Kayfun LITE - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Whats funny to me is all these clones of the KFL and many are not as good then they came out with the Lemo while not being a clone it is definately a KF knock off but sounds like it works better then the clones.
The V4 on the other hand is another thing. I have never heard so many problems. I'm glad I was able to snag an original because I love the technology and the way it works.

nasca

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
USA
chinese atomizer manufacturers are perfectly capable of producing original designs and selling them at budget-minded prices; authentic vs. clones is a false choice if money-saving is your intent. there is no need to clone nor buy clones at this point. And if manufacturers must skip original development, at least debrand, rename, and contribute to the design for the better. that's how this technology will evolve. copying logos and brand names and design 1:1 straight up has a chilling effect on original entrepreneurship.

Last edited:

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
I just don't know why people have to talk bad about clones. Clones are out there because the authentic ones cost too much.

Gee I wonder why it cost more then a clone. Common sense tells us a clone is nothing but a copy of what companies spent thousands and thousands of dollars to make and test and remake and rest. What you do get in a clone that you won't with an original is no machine oil, dirt, cheap steel, crappy threads, leaks, dirt, or dust, and whatever other junk they can use to make it a cheap clone. I'm sure you didn't mind throwing your money away on cigarettes.I wonder how people think.

I do get a kick out of reading all the clone threads and hearing how it won't wick, leaks, had to clean it in a ultra sonic cleaner and still smells of machine oil. Enjoy what I call a PITA.

Why don't get China to make you a cloned toyota or Ford, or even a Porsche and see how good it is.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
The V4 on the other hand is another thing. I have never heard so many problems. I'm glad I was able to snag an original because I love the technology and the way it works.

That thread about the cloned V4 is like a comedy show. What's worse is that they put the same name and logo on their junk clone and give the original a bad name.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
That thread about the cloned V4 is like a comedy show. What's worse is that they put the same name and logo on their junk clone and give the original a bad name.

That's where I have a broad line. Stealing a design is one thing. Putting their logos on their product and marketing them as originals is a whole other level that turns me off. I saw some of that going on with Fasttech offerings and that was it for me. I never bought another thing from Fastech...or as I like to call it..."LowTech".

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Gee I wonder why it cost more then a clone. Common sense tells us a clone is nothing but a copy of what companies spent thousands and thousands of dollars to make and test and remake and rest. What you do get in a clone that you won't with an original is no machine oil, dirt, cheap steel, crappy threads, leaks, dirt, or dust, and whatever other junk they can use to make it a cheap clone. I'm sure you didn't mind throwing your money away on cigarettes.I wonder how people think.

I do get a kick out of reading all the clone threads and hearing how it won't wick, leaks, had to clean it in a ultra sonic cleaner and still smells of machine oil. Enjoy what I call a PITA.

Why don't get China to make you a cloned toyota or Ford, or even a Porsche and see how good it is.

Wow... The clones work great from what I've read. Having to clean the machine oil is not a big deal. I would clean an authentic before use also. The threads are great, The steel is not bad at all. Where are all these problems you're talking about. We're talking about RBA's here, not high tech autos. smh

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
I have received three Kayfun V4 Clones. One by ToBeCo for $30.00, which is perfect in every way except maybe for some oil, some dirt, few metal shavings/chips and bad drip tip O-Rings. Which is easily fixed. It has Silver plated Beryllium Copper spring and 510 Center Pin. The other two: One from FastTech and one from GearBest for $18.00 each are complete waste of money. Even though, they are from two different sources, they both appear to be identical. Equally bad.
1. They are full of machine oil, dirt and chips.
2. Some of many holes were filled with metal chips and one was not drilled all the way through.
3. The spring, that carries Positive (+) charge is made out steel (It is attracts to the magnet)
4. 510 Center Pin is made out of Stainless Steel.
5. Here comes a really bad news: Four milled sides of the “UC Upper Section” Part #8 that goes into a square opening of “UC Middle Section” item #5 are cut 0.3mm too deep. Which made it impossible to fasten “UC Counter Screw” Item #9 tight enough. Because tightening the screw will not allow the lower base section to be turned by hand, therefore assemble the unit, and control the flow of the juice. If you will not tighten that screw, you could turn the lower section but will have bad Negative (-) electrical connection. I filed “Seal Ring 13x1” Item #7 by 0.3mm thinner to be able to allow for turning of the base. It worked for a while, but I still got intermittently bad Negative (-) connection.
As you can see on the left side of the picture, I shorted both terminals with a piece of wire. The Ohmmeter should read something close to 0.0 Ohms, but it reads 4.23 Ohms. When I touch the bottom of the base and the middle of it with a pair of tweezers, providing the negative connection manually, it shows 0.5 Ohms. About right considering the resistance of my tweezers.
I marked problematic areas with red arrows on the picture.

Q09wOLp.jpg

DyGrgTE.jpg

MphMNJ1.jpg

ToBeCo clone is perfect. Here is my first Kayfun V4 Ni200/Rayon build (70% shaved tails). It has been working very well for several hours. Nice flavor too. :)

3on7RSq.jpg

Wow... The clones work great from what I've read. Having to clean the machine oil is not a big deal. I would clean an authentic before use also. The threads are great, The steel is not bad at all. Where are all these problems you're talking about. We're talking about RBA's here, not high tech autos. smh

I'm sorry...did you not see the post made by our friend AMDTrucking?
You can also search for KF4 CLONE threads on the ECF...
Same goes for Kayfun CLONE threads.
I'm not aiming this directly at you, ricks, but people have a tendency to hear what they want to hear. I'm guilty of that every day. But I don't live in denial when I'm proven wrong. A lot of people do.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I'm sorry...did you not see the post made by our friend AMDTrucking?
You can also search for KF4 CLONE threads on the ECF...
Same goes for Kayfun CLONE threads.
I'm not aiming this directly at you, ricks, but people have a tendency to hear what they want to hear. I'm guilty of that every day. But I don't live in denial when I'm proven wrong. A lot of people do.

I'm sure there are some poorly made authentics that got sold too. Your not going to sell me an over-priced atty that I can buy for a hell of a lot less. If someone gets a poorly made one from say FT, they will replace it. No questions asked. I don't care what you or Bronze say, I will not waste my money on something that is way over priced.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
That's where I have a broad line. Stealing a design is one thing. Putting their logos on their product and marketing them as originals is a whole other level that turns me off. I saw some of that going on with Fasttech offerings and that was it for me. I never bought another thing from Fastech...or as I like to call it..."LowTech".

Let me confess, I have two clones! And I love them
surprised-004.gif
The Russian ($120) and the Russian-91% ($90).

Both 1:1 clones to the 3.1ES and the KFL, with minuscule details here-n-there. 1:1 in build quality, detailing, material, fit & finish, as well as nearly in pricing. But a clone nonetheless. And I got banned at Vape Pit for posting a pic ;)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I'm sure there are some poorly made authentics that got sold too. Your not going to sell me an over-priced atty that I can buy for a hell of a lot less. If someone gets a poorly made one from say FT, they will replace it. No questions asked. I don't care what you or Bronze say, I will not waste my money on something that is way over priced.

Leave me out of it. I don't much care where you buy your stuff.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Let me confess, I have two clones! And I love them
surprised-004.gif
The Russian ($120) and the Russian-91% ($90).

Both 1:1 clones to the 3.1ES and the KFL, with minuscule details here-n-there. 1:1 in build quality, detailing, material, fit & finish, as well as nearly in pricing. But a clone nonetheless. And I got banned at Vape Pit for posting a pic ;)

Did they use the KF logo and sell them as KF's? :)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
As the colour changes pls come over ~ I promise you a wonderful time and the best of my hospitality!

Living in the woods myself, I can relate. I haven't been through the Toronto vicinity in 20 years. Went straight north from Toronto on a fishing trip once. Perhaps five hours north of Toronto along the Quebec border. Nice drive. And it was 100+ degrees on the drive back. The Canadians thought the world was coming to an end. :)

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State

You don't know what's over priced. That's your problem.They are priced according to the technology and workmanship and pride making them. How do you know what FT pays for them? If there is a problem they replace it no questions asked. That should tell you how cheap they are. Some people like to throw their money in the trash. If it don't work I'll buy 2 more of them and one should work ok. Buy one and know it works. HB gave you the comedy thread on the K4 clone. Happy vaping.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
You don't know what's over priced. That's your problem.They are priced according to the technology and workmanship and pride making them. How do you know what FT pays for them? If there is a problem they replace it no questions asked. That should tell you how cheap they are. Some people like to throw their money in the trash. If it don't work I'll buy 2 more of them and one should work ok. Buy one and know it works. HB gave you the comedy thread on the K4 clone. Happy vaping.

K4's are over priced. I can get a clone for 20-40 bucks. And it will work as good as an authentic.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
Head. Wall. Bang.

Might as well talk to the wall. He can get one for $20.00 to $40.00. That sounds like the $40.00 clone is way over priced. Wait to he sees his 1000 pieces and wonders why something is missing. Time he gets the machine oil off the K5 will be out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread