Not open for further replies.

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
How did u manage to pass the EkoW thru the coil?

Basically what jazzguy said. The only difference for me was I used a 2.5mm drill bit for the coil, wet the end of the ekowool so it slipped into the coil easily. Then I did a little respacing of the coil with a needle. Had to twist the ekowool a little as it passed through the coil and it did take about 15 minutes and 3 or 4 lengths of ekowool before I perfected it, must have been the shaky hands :D

It was a little fiddly to do, but well worth it for the results :thumbs:

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
My first KFL on a FedEx plane from intaste.de. Scheduled to arrive tomorrow! :D

Can't wait to try these micros on it. I love the micro builds in my gennies and IGO-L.

Mine too, me too, ditto, +1, etc...

Amazing shipping! And I'm pretty sure it's not stuck anywhere since FedEx left a voice mail saying it will be here before 10:30AM :)

Last edited:

Tennovan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2011
Texas
FYI seems Vape Rev has the o-ring kit for a 3.1ES in stock. Looks like all the o-rings are there and would also work for a Lite. $2.50 a set

Kayfun V3.1 Spare O-rings

$2.50 for the spare o-rings, but $6.24 shipping via first class mail. Does that seem wrong to anyone else? With shipping costs being 250% higher than the product itself, I think I'll pass. Just another reason for me not to shop at VR.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
How did u manage to pass the EkoW thru the coil?

OMG! You're NOT a female LOL
lol-034.gif

9ball_AJ

On the Snap...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
$2.50 for the spare o-rings, but $6.24 shipping via first class mail. Does that seem wrong to anyone else? With shipping costs being 250% higher than the product itself, I think I'll pass. Just another reason for me not to shop at VR.

I was going to order a replacement M tank for my KFL this weekend from Vaperev. First class shipping was $7.60 :shock: I thought it had to be a mistake, so I called 'em and they explained that since they had reports of many packages being stolen from mailboxes and porch steps, they were requiring insurance and signature deliver on every package that went out. The guy then stated that if I send an email releasing them from liability if the package gets stolen, they would send me a coupon code. A day later I got an email stating that insurance was still required but I could request they send without signature only. Not good enough.

I got a few local vapers together and placed a larger group order from Intaste instead. Cheaper for all, and we'll probably get 'em faster anyway. Plus they had the full size M tank in stock and I picked up some spare insulaters as well. I am not spending my money with VR anymore either...

XtianApi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2012
Tucker, Georgia
I agree with Waho, it leaves a bit of odour initially but fades away pretty quickly - either my innards get used to it or it truly dies. Either way a non-issue with me, b'coz the ease of replacement is what entices me. I'm using this and it's serving me well...

Could be found at Amazon HERE.

ordering, i'll try them out, thanks. At least I'll be sure I am experiencing the same thing so I can know if I am just extra sensitive to the odour or these have less.

XtianApi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2012
Tucker, Georgia
I've been using top care (generic Spartan store brand in Michigan) sterile cotton balls. It's what I've had in my house so it's the only kind I've used.

I'd describe the taste as kind of like licking a clean cotton T-shirt. Certainly not over powering.
Yeah, that describes it. As long as it goes away then I'll try it out again. Maybe I am so used to silica that the change seems more drastic to me. This silica that I found seem flavorless with nothing to get used to. I was trying cotton because I would think it gets juice to the coil and squeezes around the wire better. The flavor was so surprising at first, that I kind of worried that I was inhaling something bad, just a physical reaction.

XtianApi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2012
Tucker, Georgia
100% cotton is 100% cotton - it doesn't matter in what form or where it was bought. So long as it says "100% cotton" (ie, doesn't contain latex or other unvapeable nastiness) it's all going to be the same.

Boiling can help get rid of some of the "cottony" taste, if you don't mind making cotton soup. Ultimately though it may be that there are some people who just can't stand cotton.
That is what I was thinking. It is just weird not really ever hearing someone talk about a really strong cotton flavor, and then experiencing it.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I only taste the cotton if it's not saturated enough. Sometimes, after rebuilding or refilling, I get a dry cotton taste and then I know to take a couple "primer puffs" to get it wicking and once its saturated, I don't taste it anymore. As for what kind or brand I use, I just get a bag from walmart. No ordering necessary.

Socalvapster

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Rosemead, California
3/4 wrap .8 x .1 ribbon Kanthal, threaded two 1mm Eckowool= tons of vapor @ .8ohms. I wrapped the coil around the shaft of my mini screw driver. This setup puts out tons of vapor with a warm throat hit and good flavor but it likes to guzzle juice due to the efficient wider heating surface area with a nice even glow and no hot spots. A slight flooding/gurgling works good for this since it vaporizes it pretty good.

Last edited:

V4Vendetta

Micro Coil Lover
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2013
SIN/BKK/SFO
I just built a couple of kfls last night and so far it's been OMFG experience. My best vaping experience as a noob. This is at a whole different level than using iClear, DCT tank with cartos or my RSST builds.

I have built two kfl around 1.3 ohm with cotton gauge wick. Large diameter. When my 28 awg kanthal wire comes in, I'm going for smaller diameter, micro coil with cotton ball wick.

By the way, I just read the entire thread from start to this!!!!

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
I just built a couple of kfls last night and so far it's been OMFG experience. My best vaping experience as a noob. This is at a whole different level than using iClear, DCT tank with cartos or my RSST builds.

I have built two kfl around 1.3 ohm with cotton gauge wick. Large diameter. When my 28 awg kanthal wire comes in, I'm going for smaller diameter, micro coil with cotton ball wick.

By the way, I just read the entire thread from start to this!!!!

Wow ! :D ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread