The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Kayfun LITE

Discussion in 'RTA' started by joemikel, Jun 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. qorax

qorax ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 6, 2013
    Brampton, Canada
    I don't think he did, just like you and Dusty. Three hardcore K'funers who are missed (with their infoshares) on the K4 thread!

2. Dusty_D

Dusty_D Original Guru Senior Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 22, 2010
    Toronto, Canada

Sorry Q! :)

3. Bronze

Bronze ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
  4. VapingTurtle

VapingTurtle ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

5. kathi17

kathi17 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 30, 2013
    Stonington, ME, USA
    I'm out in Rochester, NY, visiting the kids. Went to a really nice vape shop. I need to stay away from there. Their K's are supposed to be in today, and I have blown my vape budget. Bought 4 bottles of juice, including 5P BFF. Tried the BFF in an authentic Glas setup. Had a great time there, but I don't dare look at the K4s, paying the bills after Christmas is more important!

6. redordead

redordead Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 12, 2014
    tenerife
    Just made the transition from erlkonigin to kayfun lite plus and gotta say I prefer it. I prefer a tighter draw so it suits me better. The flavour is a bit better with the erlkonigin but the all round vape is nicer for me with the kayfun. Done a few builds and settled on a 1.5mm microcoil, 27awg, 1.1ohms running at 16 watts. Vapes great.

7. AMDTrucking

AMDTrucking Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Dec 7, 2013
    California
    I.M.H.O: I think you have got it backwards.
    Kayfun 3.1 ES and Kayfun Lite are so the day before yesterday.
    Erkonigin is just yesterday.
    Kayfun V4 is now.
    :toast:

8. redordead

redordead Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 12, 2014
    tenerife
    V4 is far too big for me. I like stealthy setups. Kayfun nano and erlkonigin nano is just about right. Anymore than 100 mm inc mod is too much... I.M.H.O ;)

9. GolemGolem

GolemGolem Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 4, 2011
    Arkansas
    Hey,
    So I've been using my kayfun every day for months now and I have a new problem. I can't seem to make a coil reistive anymore. It's not the build, I've made dozens, but every time I test them non I'm getting the "non" reading on my tester. Anyone got a cheap fix?

10. Kevin littell

Kevin littell Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 24, 2011
    Covington Ga
    Resistance check it without a coil....

Check calibration on your tester...

Re-clip them lead tails.

11. GT86

GT86 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 21, 2014
    SE GA
    Make sure the 2 posts aren't touching. If the center post gets turned the posts can touch causing a short.

12. GolemGolem

GolemGolem Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 4, 2011
    Arkansas
    Fixed it, center post/510 was wonky.

13. Moonbogg

Moonbogg Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 18, 2014
    Whittier, CA, USA
    Please critique my build and tell me if you think it is efficient or makes sense. I've been using 28ga, 3/32" ID, 8 wraps micro for 1.5 ohms. Been working good but am trying something different now.

Kayfun Lite+ V2 stock with max airflow
    26ga
    3/32" ID
    8 wraps micro @ 1ohm
    13 watts with Rayon

It works, but was wanting your opinions. Is this coil too big for this atty? I don't think I have enough airflow for much more wattage. Lets hear it. Thanks.

14. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    Fat wire tends to take longer to heat up. I would prefer the 28 gauge (or 30 gauge even more). However, a P3 with boost option will solve any heat up problems.

15. Moonbogg

Moonbogg Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 18, 2014
    Whittier, CA, USA
    I tried it up to 18 watts. It basically sucked. It didn't burn the wick or anything, but flavor sucked, vapor wasn't anything special either. Went back to 28ga and all is well. I'll need something with more airflow to experiment with more power I think.

16. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    My experience is much the same as yours. 28 gauge seems to be the sweet spot on a P3 set at level 2B.

17. 2legsshrt

2legsshrt Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Oct 19, 2009
    Spokane,WA
    That happened to me the first time I used my P3. When I screwed it down it turned the positive post in the deck.

18. 2legsshrt

2legsshrt Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Oct 19, 2009
    Spokane,WA
    I agree 28 awg works great for me at 8 wraps 2.4mm ID 1.5-1.6ohms. 11 watts is about the highest I go on my P3 with it. If you are using something with a 33.3 PWM then lower. But that is just me. I can't wait to try twisted 32awg NI200 on my Vapor Shark when it gets here in the next 30 days or so. Temp Mode.

19. bingoking

bingoking Full Member Verified Member

Nov 23, 2013
    new mexico
    question...we have a real kayfun lite..got it from my friend 3 weeks ago...i built a coil for it..if i remember it was a 5/32 drill bit and 28 gauge.. and 1.2 ohm..vapor was good and so was the flavor and it was on our ego c twist at max!!we knew our segelei's were coming with 2 lemo's...3 days ago the wife said the kayfun was leaking so she took it and set it down..i rebuilt it last night with a 3.0mm ohm and it was reading 1.4 ohm..BUT the draw is hard!!!!..checked everything..tore it down twice..checked to see if anything was down the center pin and hole..ALSO made sure its hole was aligned to the main air hole..checked the air hole from the side..nothing...coil is above the air hole with enough clearance..changed cotton twice..even took the air adj. screw out...is it just us being mental or has this happened to anyone else

20. ricks

ricks Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    Is your coil too high? Might be blocking the chimney

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.