Kayfun Prime by SXK or YFTK? (Attack of the clone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
After almost a month using SXK Prime, I am noticed there is very very small air leak on the airflow ring.It seem the airflow ring is not press fit so there is a very small amount air are in from the side part top airflow ring. Is that case same too with authen?
Are you saying that if you put your thumb over airflow, that you can still get a draw? If so, it is the same on authentic and it doesn't change the vape what so ever. ...if you snap up the air flow disc ( just lift it up , it will move up slightly ) and now put your thumb over air hole, you now should have no draw. At this point take a few vapes in both positions and you'll see no real difference in the vapes

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reactions: stols001

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I have SXK and Ulton.
SXK have not so good o-rings.
My SXK have occasionally micro gurgle after refil, other owners have more problems.
Sxk prime leak when refill: FastTech Forums

Upper tank is SXK, lower is Ulton, same position on both (o-ring no. 11).

fd62d7f41870a4cef67e8253aa89fe9f.jpg
69bc67b8d01d52fa1a2797ded4c7dfa1.jpg
It very well be the orings, but at least in my authentic kayfun mini v3's and authentic prime, I see a direct correlation when there is not enough wicking material in channels. ..I use rayon and trim my tails and every time I trim to much off, I get that slight gurgle after refilling. On my next rewick, I won't trim quite as much and the slight gurgle goes away....I can obviously see this issue as an oring issue, so I'm sure on the clone it is, but on the authentic, it is rectified by having slightly more in channels

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Partha

Jan 14, 2018
Hey guys, I have Kayfun Prime clones from both SXK and YFTK. After doing lots of builds, I find that YFTK Kayfun Prime is way way far better than SXK( Two of them-Very disappointed). There is a noticeable amount of air leak on SXK which kills my vaping experience. BTW I am a MTL vaper and prefer last hole setting in KF Prime/Berserker/Siren V2. Moreover SXK build has issues with O rings which causes difficulties while screwing the tank to the deck. JFC is buggy as well which leads to gurgling after each refills. I also noticed that O rings from SXK carries a chemical(petroleum) smell that wont go even after several manual and ultrasonic washes(used Dawn dish wash and soaked them for more tan 12 hours few times). This smell is so strong that it spoils the overall vaping experience with SXK KF Prime. Final verdict, If you decide to go for a KF Prime clone, buy YFTK KF Prime and I bet that you will enjoy it!. Btw, I came to know that Ulton KF Prime is even better than YFTK KF Prime. I have placed and order and waiting for the delivery. Will leave a comment here after testing it. Happy vaping!

rifky

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2014
Indonesia
Hey guys, I have Kayfun Prime clones from both SXK and YFTK. After doing lots of builds, I find that YFTK Kayfun Prime is way way far better than SXK( Two of them-Very disappointed). There is a noticeable amount of air leak on SXK which kills my vaping experience. BTW I am a MTL vaper and prefer last hole setting in KF Prime/Berserker/Siren V2. Moreover SXK build has issues with O rings which causes difficulties while screwing the tank to the deck. JFC is buggy as well which leads to gurgling after each refills. I also noticed that O rings from SXK carries a chemical(petroleum) smell that wont go even after several manual and ultrasonic washes(used Dawn dish wash and soaked them for more tan 12 hours few times). This smell is so strong that it spoils the overall vaping experience with SXK KF Prime. Final verdict, If you decide to go for a KF Prime clone, buy YFTK KF Prime and I bet that you will enjoy it!. Btw, I came to know that Ulton KF Prime is even better than YFTK KF Prime. I have placed and order and waiting for the delivery. Will leave a comment here after testing it. Happy vaping!
Very informatif, I am btw have SXK in rush buy. For my exp SXK is the best clone. So, it seem I made a mistake, from what I read here, it seem YFTK is more good since there no air leaking draw. Yes I sense that air draw, and it ruined my MTL exp. Cant wait to hear your exp on Ulton. I am glad this forum is working as should be. That is avoid people to buy a mistake item, since they can read review for the other so they can decide which one most suitable. Thx and I will be waiting Ulton info @Partha

Partha

Jan 14, 2018
Very informatif, I am btw have SXK in rush buy. For my exp SXK is the best clone. So, it seem I made a mistake, from what I read here, it seem YFTK is more good since there no air leaking draw. Yes I sense that air draw, and it ruined my MTL exp. Cant wait to hear your exp on Ulton. I am glad this forum is working as should be. That is avoid people to buy a mistake item, since they can read review for the other so they can decide which one most suitable. Thx and I will be waiting Ulton info @Partha

Thanks Rifky, I always had high hope on SXK products but lately they seem to be losing their luster. I have always had smelly tank issue with them. For sure they are not properly cleaned after lathe works. I was so surprised that YFTK KF Prime was very clean, no oily smell and required just a normal wash. SXK products seems to be lacking proper QA testing before releasing them to the market hence we end wasting our money.
Cheers and happy vaping!

maibol

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2017

wow i got a question did you found a diference on the draw between the berserker and the prime im jumping to the wagon and im buying the YFTK

Partha

Jan 14, 2018
Hey! clone are always hit and miss. Even with YFTK make sure you wick with right amount of cotton otherwise you will notice some gurgling (May be with the one that I got )after refills which would go away after few vapes. Compared to SXK KF Prime this is the only con i noticed with the YFTK KF Prime. To be honest, Being a strict MTL vaper I love my berserker tank. One problem with this one will be heavy gurgling and even seepage after refills since this tank does not have a dedicated juice flow control. But I tackle this problem just by filling ejuice from the bottom by opening the deck. After bottom side refills, It works like a charm! No leaks/gurgles etc. I am okay with it since I can inspect the status of the coil and replace them even before it goes bad when I am at work or so. I am using Canadian vape show award winning fruit ejuce from a local vendor. it is one the best ejuice I have ever vaped. With Berseker ( 4.5 Ml mode) it is like an heaven dude :). I dont get that rich flavour boost from Siren 2 or from YTFK KF Prime. The flavour from Berserker has some definition and the last hole is slightly tighter than YTFK KF Prime smallest hole but when my friends tried they were unable to notice that minute difference. Yeah I am very picky ;-). If you are okay with filling up the ejuice from the bottom and your a tight MTL vaper, I would advise to go for a original Berserker. It is definitely worth your investment. Hopefully there will be Berserker 2 with JFC later this year or in 2019. Hope this helps. Happy vaping! Cheers

maibol

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2017
Hey! clone are always hit and miss. Even with YFTK make sure you wick with right amount of cotton otherwise you will notice some gurgling (May be with the one that I got )after refills which would go away after few vapes. Compared to SXK KF Prime this is the only con i noticed with the YFTK KF Prime. To be honest, Being a strict MTL vaper I love my berserker tank. One problem with this one will be heavy gurgling and even seepage after refills since this tank does not have a dedicated juice flow control. But I tackle this problem just by filling ejuice from the bottom by opening the deck. After bottom side refills, It works like a charm! No leaks/gurgles etc. I am okay with it since I can inspect the status of the coil and replace them even before it goes bad when I am at work or so. I am using Canadian vape show award winning fruit ejuce from a local vendor. it is one the best ejuice I have ever vaped. With Berseker ( 4.5 Ml mode) it is like an heaven dude :). I dont get that rich flavour boost from Siren 2 or from YTFK KF Prime. The flavour from Berserker has some definition and the last hole is slightly tighter than YTFK KF Prime smallest hole but when my friends tried they were unable to notice that minute difference. Yeah I am very picky ;-). If you are okay with filling up the ejuice from the bottom and your a tight MTL vaper, I would advise to go for a original Berserker. It is definitely worth your investment. Hopefully there will be Berserker 2 with JFC later this year or in 2019. Hope this helps. Happy vaping! Cheers

thanks for the almost review :thumbs: i think is very helpful i dont have issue refiling from the bottom but i admit ill love the kf juice control and i think a SS mesh can tight it a bit more if too airy .... sooo maybe i can get both :lol: btw... where did you find the ulton one i read they are amazing clones

rifky

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2014
Indonesia
Just wonder, have you ever try this : fill the berserker than put a top cap with just half turn then turn the atty up side down until all juice came down then screw the top cap tight. I really courious if this atty still leaking ?

maibol

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2017
well.... well..... i finally get my YFTK prime clone and i got a mini review......

when i open the box i was amaze by the quality of this clone the tank was clean and i didn't smell any wired oil or see any gunk inside, The threads are smooth and well machined even the top cap one that a lot of people is complaining about the original one. I clean it up nicely ( cause i always do no matter how clean they come ) get my tools and

Building

I throw a build ( one of my worst ever [emoji23] ) it came at .8 ohms with 28G SS316L ... ¡wow! build in there is breeze even with the reduction of the deck it was easy i use the flat screws because they look stiff and i didn't get any jumps on resistance or issues with screws all smoothness.

Wicking

I found that the wicking process change a bit from the KF 4 and the KF 5, on the prime even been so similar on the deck side to the KF 5 is smaller and the wick holes are reduced too i was use to put a lot of cotton on the KF 5 but on the prime you can preserve your cotton cause you don't need a lot.

Juice time

Everything was set and i measure the liquid just to know how much i can squeeze in there and for my surprise it can handle almost 3 ml (2.8) that is find for me and i don't have to carry liquid when im working it last me the shift.[emoji106]

Vaping time

The first draw was very .....very .......very flavorful it reminds the KF 4 "you hear the coil popping" and there comes good stuff yay!!!!..... it is a very satisfying flavorful draw like the ones i use to love from the KF 4 and maybe the same kind of troat hit as i cant remember it well.

Performance

I try different wattage options to tun it up amazing me again with the performance and quality of the vape experience i try it from 13 to 25 watts and found a good experience with 15 watts. Then i try it on temp control and didn't find any issue with it the reads on the coil where accurate and the performance as expected with my common set up.... I got a vapedroid c1d2 DNA 75 and a vapeforward stout ( with artic fox ) and it works amazing on both ( i found people complaining about TC with it on a few places but non existence issue for me ).

Conclusion

I know this is a clone but i think is a great quality one i haven't found issues with it at least that's my experience till now..... I think it worth a try you wont be disappointed great flavor, great performance, leak free ( until now ), really good MTL experience wich is a + ( no experiments this time like the KF 5 ) is a really tight and satisfying draw ( troat hit is dependant of few things like your juice mix and nicotine level so im not going there) and finally is another cheap and accessible option to try the tank without emptying your pocket honestly this give me some courage to buy the original and probably ill do it.

I hope it was helpful [emoji6]

Sent from my X522 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
I've ordered this one:
$16.99 Prime Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 2ml/4ml / 316 stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

It's as far as i can see the only Prime clone on FT right now that has the extention tube. Will report when it arrives..

b.

Probably a LieFeng. I got one in last week and finally set it up today after cleaning it last night. I was getting no atomizer on all my primo mini's unless I used a heat sink. I checked and rechecked the diagram online to be sure I put it back together correctly. What a pita. I then tried putting the 510 insulator in backwards (smaller end facing out) and now it works fine. Strange, anyone else have this problem?

rifky

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2014
Indonesia
Probably a LieFeng. I got one in last week and finally set it up today after cleaning it last night. I was getting no atomizer on all my primo mini's unless I used a heat sink. I checked and rechecked the diagram online to be sure I put it back together correctly. What a pita. I then tried putting the 510 insulator in backwards (smaller end facing out) and now it works fine. Strange, anyone else have this problem?
Try to tightem 510 pin

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
Try to tightem 510 pin

That was the first thing I did try. Apparently it is too flush and loosening it so it isn't so flush creates other problems. But putting the insulator in backwards allows me to have it both tight and protruding enough to make good contact. But there's a worse problem that developed I think is related to the O-rings, taste has gotten funny, leaks on refill, hard to open JFC after closing and I noticed a little black spec floating. Noticed that the O-rings on the originals diagram are supposed to be different sizes, they're the same size on mine. Seems to be a thread on FT discussing some of the symptoms I'm having.

maibol

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2017
That was the first thing I did try. Apparently it is too flush and loosening it so it isn't so flush creates other problems. But putting the insulator in backwards allows me to have it both tight and protruding enough to make good contact. But there's a worse problem that developed I think is related to the O-rings, taste has gotten funny, leaks on refill, hard to open JFC after closing and I noticed a little black spec floating. Noticed that the O-rings on the originals diagram are supposed to be different sizes, they're the same size on mine. Seems to be a thread on FT discussing some of the symptoms I'm having.
you can try changing the oring in the deck and the other below that one also the jfc doesn't work like the kf5 you should open it less turns than when you open it on the kf5 in my case i open it just one turn and it wick perfect no flooding and no leaking for me that way with 70vg 30 pg liquids

• Useful

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
you can try changing the oring in the deck and the other below that one also the jfc doesn't work like the kf5 you should open it less turns than when you open it on the kf5 in my case i open it just one turn and it wick perfect no flooding and no leaking for me that way with 70vg 30 pg liquids

I think I understand your point about only opening the JFC just a little, of course than you lose the ability to adjust the AFC on the fly. But for me I think it has become a mute point. At a point I seriously considered shelling out for an authentic. Took it completely apart and grabbed the spare O-rings. They're all there, played with it and got it to work as perfectly as possible. I can not complain at all about the build quality of this clone. There is nothing wrong with it. There is something about the KF's that really attracts me, I have shelled out for four clones. I almost didn't buy a Siren V2 because I don't like the looks, now I have four of them too, because they really deliver. I'm depressed, the KF's just reminds me of my second ex wife. Trying to look on the bright side, cold feet kept me away from the authentic.

maibol

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2017
I think I understand your point about only opening the JFC just a little, of course than you lose the ability to adjust the AFC on the fly. But for me I think it has become a mute point. At a point I seriously considered shelling out for an authentic. Took it completely apart and grabbed the spare O-rings. They're all there, played with it and got it to work as perfectly as possible. I can not complain at all about the build quality of this clone. There is nothing wrong with it. There is something about the KF's that really attracts me, I have shelled out for four clones. I almost didn't buy a Siren V2 because I don't like the looks, now I have four of them too, because they really deliver. I'm depressed, the KF's just reminds me of my second ex wife. Trying to look on the bright side, cold feet kept me away from the authentic.
im glad you figure it out ..... and yes i dont know if this a flaw on the original too but you need to be careful opening JFC and when i compare the kf5 with the kf prime JFC i notice that it open more the flow with less turns maybe because of the size or maybe because of a flaw as it still been a clone

• Useful

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
im glad you figure it out ..... and yes i dont know if this a flaw on the original too but you need to be careful opening JFC and when i compare the kf5 with the kf prime JFC i notice that it open more the flow with less turns maybe because of the size or maybe because of a flaw as it still been a clone

Do you have a problem with reopening the JFC after closing it? Every time I close it, it seizes. It closes easy for me, but I really have to struggle with it to get it to reopen. I tried working around the other issues, but the seizing every time is just too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread