Status
Not open for further replies.

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
This just showed up on my FB timeline from Sure Vapes.

Kayfun Lite Plus Clone by Boge

kayfun Lite Plus Clone by Boge

Brough to us by Boge, the kayfun Lite Plus clone (often referred to as ‘Russian’) is todays most popular rebuildable silica wick atomizer. Made of beautiful stainless steel, with removal stainless drip tip, adjustable 510 connection, & adjustable airflow control (AFC). Wick & wire not included. *Price per unit.

Includes:

• Boge kayfun Lite Plus
  • Metal tank
  • Clear tank
  • Replacement O-rings
  • Screwdriver & allen key

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Found this video review of it. Unfortunately, it's in French. But, after watching it, I'm going to be sticking with my EhPro v2. The Boge doesn't seem to bring anything to the table other than the side airflow control, but it needs an Allan wrench to adjust the set screw. One more thing for me to lose! Plus, I really like the captured O-ring setup on the EhPro at the top of the chimney, which the Boge does not have.

Jdbaker82

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2014
United States
I have 2 of the Ehpro ones so Im just gonna stick with them. I got them for 30 dollars at Fluid Vapes. They have given me no trouble but I am curious how the Boge ones will be.

Yes I have the V2 from FluidVapes.Com it's amazing

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Shootist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2014
Decatur, GA, USA
Yes I have the V2 from FluidVapes.Com it's amazing

I have 2 EHPro's, one Hcigar and one Tobeco all the lite + V2 versions. In my opinion the EHPro's are the best out of the three brands I mentioned. But then I don't have the Boge or whatever it is. For $29 how can you lose. If the parts are interchagable you now have spares.

This is an older version. But hey IMHO you can't have to many Kayfun's.

Noble Gas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
California
Well, I got it. Of course Madvapes just got the EhPro clone in stock, which is the one I wanted. Argh! But here's the deal on the Boge:
I must first preface this by saying that, unliike *everyone else in the world*, this is my first Kayfun. So can't compare it to other KFL's. However, my thought was that either it works or it doesn't, and it does! Quite nicely, in fact. The threads were a little squeeky at first but that seemed to clear up after I took it apart and cleaned it all over with Everclear and a toothbrush, then gave it a hot water rinse. I was going to let it air dry, but the excitement got the better of me so I dried it with TP and blew out the parts I couldn't reach.
Another note I should add was that taking it apart out of the box was a pain. I had to wrap rubber bands around the different sections of the tank to get it loose. Very tight. But after the initial strain and cleaning all went well.
By the way, there is an O-ring above the chimney (in the top cap) just like the other versions, however there isn't one on the fill screw. No leaking so far, and I've been vaping on it for an hour or so. The side mounted airflow controller does use a hex key, which I was not crazy about but I figured it was probably going to be a set-it-and-forget-it kind of thing, which it is, and being on the side you don't need to remove the tank to make adjustments. Nice draw on half open, much better than my Protank2. I opened it up a bit further than half and that was fine for me and my current juice.
I had a coil already built and waiting to install, and had watched several videos on Kayfun builds just to be ready for its arrival. It's a 1.4 ohm microcoil with some sterile cotton wick. The flavor is excellent. Not quite as good as dripping onto dual microcoils, but still remarkably better than the PT2. Since my SVD seems to have come back to life for some reason (I banged it on the table and got the switch working again, for the most part), I've got the new KFL+ on there at 11 watts. I tried 12.5 and it tasted burnt so I dialed it down, and 11 seems just right. Vapor production is sufficiently cloudy and satisfying. Throat hit is also bigger than I'm used to with other tanks, almost as strong as dripping. Also unlike the PT2, No Whistling! Yay!
All in all I'd say it was an excellent purchase and I'm very happy to have it. Most of my driptips fit, and the extras included the short clear plastic tank (but not the large one), a hex key for the AFC, a tiny screwdriver and a bunch of extra O-rings. A very good buy, IMO, especally for me being on a seriously low budget.
One last thing - I didn't fiddle with it, but the screw/pin inside the 510 connection seems to be insulated with white delrin or plastic, possibly making it adjustable like the Russian's pin. Not sure about that and I don't want to unscrew it while the tank is full for obvious reasons. Maybe someone else can remember to check that before they fill 'er up, otherwise I'll come back and post after I've finished off the rest of the tank and can check it out.

Last edited:

Noble Gas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
California
Noblegas thanks for the info I wish you had other KFL + to compare it to or a Russian 91. How airy is it if you remove the airflow screw completely all my kfl+ clone are a bit too tight draw for me even with the airflow screw removed.

I wish I had more to compare it to as well, hehe. This KFL was the first vapemail I've had in a month (except for some wonderful juice I won in a contest). After I read your post I removed the little screw completely to check it out for you. The screw itself is hollow at one end for the hex key, solid at the other end, so taking it out all the way does open up the AF even more, basically giving the air two channels to flow into instead of just the one; though I think they're both going to the same place so it's not a huge difference if that makes sense.

Since airflow doesn't have a measurement we can all agree on, I'll make a scale of one to ten. One would be shut tight, no airflow at all. An iClear 16 would be a 2 , my Nimbus with stock airholes a 4, my Protank2's and EVOD about a 5, and the Protank Mini2 about a 6. I haven't ever used an RDA with big airflow holes like a Stillare, but I imagine that to be a ten. I would say that the range of this KFL would be roughly from 1 to 7. Considering that the KFL wasn't meant to perform like a wide open RDA, it's got a much wider range than I thought it would. I suspect that with the right coil you could probably get a satisfying lung hit out of it.

Sorry to be so verbose, but that's a hard question to answer without some qualifications. I hope this helped.

Jdbaker82

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2014
United States
Thanks NobleGas I ordered one of this version too and should have it soon I will let everyone know if it comes close to the Russian 91 in the open draw department. If I had to guess it does sound like this might be the same as the EhPro KFL+ V2 but I am hoping it's actually closer to the Russian I will find our soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread