Last day to purchase...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HippieHermit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Vaporland
I don't know if this has been discussed here yet, but I have to ask...
Does anyone know the deadline for being able to buy vaping stuff? My favorite shops are low or out of everything (Grr!) Maybe the vape ban is still in the discussion stage and not set to actually take place yet?? I dunno, but the run on everything is making me nervous and I don't want to miss the boat!
(I apologize if this topic has been addressed and I missed it!)

StereoDreamer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Columbia MD
If the FDA puts their deeming regulation into effect in March or April, it will almost IMMEDIATELY be challenged in the courts, and most likely will have a "stay order" put against it until the case is heard, which could keep things "business as usual" for another 6 months to a year.

If no lawsuits or stays are filed against FDA, it will STILL take them MONTHS to get their bureaucracy geared up to actully DO anything about it, so it depends on how brave vendors are--will they just immediately obey any proclamations the FDA puts out, or will they continue to do business until they are threatened by the FDA? Who knows?...

Should you horde gear and juice? That is your decision. If you have the money and the storage space, and a spare freezer, then knock yourself out. If nothing happens, you've got a good stockpile and will save money in the long run!

You might consider putting your energy toward contacting your elected representatives--State and Federal--and letting them know that if they allow FDA to shut down the E-cigarette and e-liquid market in the US, yo will make it your job to see that they are on the unemployment line come next election... ;-)

HippieHermit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Vaporland
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it! I have been bugging the "powers that be", letting them know e-cigs have been helpful to me and I'm now a non-smoker because of them. I've been polite, but perhaps I should be a little more aggressive in my correspondence with them! I sign every petition I come across and pass them along to vaping friends so they can get involved and their voices can be heard, too. I just know where a ban on vaping would take me and I'd do anything to prevent that! I have much more time than $$$ and a few minutes to write a letter could mean a lifetime of vaping...not just for myself, but many others, as well! Happy vaping!!

StereoDreamer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Columbia MD
I just know where a ban on vaping would take me and I'd do anything to prevent that!

And where would that be? Back to cigarettes? Why would you do that? Wouldn't it just be better to stockpile nic and juice, and if an all-out ban DOES go into effect, to just slowly wean yourself off nicotine with our stockpiled supplies. That way you wouldn't need vaping, and you wouldn't be playing into the hands o the FDA, Big Pharma, Big Tobacco, and the people who are REALLY pulling the strings in our society.

Winning against the FDA, and keeping vaping like it currently is would be great--we all enjoy this as a hobby, and as a lifestyle.

But is the consumption of nicotine REALLY more important to you that being enslaved by a global cabal of insane socioapths who WANT you to be under their control? I mean really?

If we are faced with an all-out ban on vaping, like the FDA seems to want, I would be stockpiling DIY supplies, and then would start weaning myself down to Zero-nic juices over the next few months, while AGGRESSIVELY doing everything I could legally to get such a decision reversed--because I ENJOY the hobby. But I am not so addicted to vaping or to nicotine that I would EVER go back to cigarettes.

I would miss vaping. I enjoy the gadgets, and the DIY, and the flavors, and yes, I enjoy the effects that nicotine has on my body and mind. If I'm going to give up vaping I would prefer it to be on my own terms, and as a result of MY OWN DECISIONS. But we need to be realistic about this. The "powers that be" see Vaping as a threat--not because of money or profits, or health or safety.

They see it as a threat because it has created a culture of individuality--a culture where people make their own decisions, question "authority", and are taking their own initiative and creating new businesses, new industries,and entirely new economies. THAT is what is the real "threat" of vaping--it is showing people that we DO NOT have to play by THEIR rules, and that we can create a world that is patterned after our own individual desires, wishes and dreams.

To go back to Cigarettes is to admit defeat, and to admit that I do not have control over my own mind, body, and soul. And THAT is a "victory" I am not willing to give someone else.

Because THAT is ultimately what this is all about. It's not about "nicotine replacement therapy" or not supporting Big Pharma or Big Tobacco, or even about the taxes or the profits. It's about CONTROL, and our ability as individuals to control how we live our lives...

Last edited:

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
There is NO deadline date. We don't even know WHAT the FDA will propose for regulations IF they do issue a deeming order and we don't know when those proposals will come out for certain. But even after the proposal comes out there is a process that has to take place before any new regulations would go into effect.

This is not the first time the FDA has given us a time frame for proposing to issue a deeming order and regulations. In the past those dates have come and gone without anything proposed. They did issue an "Intent to Issue" this time but they are not bound to stick to that time frame. IF they do stick to that Intent and publish their proposal to issue the deeming order and regulations sometimes before the end of April in the Federal Register there will then be a public comment time frame that could last from between a month to several months, We won't know how long until it happens. After that the FDA has to at least pretend to consider all the comments before making their final decision as to if they go ahead and issue the deeming order and regulations as they had proposed OR make changes OR simply do nothing. That part of the process can take as long as the FDA wishes as there is no set time frame they have to work within. If they chose to do nothing they wont tell us, we will just hang in limbo.

The Chinese New Year is coming very soon. During that time all the vendors in China will go on holiday and there will be no shipments from China until they go back to work. Every year our vendors inventory gets low and we wait for several weeks before they stock up again. With people buying stuff in fear of the FDA's regulations I do suspect this year will be even worse then past years. BUT by the end of Feb vendors will have shipments from China again. Just have to be patient. :)

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
What's the best way to store e liquid? Large amounts and small? What effect does sunlight have on the juice?

i believe the consensus is you can store it for about 2 years in the freezer....im not at the point yet, but pretty soon i plan to hoard large amounts of highly concentrated nic in my freezer...

Bosco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
San Antonio
In my opinion, there is no need to horde gear. PV's, in essence, are very simple devices. In the very unlikely event the FDA would ban vaping gear - Radio Shack would see a big run on project boxes and mini-flashlights, lol.

I am expecting some controls and taxes to be put around nic juice - but not a total ban. So . .if you are a huge fan of ,say, Boba's Bounty or some other commercially available juice - it might make sense to stock up a bit because those products may go away or get more expensive. Similarly, buying some unflavored nic base might make sense because I will actually be surprised if we can keep buying 100mg strength nic.

On the other hand, if they completely eliminate our ability to buy nic - "over the counter" - then there will be an issue with nic patches and commit lozenges, etc. They might need to become prescription products. Instead, I see a limit on the strenght available. And . .of course . .taxes taxes taxes.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Last edited:

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
This is what you're looking for...
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-library/134842-long-term-storage-e-liquid.html

Also, sunlight destroys nicotine, albeit quite slowly...
Nicotine concentration over time

DC, you have a way of cutting right to the heart of issues. Don't you ever change.

I just refuse to accept that the FDA is gonna win. CASAA has beaten them back before, and they were not the organization then that they are now. They managed to set some cash in the bank at the moment. CASAA is ready. We need to do our part to help. Donate, attend meetings, volunteer. When we join up, we can be a very powerful force. Do your part to convert analog users every chance you get. The more vapers there are, the better our chances are of being heard. I personally see taxes increasing on juice, and not too much else. How can they ban ecigs which are less dangerous than analogs? They can try, but unless we give up, they can be beaten....again.

This is not to say that some basic precautions are not in order. The deeming could hinder supply. Pick a device and stock up. I have a plan to have about 25 clearos and 150 replacement coils on hand. I used to ditch my coils after a week, now I set them aside. These will be a second emergency supply in case of the worst. I also plan to bolster my juice stocks, but not too much, cause that is a perishable item. When you have reserves, the threat is much less menacing.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
DC, you have a way of cutting right to the heart of issues. Don't you ever change.
Thanks for noticing.
:)

When I run meetings they take 20 minutes.
When other people run meetings they take about an hour.

And when my meetings are over, everybody knows what they are supposed to do.
And when other people run meetings, nobody knows what the hell happened.
:D

I've always been this way, so I'm sure it won't be changing anytime soon.
;)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
If they were smart they'd just tax it to death. There's lots of potential money as big tobacco gets into the market. Why kill a cash cow when you can share 10 percent of the total? As people quit smoking, many will become vapers. A transition in taxable commodities makes more sense. The government needs money. I see that every day on the news.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
My favorite shops are low or out of everything (Grr!)

Yepper, it's tough to find ammo anywhere nowadays! Oh, wait... got my forums mixed up.
BigGrin-1.gif

HippieHermit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Vaporland
StereoDreamer, you're absolutely right! I'm stronger than that (I just have weak moments!) I REFUSE to let "them" win! I'm willing to spend money on vaping supplies but Big Tobacco has seen their last dime from me. Even if vaping is taxed higher than tobacco, I'll pay the higher price and still vape. Meanwhile...stocking up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread