Lady pipe with penstyle ats w/ manual switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Russell Fell

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2008
Florida
Manufacturers should look into the idea of cutting the screw part for the battery so it's shorter and have the manual switch attachable with the pen atts (think kiss box or yang's pen switch). it wouldn't be akward to hold and press the switch and it would get rid of the auto switch issue of dying, thus forcing one to buy a new kit. plus it doesn't negate the overall small size of the thing. if anything, it would be maybe a third of an inch longer if the cut was made small enough from the screw to the battery case for the manual switch to be attached. just an idea.

Dr. Russell Fell

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2008
Florida
That's a great idea Russell, I really do want a manual button on my pipe, but it might be easier for the factory to just straight wire the internals of the pipe and rig the cap with a little button to make connection with the battery when you press it.

well that'd be the beauty: you wouldn't need to make major changes or adjustments. the only change that would be needed is the female/male connector for the pipe body to be shorter and to fit the switch and that's it. everything else would remain the same.

Silk

Dec 11, 2008
Romford UK
I have been thinking exactly the same thing!

I have a mini pipe, and I am a long time pipe smoker and still have quite a lot of them, a few of which (like the falcon) are designed for interchangability of parts. (None of which I am prepared to sacrifice in the name of science).

I've been looking at the swan neck and thinking - "if that was a little shorter you could move the switch out of the bowl and into a removable collar" However I was thinking along the lines of a female thread to the neck (like the evo atom to battery connection) and male to pen atomiser connection.

On that collar you could even have the option of manual or auto switches. To which it would then become a consumable and easily replaced, and this way the bowl would become purely a battery holder which would be unlikley ever to fail.

A forward thinking manufacturer could start creating a variety of bowls to suit the e-pipe smoker. Cheap ones for the masses, and quality for designes and styles for those of us that were real pipe smokers and want our briars, meershums and applewoods.

With a little thought I reckon you could even work options on aftermarket mouthpieces that could replace the standard ones on pen style carts. Its only a matter of the recess being able to acept the cart plug - from there it could be long, short or even bent, which combined with a bowl and acute angled swan neck woud become a standard bent pipe.

(Straight pipes are great for day to day smoking, but bents are better when you are working/smoking hands free)

Like you say Russel - a manual switch there would be easy to operate, and many pipe smokers tend to hold the pipe around the base of thew bowl with thumb on collar anyway for safety.

Vince1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Down South, USA.
well that'd be the beauty: you wouldn't need to make major changes or adjustments. the only change that would be needed is the female/male connector for the pipe body to be shorter and to fit the switch and that's it. everything else would remain the same.

Well, you would still have to remove the vacuum switch and straight wire the internal connections to put constant voltage to the atomizer/switch connection. Maybe add some spacer washers to set the switch to right,left, up or down when screwed on. If they make one I'd buy it. I may have to try this idea when my vacuum switch quits. It may be a little long using the existing body but it would work.

Silk

Dec 11, 2008
Romford UK
I think Dr Russell's idea (and mine - if we're thinking of the same thing) followed more along this line (see below). And the idea is more aimed at product manufacture than a mod. The beauty being your bowl really becomes just a battery holder and should last a lifetime. With switches like atomisers becoming a consumable. I woudl still like both switches - Manual switches for sit back and vape, & auto switches for hands free vaping- working on the bike/in the garden.

If you take this to the next step - From here you could run to any type of bowl - alternate sizes for a better battery size. With cheap plastic style ones for the masses, running to higher quality woods and styles for the pipe smokers that just like to hold a decent bowl. You could even angle the swan neck (barrel where it meets the bowl) to give a bent - just needing the cart holder (mouthpiece) to be alternately curved to give a semi or full bent pipe.

Sorry its just a quick knock up sketch - I threw it together the other night trying to explain it to someone else. I have more detailed one's on paper, just not got round to doing them properly on the PC yet.

Attachments

• mini_pipe_mk2.jpg
    mini_pipe_mk2.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread