Kayfun Prime by SXK or YFTK? (Attack of the clone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
I got the ST PEI/SS replacement tank from FT. Seems almost indestructible.

It would be a little easier to see the level when filling if it had been made entirely from PEI instead of mostly SS. But the translucent lower section is helpful to know when you are low.

Seems good so far. The 2 sections are threaded together. I added an o-ring between the PEI and SS sections but I don't know if it was necessary. None was included.

https://www.fasttech.com/p/9630407

9630407-1.jpg

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
I'm sorry that you are suspicious of me. Not much I can do about that other than try and assure you and everyone else that I am not a shill for SXK. Still enjoying both of my Prime clones. If that's not good enough, I'm sorry about that.

If anyone is still having issues with leaking or hard to turn juice flow, try silicone O-rings in the sizes listed on the authentic Prime spec sheet or buy a pack of the authentic o-rings.

My apologies. I have found even with authentic O-rings there are still minor issues with leaking and sticking. Improved function, but still issues. That is for both the Prime and V5.

I found the Ulton Prime to be very smooth and no leaking problems right out of the box, no need to swap out O-rings.. I wished the V5 was still available for purchase. I was so impressed with their Prime I tried their clone of the Taifun GT IV. I did order the clear glass tube separately to go with it, I didn't want frosted. Same top quality as the Prime.

Since I couldn't get an Ulton V5 I tried the SMJY KF V5. Another winner, never the slightest leak, no need to swap O-rings. JFC nice and smooth.

If, like me, someone already purchased an SXK (or even a Lie Feng) and are having issues, original and/or silicone O-rings may mediate the problem. But if looking to buy new, Ulton and SMJY can save a bit of frustration.

Leo Bak

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2015
Netherlands
I put the Primes away, but only because I'm seeking more open draw, strange though I don't want to let the Nautilus go.

My apologies. I have found even with authentic O-rings there are still minor issues with leaking and sticking. Improved function, but still issues. That is for both the Prime and V5.

I found the Ulton Prime to be very smooth and no leaking problems right out of the box, no need to swap out O-rings.. I wished the V5 was still available for purchase. I was so impressed with their Prime I tried their clone of the Taifun GT IV. I did order the clear glass tube separately to go with it, I didn't want frosted. Same top quality as the Prime.

Since I couldn't get an Ulton V5 I tried the SMJY KF V5. Another winner, never the slightest leak, no need to swap O-rings. JFC nice and smooth.

If, like me, someone already purchased an SXK (or even a Lie Feng) and are having issues, original and/or silicone O-rings may mediate the problem. But if looking to buy new, Ulton and SMJY can save a bit of frustration.
You might want to take a look at the SXK KF5 mini, which has been my daily device for quite a while now, leaving all my other KF clones useless. It's a near perfect mix between the Prime and KF5. It has the spacier builddeck and wider airflow of the 5 and the shorter chimney of the Prime giving you a lot more flavor than the 5. Only few bad o-rings, no leaking at all. Combined with the decent machining that several SXK's used to have in the past. https://www.vapeyaya.com/index.php?_route_=sxk-kayfun-v5-mini-rta

I once ordered a Ulton KF5 here BTW and it seems they still sell them.

Rockford

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2018
BC Canada
Anyone ever get a slight juice leakage from the top cap? (YFTK clone) I just washed mine and rebuilt, juiced all the o-rings and noticed juice leaking from top cap so I wiped it with cleanex, it seem's to have quit now but thats the second time it's done that, with the eyeball test the 0-ring looks okay but maybe I should change it?

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
You might want to take a look at the SXK KF5 mini, which has been my daily device for quite a while now, leaving all my other KF clones useless. It's a near perfect mix between the Prime and KF5. It has the spacier builddeck and wider airflow of the 5 and the shorter chimney of the Prime giving you a lot more flavor than the 5. Only few bad o-rings, no leaking at all. Combined with the decent machining that several SXK's used to have in the past. https://www.vapeyaya.com/index.php?_route_=sxk-kayfun-v5-mini-rta

I once ordered a Ulton KF5 here BTW and it seems they still sell them.

2F still lists the Ulton KF5's but they are all marked "Sold Out", been like that for awhile now :( I bought both my Ulton Prime and Taifun GT IV from them.

Using all my impulse control on the SXK KF5 Mini, lol. The SXK's I have the machining looks good. It was the bad O-rings, sticky JFC and minor leaking on the bottom. It doesn't leak all over the place and I use heat sinks to protect my mod 510's anyways. I only notice it when I remove the tank and I just wipe off the bottom of the tank and the top of the heat sink. The Ulton and SMJY have proven that they can be built with JFC that glides, O-rings that don't need to be swapped and not a drop of juice that ever leaks. Unfortunately they can't be found anymore and don't have the mini. The price point does look inviting on vapeyaya though.

Reactions: smoked25years

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
Anyone ever get a slight juice leakage from the top cap? (YFTK clone) I just washed mine and rebuilt, juiced all the o-rings and noticed juice leaking from top cap so I wiped it with cleanex, it seem's to have quit now but thats the second time it's done that, with the eyeball test the 0-ring looks okay but maybe I should change it?

I have this nasty habit of over filling my prime and yep just flooded it again. Figured out just stand over the sink and blow into it, a bit of juice came out the air flow and solved. shees

Never had juice leak from the top of the YFTK Prime but it is mostly kept upright. Is it random leaking or does it just happen after over filling?

I only invert the Prime before closing the juice flow control. Apparently that is an old trick that predates the Prime. I learned it from FT forums. Now I never have any leaks... hope I didn't just jinx myself--haha!

I have a few sets of replacement o-rings from FT but I haven't used them. Still using the original ones.

Reactions: stols001

Rockford

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2018
BC Canada
Never had juice leak from the top of the YFTK Prime but it is mostly kept upright. Is it random leaking or does it just happen after over filling?

I only invert the Prime before closing the juice flow control. Apparently that is an old trick that predates the Prime. I learned it from FT forums. Now I never have any leaks... hope I didn't just jinx myself--haha!

I have a few sets of replacement o-rings from FT but I haven't used them. Still using the original ones.

It's only done it after I fill it, but I think I've over filled it a bit, prob why. When I take the top off and wipe it slightly, it's fine now.

I've always inverted it as well when filling, but have since quit doing that and see no difference. Oh and my atty always sits upright as well on the table.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
It's only done it after I fill it, but I think I've over filled it a bit, prob why. When I take the top off and wipe it slightly, it's fine now.

I've always inverted it as well when filling, but have since quit doing that and see no difference. Oh and my atty always sits upright as well on the table.

I wouldn't count it as leaking if it is overfilled. The top cap takes up some space. So if you overfilled, it will displace some liquid when you put it back on. Easy fix is not to overfill.

If you tip it upside down and it leaks, that would be another story... possibly the o-ring. Never had that problem.

I don't make any effort to keep the tank upright. It just happens to be how I like to use tanks. I rarely leave them on their side. I mention it since there's really not much opportunity to leak from the top unless it is upside down or on its side.

When you had a leak from air flow, did you keep it upright or tip it upside down when you had last filled it? When I use the upside down trick and fill, it doesn't leak from the air flow even if I overfill. For me, it only leaks if I don't invert it. Then the pressure that's built up will pull remaining liquid into the the chamber and flood. I tip the tank upside down when closing or opening the juice flow and then I never get leaks.

Last edited:

Rockford

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2018
BC Canada
I wouldn't count it as leaking if it is overfilled. The top cap takes up some space. So if you overfilled, it will displace some liquid when you put it back on. Easy fix is not to overfill.

If you tip it upside down and it leaks, that would be another story... possibly the o-ring. Never had that problem.

I don't make any effort to keep the tank upright. It just happens to be how I like to use tanks. I rarely leave them on their side. I mention it since there's really not much opportunity to leak from the top unless it is upside down or on its side.

When you had a leak from air flow, did you keep it upright or tip it upside down when you had last filled it? When I use the upside down trick and fill, it doesn't leak from the air flow even if I overfill. For me, it only leaks if I don't invert it. Then the pressure that's built up will pull remaining liquid into the the chamber and flood. I tip the tank upside down when closing or opening the juice flow and then I never get leaks.

yeah, the last time I filled it I did put a bit to much into it anddddd I forgot to close the airflow so I think that was the prob as well. I just filled it again and no probs this time... I'm learning, thanks for the tips :)

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Recently got some SXK primes and have found out that they still have machining oil not just on them, but in them. It's in the threads of the build deck where the screws go.

So if anyone else comes across this issue, try to do what I'm going to do. Full teardown and soak in an Isopropyl Alcohol bath. Then if you have access to one, an Ultrasonic cleaning.

Will update with results.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
Recently got some SXK primes and have found out that they still have machining oil not just on them, but in them. It's in the threads of the build deck where the screws go.

So if anyone else comes across this issue, try to do what I'm going to do. Full teardown and soak in an Isopropyl Alcohol bath. Then if you have access to one, an Ultrasonic cleaning.

Will update with results.

I have 6 of the YFTK Prime clones and they were all very clean. Regardless, I always completely disassemble and clean them even though they look clean.

Haven't tried the SXK clone of the Prime since I read complaints that the air flow holes weren't sized correctly. Is that still a problem or did they correct it in more recent runs?

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
smoked25years, seems as most of the issues have been resolved apart from the o-rings. But they'll work for the meantime, but can and will be replaced easily.

Just didn't like finding machining oil in inaccessible places, as you're not supposed to vape that. That's why the aggressive cleaning.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
smoked25years, seems as most of the issues have been resolved apart from the o-rings. But they'll work for the meantime, but can and will be replaced easily.

Just didn't like finding machining oil in inaccessible places, as you're not supposed to vape that. That's why the aggressive cleaning.

Sounds good.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
As always, Google is your friend on these comparisons. 3FVape where these tanks are sold had over 70 positive reviews for the SJMY Kayfun V5 before the SvoeMesto and PayPal trouble. They had to remove the Kayfuns and rename them "KF Style" tanks. Now the reviews are gone, but the SJMY is the king of all Kayfun V5 clones. Many believe it is better than the authentic. I have two of them, and they are absolutely magnificently flawless.

Could not agree with you more, my brother! It's just too bad that I don't get as sharp a flavor on the V5. I've tried all AF options. But I got the V5 for RL and that's what I got along with a superb tank. I recently changed the upper deck o-ring because I wore it out. I was lucky to find a clear silicone o-ring that fits perfectly and it's smooth sailing.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
Juat got my no logo sxk clone yesterday. I can confirm mine also works perfectly for now. Also, ring #11 is wrong but I left it to test (I do have otiginal SvoeMesto ones). However, my JFC is smooth, cannot complain.

What I did notice is the quality of orings. On many I can see imperfections. Its like they were created from molds and 2 peaces of mold didnt fiy perfectly, creating an edge on some. This is not visible on any of originals. This might explain why some SXKs work better and some worse.

I do miss that logo though. Its very difficult to know how much JFC is open without it

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Know what you mean. I put a 1/8" map sticker on the upper top cap or use a small vape ban with writing/logo to gauge where I'm at. Also helps with the turning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread