Kayfun Prime by SXK or YFTK? (Attack of the clone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
Hey! clone are always hit and miss. Even with YFTK make sure you wick with right amount of cotton otherwise you will notice some gurgling (May be with the one that I got )after refills which would go away after few vapes. Compared to SXK KF Prime this is the only con i noticed with the YFTK KF Prime. To be honest, Being a strict MTL vaper I love my berserker tank. One problem with this one will be heavy gurgling and even seepage after refills since this tank does not have a dedicated juice flow control. But I tackle this problem just by filling ejuice from the bottom by opening the deck. After bottom side refills, It works like a charm! No leaks/gurgles etc. I am okay with it since I can inspect the status of the coil and replace them even before it goes bad when I am at work or so. I am using Canadian vape show award winning fruit ejuce from a local vendor. it is one the best ejuice I have ever vaped. With Berseker ( 4.5 Ml mode) it is like an heaven dude :). I dont get that rich flavour boost from Siren 2 or from YTFK KF Prime. The flavour from Berserker has some definition and the last hole is slightly tighter than YTFK KF Prime smallest hole but when my friends tried they were unable to notice that minute difference. Yeah I am very picky ;-). If you are okay with filling up the ejuice from the bottom and your a tight MTL vaper, I would advise to go for a original Berserker. It is definitely worth your investment. Hopefully there will be Berserker 2 with JFC later this year or in 2019. Hope this helps. Happy vaping! Cheers

After dealing with both the Prime & V5 I am VERY happy to bottom fill the Berserker. All I want is the Berserker to have is just a little more airflow. Bottom filling is just so easy on it, a lot easier than fighting with the KF tops. The flavor is great, even slightly better than the Siren, but the Siren air flow options puts it as the front runner. The Berserker AFC adjustment is super easy, the Siren a little tight and needs a little attention, the KF's can be outright obnoxious at times.

Still, I am considering the Ulton Prime, anybody have more detail on it?

Reactions: stols001

maibol

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2017
Do you have a problem with reopening the JFC after closing it? Every time I close it, it seizes. It closes easy for me, but I really have to struggle with it to get it to reopen. I tried working around the other issues, but the seizing every time is just too much.
if i dont lube it well it kind stuck it has happened to me but i use a lil bit of ejuice to lube the threads and also the orings and it stays smooth

Sent from my X522 using Tapatalk

maibol

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2017
After dealing with both the Prime & V5 I am VERY happy to bottom fill the Berserker. All I want is the Berserker to have is just a little more airflow. Bottom filling is just so easy on it, a lot easier than fighting with the KF tops. The flavor is great, even slightly better than the Siren, but the Siren air flow options puts it as the front runner. The Berserker AFC adjustment is super easy, the Siren a little tight and needs a little attention, the KF's can be outright obnoxious at times.

Still, I am considering the Ulton Prime, anybody have more detail on it?
i want to try the ulton too..... also about to buy the hastur

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
if i dont lube it well it kind stuck it has happened to me but i use a lil bit of ejuice to lube the threads and also the orings and it stays smooth

Did that countless times. Got so bad I needed to take the top and glass off and grab it with a wet rag and pliers to loosen it. I tried to see if I could improve it by repeatedly opening and closing, no luck. It seizes when closed. Tolerance must be way too tight.

I decided to test out another KF V5 clone I got, also a LieFeng. Seem to be having the opposite luck. Instead of 3mm air hole under the coil like the SXK it is 2.5mm. It is less airy and quieter than the SXK. It requires 2 1/4 360 turns to open the JFC enough to adjust the AFC. The SXK was 1.5 turns. So I do like it better and it is functioning well. The Prime did seem closer to what I want, but the one I have has taken up a lot of time and effort and not worth trying to use.

maibol

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2017
Did that countless times. Got so bad I needed to take the top and glass off and grab it with a wet rag and pliers to loosen it. I tried to see if I could improve it by repeatedly opening and closing, no luck. It seizes when closed. Tolerance must be way too tight.

I decided to test out another KF V5 clone I got, also a LieFeng. Seem to be having the opposite luck. Instead of 3mm air hole under the coil like the SXK it is 2.5mm. It is less airy and quieter than the SXK. It requires 2 1/4 360 turns to open the JFC enough to adjust the AFC. The SXK was 1.5 turns. So I do like it better and it is functioning well. The Prime did seem closer to what I want, but the one I have has taken up a lot of time and effort and not worth trying to use.
that suck but if you give a chance to the ulton (i think im gon try it to ) let us know how it goes

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
that suck but if you give a chance to the ulton (i think im gon try it to ) let us know how it goes

Looks like I really Magoo'd it. But not fair to LieFeng or others considering it, not to admit it. Wrong O-ring #8, wrong positioning #22, and able now to have 510 pin insulator pointing the correct way and the mod reading it. JFC now adjusts super easy. The top comes off easy. Two days no leak or seeping, so far so good. I have not tried it with the extension like I had it originally, but for now I am considering it all user error.

maibol

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2017
Looks like I really Magoo'd it. But not fair to LieFeng or others considering it, not to admit it. Wrong O-ring #8, wrong positioning #22, and able now to have 510 pin insulator pointing the correct way and the mod reading it. JFC now adjusts super easy. The top comes off easy. Two days no leak or seeping, so far so good. I have not tried it with the extension like I had it originally, but for now I am considering it all user error.
nice bro im glad you figured it and hope is a great vape for now on

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
Not to change the subject, but the best Kayfun V5 clone is the SJMY version. I thought everyone already knew that. The SXK, Ulton, LieFeng, or Tobeco cannot hang with the SJMY V5.

Can you elaborate why? The SXK I have is too airy, can whistle a bit at times. The LieFeng I have has a 2.5mm hole, so I like it better. I really can't knock the build quality, they are different, but seem to be ok. I did notice the SXK glass is a lot thicker than the LF, the LF Prime with extension installed uses the exact glass used on the LF V5. The V5 itself just seems closer to DTL than MTL. What makes the SMJY stand out for you?

TraderX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2015
Philly Suburbs
As always, Google is your friend on these comparisons. 3FVape where these tanks are sold had over 70 positive reviews for the SJMY Kayfun V5 before the SvoeMesto and PayPal trouble. They had to remove the Kayfuns and rename them "KF Style" tanks. Now the reviews are gone, but the SJMY is the king of all Kayfun V5 clones. Many believe it is better than the authentic. I have two of them, and they are absolutely magnificently flawless.

Kusie

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2017
Germany
Wrong O-ring #8
Do you have by any chance the exact size of the o-ring you used on that position that works?
If possible please measure the outer ring diameter, not inner (I saw many people state o ring sizes and not telling if outer or inner ID was taken... seems to be a country dependent thing if you measure inner or outer...)

Thanks!
K.

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
Do you have by any chance the exact size of the o-ring you used on that position that works?
If possible please measure the outer ring diameter, not inner (I saw many people state o ring sizes and not telling if outer or inner ID was taken... seems to be a country dependent thing if you measure inner or outer...)

Thanks!
K.

No, I have to line them up and eyeball them. But when I compared it to the spares it was obvious where it fell in size. Replacing it using my premise on size and testing proved it was the right one. It has been working good since I made the change.

The positioning of #22 is what has me a little confused. Placing it in the grove area right after the top cap threads make it nearly impossible to close and open. Placing it flush against the top cap lets me put the top cap on/off easily and I do not have any leaking problems.

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
As always, Google is your friend on these comparisons. 3FVape where these tanks are sold had over 70 positive reviews for the SJMY Kayfun V5 before the SvoeMesto and PayPal trouble. They had to remove the Kayfuns and rename them "KF Style" tanks. Now the reviews are gone, but the SJMY is the king of all Kayfun V5 clones. Many believe it is better than the authentic. I have two of them, and they are absolutely magnificently flawless.

Longer threads on the SJMY KF V5 aren't really a selling point for me. What I did like about the LieFeng over the SXK is the 2.5mm hole in the center post. There seems to be different "tiers" of the LieFeng. Impulsive curiosity got to me, I purchased two LieFengs, from the same store, at the same time, but two different prices, just to see if there was any difference. I have to guess which was the more expensive one. One came clean with no machine oil (I still cleaned it), not a single complaint on the machining, I had a learning curve on the O-rings, but now it is working good. The other one (I am assuming the cheaper one), I could see trace oil, the POM on the drip tip was cut at a slight angle (minor defect). Otherwise I see no other problems, but I have not bothered to clean and actually test it yet. Curious if the center pin from the cheaper one will fit perfectly into the SXK. The 2.5mm vs 3mm makes a big difference for me.

Still, now that I have the Prime working right, I do like the Prime better. And I like the Berserker and Siren better than KF. I like them all better switching between them, each with it's own flavor. But if I was forced to chose just one, it would have to be the Siren.

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
Oh, the fact that LieFeng has different quality and prices, with no independent identification, the fact (with the exception of SXK) they do not brand their clones, is a HUGE negative. The listing didn't even specify that it has a 2.5mm center post. I'm taking a risk on getting the Ulton Prime. But specs and their own branding would be much better.

TraderX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2015
Philly Suburbs
As far as I know, and based on many review of the SJMY product, is the only exact duplicate of the authentic SvoeMesto V5. The center pin and all specifications are exact. The MTL reducers from SvoeMesto all fit perfectly, as does the glass. The other clones have parts that will not fit the authentic properly and vice versa. I want to always have parts available, this is semi important to me.

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
As far as I know, and based on many review of the SJMY product, is the only exact duplicate of the authentic SvoeMesto V5. The center pin and all specifications are exact. The MTL reducers from SvoeMesto all fit perfectly, as does the glass. The other clones have parts that will not fit the authentic properly and vice versa. I want to always have parts available, this is semi important to me.

Oh, I was going by the first video you posted, it said the SJMY had longer threads, that was what he thought was better than the authentic. I think someone starting from scratch who wants a more restricted hit would want to go for the Prime, someone wanting more air they may really like V5. He did say he couldn't tell the difference in hit or taste between the authentic and SJMY. The authentic Prime sells the extension kit separately, that, an extra parts kit and shipping would cost me $165, not including the extension and multiple sets of spare rings is a big negative. I think not including the reducers for the V5 is also a disappointment.

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
Oh well, it was working good for a couple of weeks, even swapped in the extension. I did like the flavor. Changed the cotton. Started leaking through the AFC, changed it again, and again.... Is it my wick or something else... Taking up room on the mod I was using for the Nautilus anyways. Someday when I'm in the mood... Grrrr....

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
10 Days with the Ulton KF Prime. No leaks, JFC smooth, AFC smooth, six dots full open, one dot most restricted, still able to open the top to refill easily (no pliers required). Really enjoying it. There was no trace or smell of oil when received.

Negative: Luckily I decided to take it apart and give an initial batch even though there was no trace of oil. The bottom o-ring (#8) on the deck was broken. If I had not taken it apart that would of been a leak.

Doesn't matter to me: The drip tip was about a 1 mm shorter compared to the SXK or Lie Feng's I have, also the material for the black part "seemed" to be different.

The etching on the drip tip and evaporation chamber is pretty light.

It really does work great, but it has only been 10 days, the real question is do the o-rings hold up and for how long.

I double checked for spare Ulton o-rings, but they don't exist.

I would buy the authentic Prime now IF I was in the U.S., but where I am there is a good chance it wouldn't make it through customs as they seem to look closely at items with any kind of premium shipping and I have found out e-cigarettes are now "restricted".

I would have one sent for hold in the U.S., but too expensive an item to not test upon receipt for defect. The deeming scare last week got me to have some mods and tanks sent to the U.S. for hold, just in case.

I would of liked to include the Prime, but didn't. I like the Berserker, but didn't. I like the >$10 Nautilus clones and $3 per 5 coils, but didn't. I did find a good sale on Siren V2 24mm and was able to get them at about $40 per 2 and a little under and got a few backups of those. Few parts, learned to just hot bath at first with the top cap on to keep original o-ring. They are just VERY dependable and work great.

If I was in the states I would stock up on Prime, glass and o-rings though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread