Status
Not open for further replies.

digitals

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
Indiana
Is there room to file/grind the ring down to get that flush look? I have one on order and would prefer that flush mount.

I am not all that bothered even without a ring, but isn't that the whole purpose for having one?

Totally agree on the reason for ordering a ProRing to begin with is for the flush mount.

If you examine the photo, you'll see it's quite the opposite. Filing the ring would actually create a bigger gap. The ring simply isn't "tall" enough.

I've looked at shortening the center post, hope i used the right term, on the KFL to bring the atty closer to the ring, but it's as tight as it gets. I don't always run the KFL/ProV combo, so I don't want to try anything permanent. In fact, the only reason I paired them today is because I'm fixing to clean my LUX.

j3suss

ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2012
N/A
More photos, it don´t exist space between ring and KFL.

20130824_202500.jpg 20130824_202611.jpg

Wharf Rat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
Fresno, Ca
www.gratefulvaper.com
D my KFL also sits flush and I'm aslo getting circular markings and that's going to happen when two metals rub against each other. I would rather have that than a gap.

J3 make sure you do not have anything on either surface. There easily could be a bit of juice that could have picked up some grit that would grind between the two surfaces.

digitals

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
Indiana
D my KFL also sits flush and I'm aslo getting circular markings and that's going to happen when two metals rub against each other. I would rather have that than a gap.

J3 make sure you do not have anything on either surface. There easily could be a bit of juice that could have picked up some grit that would grind between the two surfaces.

I agree, I would rather it be snug. I might be shooting an email out. Thanks for the pics!

digitals

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
Indiana
I'm so pumped my KFL is in the mail! Just need recommendations for a nice mech mod for it. Around $100 preferably but I am able to budge slightly. Any good reco's/pics? Thanks.

Grats on the KFL. You'll love it. I personally don't own a mechanical for around a $100, but I'm sure others do or could recommend one. I favor the GP line..

pe4usuqy.jpg

I'm certain with the right adapters, see above, the KFL would look great on just about anything.

There's the KFL/LUX combo I posted awhile back. Good luck!

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
I agree, I would rather it be snug. I might be shooting an email out. Thanks for the pics!

Good luck! I hope it's not a batch issue if you got yours just recently. I'll update when mine arrives to see if it has the same problem.

Just a thought . . . does it have that gap with other toppers? Or with another KFL? There's the slight chance that the KFL is off. Very slight chance if the Germans are as good now as they were last century.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I tore the wick down again, and I had another look at the coil. No overlaps that I can tell, but this is to the naked eye. Raised the coil up a bit, and seems to be performing on par with the previous setup of the coil; although, I feel there was a bit more vapor with the coil sitting slightly above the air hole. This thing plumes regardless, so it may be my imagination.

Before I swap juices again, I will roll another coil/wick under this...

aby5atuz.jpg

..help me get a better eye on my setup. :D

no doubt you need some kind of magnifying glass to work on these micro's, I use the visor thingy with a light on both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread