Status
Not open for further replies.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
I should be showing...... well I was going to say that FedEx bunged my address label by not putting my apt. number and I might not get it till Monday but they just called me back saying their returning back here with my K4

So FedEx brought it back finally, but this business about my apartment number missing is total bull. The FedEx shipping label from Germany was on one side and the clearly visible bill of sale from Itaste was on the other side. Both had my complete and correct address.

After I got it I had to watch some review videos again just to take it apart. Extremely, I mean extremely good fit and finish, works good to of coarse.

Not all that complicated once you get to know it but it's certainly difficult the first time around. Wick and coil, no problem.

Last edited:

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
10526052_917333128290912_2377750848431472140_n.jpg

Kayfun v4 on Taifun mod

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Ok...
I just have to share something here...
So I normally build 28 gauge - 7 wrap - 1.45 ohm coils, on a 3/32" drill bit (aka 2.4mm)...and I was getting muted flavor and weaker vapor performance VS my KFL+V2
But after catching up on the last few pages, FREEDOGG mentioned something that caught my eye/mind, over in the KF4 thread...
"More airflow means the need for a bigger coil."
BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks to the SEX-SEX-SEX-SEXY new access feature, I wasn't afraid to crack my KF4 open to rebuild, and not waste the tank of juice.
So, I figured...what the heck? Why not try a bigger coil? I grabbed my 7/64" (aka 2.75mm) drill bit, and GUESSED at five wraps with 28 gauge...which turned out to be 1.45 ohms!!!!!
But that's not even the exciting part!!!
I reassembled, and took a puff...meh it was on par with my previous build.
Then...
I took another puff...and damn.
That was it.
Better vapor production? Check.
Flavor nuances? Check.
Warmer vape? Check.
That good old Kayfun feeling has started to creep back in!!!!
Now all I need is a precision metric drill bit set, and I'll be ready to step it up a little bit...PUN INTENDED!!!
WOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!
Now THIS is what I paid almost $200 for!

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Last edited:

crss

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Mar 19, 2013
    dev/null
    To ALL ECF'ers..... This is a great holiday week. Due to 2 knee surgery's, i have no gifts for family yet. It will all happen in time (not much left). I am rocking Kayfun lites with custom parts. Love my Kayfuns, since they have always worked perfect. Ill just enjoy my Mutant & kayfat 30mm kayfun on top. Carry on & i wish every one a great Holiday!!

KTMRider

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 5, 2014
    NJ
    Me? I have an original, but I do have a couple of the first K4 clones that FT listed in transit.

You might ask that question here: kingsdirectbuy on eBay (in Hong Kong)

My v4 clone from FT was expected to ship on the 26th but it's shipping today :D.

To ALL ECF'ers..... This is a great holiday week. Due to 2 knee surgery's, i have no gifts for family yet. It will all happen in time (not much left). I am rocking Kayfun lites with custom parts. Love my Kayfuns, since they have always worked perfect. Ill just enjoy my Mutant & kayfat 30mm kayfun on top. Carry on & i wish every one a great Holiday!!

Hope you have a speedy recovery!

Happy Holidays to all!!!

I skimmed through the thread and tried looking for reviews else where but haven't been able to find anything...has anybody tried this Kayfun kit?

Science of Vaping Kayfun Lite/Russian 91% Reservoir "Micro" Dual Top Cap w/ 20mm Polycarbonate Micro Tank Set

Science of Vaping Micro Dual Top Cap and Tank Set

(Sorry..not the greatest with computers...I couldn't get the picture to paste)

Looks pretty stealth, not sure how it would preform though with out the top part of the chimney.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread