kboxmini

Status
Not open for further replies.

petefeet

Sep 18, 2015
fife,Scotland, uk
Hi there.have been through 3 kbox mini's as they keep leaking.vaping shop finally swapped it for the sub nano to which is also leaking,when firing it up goes really hot,spits ejuice out the top along with vapour,and also vapour coming out airflow when fired up without puffing on it.using good quality vg, coils brand new,any suggestions????

Reactions: David Wolf

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
By Kbox mini I am assuming you are referring to the Kanger Subtank Mini? The Subtank nano is a larger version of the same.

Two issues I have experienced with Subtank leakage out the air flow are 1. The coil is not firmly seated in the bottom part of the tank. It could also be that the o ring is missing from the bottom of the coil head where it screws into the bottom of the tank. 2. I have had leakage when a coil is gunked up.

As to spitting I have only experienced this when the coil is flooded. With a totally different tank the fix was to turn everything upside down and take a medium hit/draw off it. This keeps the juice below the wick holes and vaporizes the extra juice. I honestly haven't had the issue with the Subtanks.

It would help if you could tell us what resistance the coil is in the tank and what power you are using.

The rule of thumb for EVERY vape device you'll ever own is the same. Start low power, take a draw and bump it up to repeat. If it starts to taste funny, gets too hot or tastes burnt, back it down.

Good luck in your vape journey.

petefeet

Sep 18, 2015
fife,Scotland, uk
By Kbox mini I am assuming you are referring to the Kanger Subtank Mini? The Subtank nano is a larger version of the same.

Two issues I have experienced with Subtank leakage out the air flow are 1. The coil is not firmly seated in the bottom part of the tank. It could also be that the o ring is missing from the bottom of the coil head where it screws into the bottom of the tank. 2. I have had leakage when a coil is gunked up.

As to spitting I have only experienced this when the coil is flooded. With a totally different tank the fix was to turn everything upside down and take a medium hit/draw off it. This keeps the juice below the wick holes and vaporizes the extra juice. I honestly haven't had the issue with the Subtanks.

It would help if you could tell us what resistance the coil is in the tank and what power you are using.

The rule of thumb for EVERY vape device you'll ever own is the same. Start low power, take a draw and bump it up to repeat. If it starts to taste funny, gets too hot or tastes burnt, back it down.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
In my experience 30 watts is a little warm for those coils, or would be for me, as I usually vape at 25 watts with the .5 ohm coils. The new vertical coils are rated higher I believe (I rarely use the factory coils in my subtanks anymore).

The only advice I can think of is to take the coil out and make certain the oring is on the bottom of the coil head, make certain the bottom part of the tank where the air holes are is clean (qtip, paper towel). If the coil is already "wet" you won't need to prime it again. Just make sure it's firmly seated in the bottom (finger tight, not wrench tight). Turn the power down to 20 watts and take a hit, bump it up a little and try again. If you have a flooded coil and too much power it will spit.

Good luck.

Pfgriffin3

Sep 18, 2015

Good advice bro

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Two issues I have experienced with Subtank leakage out the air flow are 1. The coil is not firmly seated in the bottom part of the tank. It could also be that the o-ring is missing from the bottom of the coil head where it screws into the bottom of the tank. 2. I have had leakage when a coil is gunked up.
I had an issue where the o-ring was upside down. It was really aggravating as I looked and it was there, finally disassembled and that was when I realised it was upside down. Gray moment showing through.

petefeet

Sep 18, 2015
fife,Scotland, uk
Yeah there real,checked kanger website.tanks are the new design that came out a few months ago.like I said.my mini works fine,it's the wife that's had all the problems with mini and pink nano lol.theres lot of people reporting leakage.if anyone has whatsapp ill send the short clip of what the nano was doing.cheers

Reactions: David Wolf

Pyynö

Sep 9, 2015
I've been using a Subtank Mini (part of the Subox kit) and I have found out that the o-ring from a coil can come off quite easily and end up stuck in the base of the tank.

I had been using the 0.5 OCC and after that there was a leak when I was using the RBA. I had been wondering why the base and the coil both have o-rings... But then I realized the 0.5 OCC was missing the o-ring...

subtank_mini.jpeg

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Hi there.have been through 3 kbox mini's as they keep leaking.vaping shop finally swapped it for the sub nano to which is also leaking,when firing it up goes really hot,spits ejuice out the top along with vapour,and also vapour coming out airflow when fired up without puffing on it.using good quality vg, coils brand new,any suggestions????
  • I've had leaking out of the air hole as well, vaping at lower power 12 to 14w, thinner high pg juice. If you fire without puffing you can expect vapor to come out of both the drip tip AND the airflow holes - it's an open path to both and if you don't puff well some will come out the bottom air holes too :D

petefeet

Sep 18, 2015
fife,Scotland, uk
Exchange yours with your wife. Maybe it's about usage or storage? See if you can reproduce it.

If you can, check the O-rings. If they are OK i would switch to another product.
Had it at the shop (nano) checked it over cleaned it out.replaced coil for free,also 30ml of oil free.still leaking lol.

HardCoil

Unresolved Status
Aug 22, 2015
Malaysia
Had it at the shop (nano) checked it over cleaned it out.replaced coil for free,also 30ml of oil free.still leaking lol.

+60132444914
Hey, add me on whatsapp. Subox was my first and i maxed it out before i upgraded. I am really interested to have a look at whats the problem.

I had experienced leakages even tho the coils have all the orings but i resolved the issue. I just changed the OCC, some OCC are duds. Some has no rubber orings on the top so it floods from there. Sometimes it is your pyrex glass as well, sometimes with bad luck the pyrex is not tight enough so actually when u screw down the tank it feels and seems its tight when its not so your chimney is not fitted properly over the occ head. Heance flooding. The spitting i will have to agree on the others on the flooded coils. Hi heat flooded coils will spit.
Sometimes although vape stores gives FREE coils away you dont know how long was those coils? And what condition are those, who knows he kept a dud or lots of spares? It might also be the positive 510 pin being longer, this would be pretty rare, a friend of mine got unlucky, his subox the 510 was a factory defect and got a new one. His 510 is slightly longer so the coils doesnt screw down completely hence leakages.. Again...

Subox mini is popular with its leaking stories.. But i experienced leakages with mine only once...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread