RDA Leak proof RDA's. (Top airflow?) Where are they!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vernSL

Jan 11, 2015
Boston, MA, USA
My Aeolus is amazing, new favorite rda. It comes with a thicker o-ring for the airflow ring which makes it much more secure. And they sell a spare o-ring kit on their site for $1 that has thicker o-ring to make everything else more secure. The tube fits very snug on mine, and the top cap is a bit more loose. Which is perfect for me, makes it much easier to rejuice. Highly recommended, I got mine for about $65 shipped.

reogrand

Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Sarasota, FL
The veritas is pretty much leak proof, unless you way overfill it, or you turn it upside down. I haven't seen the rogue before, interesting, let us know how it works for you.

Spot on and I'm a Veritas fan. It will leak if you really overdo it, but it is the only RDA I pocket daily and I use a box from DogMods. If you put the air hole "up" so that when you sit down it is pointing up and away from you it really rarely leaks.

I have a Rogue and that is number 2 as far as no leaks go for me, but the vape is different. It can be overfilled more easily and gets spitty through the top air holes, but it's an atty I really enjoy. Both are good for pocketing but you will get some leaks always with a RDA it's just the way it is. Some just leak less than others.

Number 3 and likely the best all round atty is the Origen V2, another one that is good for the pocket if built and filled properly. Can't go wrong there.

You will dig the Rogue and it will do the job for you, enjoy it!

On the uber leaky side, the Hobo v2.1 I adore, but you just touch that thing and its a juicy mess.

Insomaniac10

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2012
Boston
Good luck with that. If you can't get air flow directed at and across the coil all you are gonna get is hot/harsh with minimal vapor.

Why not something with an AFC ring you can close? Like a Zenith.

ohh, didnt think of that, an AFC ring that fully closes off LOL FACEPALM MOMENT, I can just use some of the RDA's I already have and just close them off after im done vaping them ROFL. :laugh: o well i still have a rogue RDA on the way LOL

That Manta up there looks pretty sweet tho, a dedicated single coil RDA i might check that out.

I know I'm a couple weeks late to this party, but i just wanted to offer my two cents. Do not put all of your non-leaking eggs into the AFC ring basket. I am currently running a Dark Horse RDA which has an AFC ring. The ring will not create a vacuum when completely closed off - and as a result, condensation (and potential overdripping, or unvaped juice), will find it's way through the ring eventually. You can take my word for it, as it is what brought me to your thread haha.

Last edited:

Sexy Syndra

Nov 30, 2014
USA
I don't normally get excited about new RDAs, but I'm zeroed in on everything Aeolus after the glowing reviews by Ripp and Grimm. Just a matter of whether to shell out the cash now, or wait for a 1:1 clone.

I picked one up not too long ago. Best RDA I've ever used! I've always had problems with leaking (using the hobo v2 and mutation X v1/2/3). It's so nice being able to drip a metric crap-ton of juice and have NO liquid come up into my mouth! Not to mention the flavor on it is insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread