The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Kayfun LITE

Discussion in 'RTA' started by joemikel, Jun 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. bingoking

bingoking Full Member Verified Member

Nov 23, 2013
    new mexico
    i checked that too...im going to try to do it again with the smaller coil again just to see if anything changes..we still want to use the kf because of the flavor even tho we are getting 2 more lemos's

2. Bronze

Bronze ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    5/32nds is a large coil. I use 5/64ths. Most people keep it 3/32 or 5/64ths.

5/64ths, 10-wrap, 28 gauge gets you 1.5 ohms. Use as reference.

3. bingoking

Nov 23, 2013
    new mexico
    thanks bronze!! we do like the kay fun..but the lemo's and the segelei's are so awesome! we went from c-twists to and kangor tanks to mech. mods and rda's to sig. and lemo's in 5 weeks..love it!!im going to play with the kay fun more..ill post later how it goes!!

4. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    Whatever works bingoking. Lemos are just another version of a Kayfun so if you're good at one you'll be good at the other.

5. Robinowitz

Robinowitz Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 27, 2013
    No. Cal.
    Hope you are sorting it out. I assume that you have removed the screw in the air hole completely? I agree with using a smaller coil. I use a 16 ga blunt needle.

6. bingoking

Nov 23, 2013
    new mexico
    ya..i saw the hole in the center pin when i tore it apart..made sure it was clean..and also made sure it lined up with the main hole...i wish it had a touch more of a air hole ..did a 5/64 coil about a hour ago..10 wraps..ohms were 1.1..seems a little better..ill have my wife test it when she gets home in about 3 hours

7. bingoking

Nov 23, 2013
    new mexico
    i took the center pin out..checked it,,nothing...made sure i got it back inline..built a new coil..5/64..10 wraps...1.1 ohm...its just above the deck..but not touching..the wife will be home in a few hours..ill have her test..i think its a little better..but i wish it had a bigger air hole for adjustment!!

8. VapingTurtle

VapingTurtle ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

It doesn't matter if the air hole in the pin is inline with the air hole on the base. Same amount of air flows. Just be sure it's tight so that the positive post doesn't swivel on the insulator pad.

Completely remove the AFC grub screw from the bottom of the base to be sure that is not obstructing the air flow.

The coil should be about 1.5-2mm above the above the deck air hole, not too close to the deck.

9. bingoking

Nov 23, 2013
    new mexico
    thats about where i have it..if nothing else when the boss gets home and trys it i will post a pic of it if its still not right!!

10. bingoking

Nov 23, 2013
    new mexico
    ok..she is going to try it..i re wicked it..here is a few pics!!!!! IMG_0122.jpg

11. bingoking

Nov 23, 2013
    new mexico
  12. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
  13. bingoking

Nov 23, 2013
    new mexico
    it was touching the deck..i lifted it for the pic...she tried it a few minutes ago..much better! such a learning curve..looks like small coils for it!!!there still was alot of room with the bigger coil..

14. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    You were either shorting the coil or suffocating it. 5/32 is a very large diameter. Stick to the 5/64ths or 3/32nds and you should be good. Glad it is working for you guys. :)

15. JohnD0406

JohnD0406 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 6, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    Food for thought. Ever wonder why everyone loves the Aspire BVC coils? There's a lot of wicking material outside the coil. The smaller the coil you make, the less juice there is for long draws and chain vaping. Larger coils allow more wick, better vapor/flavor, faster wicking, allows chain vaping and higher wattages. I use 3mm coils on most of my builds these days, and wonder why it took me so long to figure this out.

16. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    Yes, i think increased coil size is a better vape but there are offsets.

17. ricks

ricks Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    On my Kayfuns, I'm coiling three - 3mm silica wicks together and getting great vapor and flavor and they chain vape without a problem. .

18. bingoking

Nov 23, 2013
    new mexico
    im going to measure our lemo's coils when we change cotton..they looked alot bigger than 5/64! we both have the same ohm reading at 1.1 and with both coils in the kay fun it was close to that..i guess this is the fun of vaping!!

19. classwife

classwife Admin
    Asst Classifieds Mgr
    Ask The Vets Mgr
    Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    ...Getting close to 15K posts here

Time to decide if you want a continuation thread or not and who is going to start it :)

20. JimmyDB

JimmyDB Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 3, 2014
    I would like to see this thread continue...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.