Kayfun LITE - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
I hear ya on the airflow, I really wish the clones would get their act together.

I got an hcigar KFL clone awhile back that had airflow superior to the authentic, I figure great I'll get a bunch of HCigar clones to keep in rotation. Bought 4, and after opening them up I realized they decided to start making the airhole what looks to be half the size as it was previously. The center pin was also much thicker so the airflow was reduced there as well. Might as well be vaping on an old clearo.

Completely unusable to me as there was nowhere near enough air for the power I vape at, ruined one base by breaking off a drill bit it in, successfully drilled one, and gave away the other two.

There doesn't seem to be much consistency, and now I'm afraid to buy a KFL clone from anywhere in fear of getting one with a puny air hole. EHPro makes a KFL V2 clone that has dual air holes which might be worth checking out (assuming that isn't the model you currently dislike ;) )

Thats the one I have and it has less air flow then the original KFL also.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
Very nice Dusty. Lots of space in this new room. I'll begin to clutter it...

Provari P3 with Authentic Svoemesto Kayfun Lite Plus

Dang you Bronze. You are certainly going to get me to purchase the Svoemesto Kayfun Lite. I'm picturing it now on my Provari P3.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Dang you Bronze. You are certainly going to get me to purchase the Svoemesto Kayfun Lite. I'm picturing it now on my Provari P3.

Welcome to the K-lite thread, Ping. What are you waiting for? Not only are you missing out on a great vape, but you're also missing out on all the fun tinkering with it.:)

inTaste is selling them for a real good price. :)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I looked at intaste and see they are about $71.00 I think US dollars. I wasn't sure of the shipping option. I may have it confused with the other Euro site selling them. I'm certainly not going to buy a clone and have no idea what they call stainless steel.

After backing out the VAT and converting to US dollars, that $71 seems about right. I think inTaste charges about $15 (US) for FedEx shipping. Gets to your door two days after they ship it with no customs crap to go through. Clones are definitely a hit or miss proposition. There are very good ones and very bad ones...even within the same clone brand. An authentic will be as close to perfect as you will find. Cloud9 (UK) and VapeRev (California) also sell them but I've found inTaste has the best pricing (even after shipping) and quickest delivery.

copperpot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Anchorage, AK USA
Last edited:

Woofer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2014
PA, SK, CA
Airflow is what cools your coil down, so with the kayfuns restricted airflow the temp rises quickly and kicks in temp control. Obviously it's going to depend on the specifics of your coil, power levels, and juice, but more than a few people have noted issues running their kayfuns in temp control mode.

Yes I understand, my point or question is how can the wire type affect the limitations of the atty. I say it can not, 600 degrees is 600 degrees Ni or Kanthal.
The issue with many attys including the Kayfun types is the many connections that are a bit iffy in absolute terms. Hitting TL is not a problem it's a feature. If one is always banging up against TL then draw harder, open air flow if possible and reduce wattage or some combination of these. Some run with 40 watts and let TL do it's thing, not my way but it must work too.

IMO the Kayfun works perfectly with DNA40 and Ni, it's a great Kayfun and it is still a Kayfun.
Cheers :)

AMDTrucking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2013
California
I have received three Kayfun V4 Clones. One by ToBeCo for $30.00, which is perfect in every way except maybe for some oil, some dirt, few metal shavings/chips and bad drip tip O-Rings. Which is easily fixed. It has Silver plated Beryllium Copper spring and 510 Center Pin. The other two: One from FastTech and one from GearBest for $18.00 each are complete waste of money. Even though, they are from two different sources, they both appear to be identical. Equally bad.
1. They are full of machine oil, dirt and chips.
2. Some of many holes were filled with metal chips and one was not drilled all the way through.
3. The spring, that carries Positive (+) charge is made out steel (It is attracts to the magnet)
4. 510 Center Pin is made out of Stainless Steel.
5. Here comes a really bad news: Four milled sides of the “UC Upper Section” Part #8 that goes into a square opening of “UC Middle Section” item #5 are cut 0.3mm too deep. Which made it impossible to fasten “UC Counter Screw” Item #9 tight enough. Because tightening the screw will not allow the lower base section to be turned by hand, therefore assemble the unit, and control the flow of the juice. If you will not tighten that screw, you could turn the lower section but will have bad Negative (-) electrical connection. I filed “Seal Ring 13x1” Item #7 by 0.3mm thinner to be able to allow for turning of the base. It worked for a while, but I still got intermittently bad Negative (-) connection.
As you can see on the left side of the picture, I shorted both terminals with a piece of wire. The Ohmmeter should read something close to 0.0 Ohms, but it reads 4.23 Ohms. When I touch the bottom of the base and the middle of it with a pair of tweezers, providing the negative connection manually, it shows 0.5 Ohms. About right considering the resistance of my tweezers.
I marked problematic areas with red arrows on the picture.

Q09wOLp.jpg

DyGrgTE.jpg

MphMNJ1.jpg

ToBeCo clone is perfect. Here is my first Kayfun V4 Ni200/Rayon build (70% shaved tails). It has been working very well for several hours. Nice flavor too. :)

3on7RSq.jpg

Last edited:

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
And SvoëMesto is laughing his -blank- all the way to the bank!

****Before you read any further, make yourself a commitment to read the whole thing. Don't fire off a reply based on the first part of my post, just to have the end of my post come crashing down on you...****

I'm get so happy when I read about these clones failing.
I don't discriminate against people who can't afford them, people who can't find them, or people who choose not to buy them...but those who buy clones should remember one thing...YOU (pretty much) GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!
I do not make a lot of money by any stretch of the imagination...but I had an inside source (in America) that told me the neighborhood of the price...so I saved my money.
I'm not an elitist, as I own some clones (which work great). I'm not a HEMO (High End Mods Only) person...I am just a person who feels that clones are essentially theft.
The clones I own? EHPro KFL V2. Three of them. But I got them because I couldn't afford to not like the Kayfun version of vaping, coming from my trusty cartos. I had been on cartos for so long, and needed a change, as vaping was starting to fail me...I was desperate for a solution.
I had also read many reviews on many clones, so I bought three, in case one (or all) were bad...backups for each other.
Once I fell in love with the Kayfun style of vaping, I saved my money to afford authentics.
So I may sound like a hypocrite, which is fine by me.
Clones are stealing.
Do I own them? Yes.
Do I use them? You bet.
But do I promote them? Heck no.
AM I ACCUSING ANYONE HERE OF PROMOTING THEM? No.
I'm just expressing how happy I am to see the rip-offs fail, because I work HARD for the money that I chose to support the original creator of these devices.
Scenario: People get busted in large scale raids for making and selling knock-off Louis Vuitton handbags, cuz it's ILLEGAL...so why is it not the same with vape industry clones? It's the same thing!

I'm not trying to be inflammatory here, but as the thread topic is KAYFUN LITE, I feel that pro-authentic/anti-clone statements are well within the boundaries of "on topic"...
My intention is not to start an argument, or a war...regardless of how upset my words may make some (if any) of you. Just remember, I wrote this clearly, and poked both sides of the bear.

As an aside (although it's no excuse), I've been stuck in an airport for 7 hours, with a 5 hour flight still ahead of me. I haven't had anything to vape since 2:00pm EST (it's 10:30pm EST as I write this), because that was when I got on my FIRST flight...so pardon me for being a little cantankerous...or belligerent, for those who don't know cantankerous...or an ---hole, for those who don't know belligerent.
What the hell am I even talking about??? :crazy eyes:
(Sorry AMD...this wasn't aimed at you specifically.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread