mess with the pt1 though - one can't removw the pyrex and i sqw some pics of sanded pt1s with scratched pyrex. I was thinking about my pt2 - i can safely remove the pyrex glass so sanding it will be easy. Thanks!

We use a dremel and a buffing wheel, with red jewelers rouge.
Use tape over the glass.
You should not be doing anything remotely hard enough to chip the glass.
My wife stripped both PT I and II. They are same.

By the way:
Pyrex is a brand, not a type of glass.
No protank or attys actually has "Pyrex" brand glass on it.
(Most Pyrex brand products are not Borosilicate -since the late '70s)
The glass on the PT tank is Borosilicate glass ( also called lab glass).

Borosilicate is stronger, and has a higher resistance to thermal shock.

briandress

ECF Veteran
I got a k101 today that has k100+ on the side of it. It has what i think you guys are calling the flat sides. I got an igow with it and it is really nice. I heard about it might be brass underneath on the contacts...does that make it vape better if you sand it down? anyone taken the sleeve off their k101?

i really just wanna get the most out of this mod

PanAeon

Oct 5, 2014
Greece
A brief pictorial of my Kamry K100 evolution :

Two years old at this stage, the chrome had started to seriously wear on the inner telescoping tube and the locking ring: IMGP1099.jpg IMGP1102.jpg

So, after some fine sandpaper and steel wool treatment : IMGP1127.jpg IMGP1131.jpg IMGP1138.jpg

End of part 1

Last edited:

PanAeon

Oct 5, 2014
Greece
A brief pictorial of my Kamry K100 evolution ( part 2 ) :

So, still a bit curious, i one day decided to see what lurks under that ribbed bonnet : IMGP1150.jpg IMGP1170.jpg K100 + Aspire mini.jpg IMGP1154.jpg vapes.jpg

Sidenote : My K100 actually appears to be a clone of a clone...lol... i also have aside a genuine blueK100 which i bought at a later date, and wanted as a backup, cause i was so happy with this first one, and have not as yet use, cause this thing just refuses to break or malfunction in any way ...the model pictured is the one with the threaded top cap which screws off, rather then needing to hit it loose, and also a screw type lower base contact ... the locking ring appears to be copper, while the main telescoping bodies are brass ..needless to say, all contacts have been sanded down, including the top cap 510 connection :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread