Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
i checked that too...im going to try to do it again with the smaller coil again just to see if anything changes..we still want to use the kf because of the flavor even tho we are getting 2 more lemos's

5/32nds is a large coil. I use 5/64ths. Most people keep it 3/32 or 5/64ths.

5/64ths, 10-wrap, 28 gauge gets you 1.5 ohms. Use as reference.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
thanks bronze!! we do like the kay fun..but the lemo's and the segelei's are so awesome! we went from c-twists to and kangor tanks to mech. mods and rda's to sig. and lemo's in 5 weeks..love it!!im going to play with the kay fun more..ill post later how it goes!!

Whatever works bingoking. Lemos are just another version of a Kayfun so if you're good at one you'll be good at the other.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
question...we have a real kayfun lite..got it from my friend 3 weeks ago...i built a coil for it..if i remember it was a 5/32 drill bit and 28 gauge.. and 1.2 ohm..vapor was good and so was the flavor and it was on our ego c twist at max!!we knew our segelei's were coming with 2 lemo's...3 days ago the wife said the kayfun was leaking so she took it and set it down..i rebuilt it last night with a 3.0mm ohm and it was reading 1.4 ohm..BUT the draw is hard!!!!..checked everything..tore it down twice..checked to see if anything was down the center pin and hole..ALSO made sure its hole was aligned to the main air hole..checked the air hole from the side..nothing...coil is above the air hole with enough clearance..changed cotton twice..even took the air adj. screw out...is it just us being mental or has this happened to anyone else
Hope you are sorting it out. I assume that you have removed the screw in the air hole completely? I agree with using a smaller coil. I use a 16 ga blunt needle.

bingoking

Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
new mexico
ya..i saw the hole in the center pin when i tore it apart..made sure it was clean..and also made sure it lined up with the main hole...i wish it had a touch more of a air hole ..did a 5/64 coil about a hour ago..10 wraps..ohms were 1.1..seems a little better..ill have my wife test it when she gets home in about 3 hours

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
The Reef just off the Florida coast
i took the center pin out..checked it,,nothing...made sure i got it back inline...

It doesn't matter if the air hole in the pin is inline with the air hole on the base. Same amount of air flows. Just be sure it's tight so that the positive post doesn't swivel on the insulator pad.

Completely remove the AFC grub screw from the bottom of the base to be sure that is not obstructing the air flow.

The coil should be about 1.5-2mm above the above the deck air hole, not too close to the deck.

bingoking

Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
new mexico
ok..she is going to try it..i re wicked it..here is a few pics!!!!! IMG_0122.jpg

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
it was touching the deck..i lifted it for the pic...she tried it a few minutes ago..much better! such a learning curve..looks like small coils for it!!!there still was alot of room with the bigger coil..

You were either shorting the coil or suffocating it. 5/32 is a very large diameter. Stick to the 5/64ths or 3/32nds and you should be good. Glad it is working for you guys. :)

JohnD0406

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
5/32nds is a large coil. I use 5/64ths. Most people keep it 3/32 or 5/64ths.

Food for thought. Ever wonder why everyone loves the Aspire BVC coils? There's a lot of wicking material outside the coil. The smaller the coil you make, the less juice there is for long draws and chain vaping. Larger coils allow more wick, better vapor/flavor, faster wicking, allows chain vaping and higher wattages. I use 3mm coils on most of my builds these days, and wonder why it took me so long to figure this out.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Food for thought. Ever wonder why everyone loves the Aspire BVC coils? There's a lot of wicking material outside the coil. The smaller the coil you make, the less juice there is for long draws and chain vaping. Larger coils allow more wick, better vapor/flavor, faster wicking, allows chain vaping and higher wattages. I use 3mm coils on most of my builds these days, and wonder why it took me so long to figure this out.

Yes, i think increased coil size is a better vape but there are offsets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread