Status
Not open for further replies.

wootze

vaping the bone.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2011
Winston Salem, NC
Hi yall and many joys for the season. I'm having some kayfun lite plus problems.

It is seemingly impossible to unscrew the various bits.

It came like this and I was eventually able to get it apart, cleaned everything , built a nice coil and put it back together with juice on all threads. Now, no go. Hope the coil lasts until I can figure this out.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

cerver7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2010
Shamong NJ
I noticed that on my kayfun that doesn't whistle (don't have any others to compare) the air hole is slightly tapered and rounded off nicely. Maybe that has something to do with it?

other devices that have a taper to the front edge of the hole, never whistled on me. my KFL+ does not whistle when the air flow is fully opened or mostly opened. when i go 50% open or less, i get some slight whistle.

Mark Howard

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
www.dreadysmodspa.com
Hi yall and many joys for the season. I'm having some kayfun lite plus problems.

It is seemingly impossible to unscrew the various bits.

It came like this and I was eventually able to get it apart, cleaned everything , built a nice coil and put it back together with juice on all threads. Now, no go. Hope the coil lasts until I can figure this out.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Wearing rubber gloves will make it much easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vapspaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
SC
For all you folks that have a Kayfun whistle. Try to align the slot of the positive post screw such that it lines up with the air inlet hole on the outside. If yours is like mine, you will need to hold the "coil deck" part with something while you tighten the screw or possibly put a snug fitting drill bit or nail in the center air passage under the coil. Mine is VERY tight and almost aligns perfectly toward the air inlet on the outside and I've never had a whistle sound. This might be all there is to this whistling that some folks are getting.

With my KFL+, the air hole that is in the positive post screw lines up with the screwdriver slot so if yours is the same, just make sure it lines up with the outside air inlet hole.

ronpaek100

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
For all you folks that have a Kayfun whistle. Try to align the slot of the positive post screw such that it lines up with the air inlet hole on the outside. If yours is like mine, you will need to hold the "coil deck" part with something while you tighten the screw or possibly put a snug fitting drill bit or nail in the center air passage under the coil. Mine is VERY tight and almost aligns perfectly toward the air inlet on the outside and I've never had a whistle sound. This might be all there is to this whistling that some folks are getting.

With my KFL+, the air hole that is in the positive post screw lines up with the screwdriver slot so if yours is the same, just make sure it lines up with the outside air inlet hole.

how can u tell it aligns? I thought it always aligns the same way every time? I know when I screw the positive post screw I screw it as hard as I can and I now that it makes the decks move off the insulator so I just hold it in place and screw it in as hard as possible and make sure it ends up perfectly straight am I suppose to be looking for a hole somewhere?

vapspaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
SC
how can u tell it aligns? I thought it always aligns the same way every time? I know when I screw the positive post screw I screw it as hard as I can and I now that it makes the decks move off the insulator so I just hold it in place and screw it in as hard as possible and make sure it ends up perfectly straight am I suppose to be looking for a hole somewhere?

The next time you are putting a new coil on take the time to pull the center positive post completely out. Take a look at it and take note of which way the air hole is machined into it. I can only speak for the 1 kayfun that I have but I would assume they are all machined the same way. Mine has the air passage hole lined up with the screwdriver slot. So when I put it back together I made sure the screwdriver slot pointed toward the air intake hole on the outside of the base. Or as close to it as I could get it. I'd take some pictures to help explain but I just made a new coil yesterday and it's working to well to rip apart. That plus I'm a lazy ........ ;)

Is yours tight and still not lined up with the air hole in the base?

Keep in mind that if any of you folks tighten the center post screw, just be careful and don't go crazy on it trying to tighten it too much. You can only turn it just a little beyond the point where it becomes barely snug.

Loop

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2009
Bellevue,WA
Tried this ^^ with no success but I was able to get rid of the whistle. I tore down the base section and removed the air adjustment screw. While I had it broken down I found that the air intake was not smooth on the exit that leads to the center post. I manually went in and out of the air hole with a 1/16th drill bit then I used a metal file to smooth the burs on the air hole on the inside of the base. you may be able to achieve the same results using a small sanding stick also.

ronpaek100

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Tried this ^^ with no success but I was able to get rid of the whistle. I tore down the base section and removed the air adjustment screw. While I had it broken down I found that the air intake was not smooth on the exit that leads to the center post. I manually went in and out of the air hole with a 1/16th drill bit then I used a metal file to smooth the burs on the air hole on the inside of the base. you may be able to achieve the same results using a small sanding stick also.

hmm interesting.. might have to try this..

folkphys

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Chapel Hill, NC
With my KFL (not the +) even after I reamed and cleaned out the air pathways then enlarged the intake hole I still had the original whistle. Then I remembered a little detail mentioned to me by a kindly vaper shopkeep after he had drilled out the stock air hole on my first RBA (RSST). "You gotta bevel that opening, man." So I took the next size up drill bit and very gently did so. No more whistle.

Akdare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
DFW, Texas
ordered from cloud9 10 days ago now, still not here royal mail is slow as ....!

10-14 days is average for international packages...you know you can put the tracking number that cloud9 gave you into the USPS website, when it arrives in the US, it will track just like a domestic package.

Sent from my iPad

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread