Let's talk about the Vmod! Calling all Vmodders and those interested in the Vmod!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wabbit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2011
Northern California
I found that I had an old 2 AA battery box lying around in the misc box. I left in the springs but removed the metal plates for the positive side and it makes a simple little holder for a spare 14500 and a spare juice bottle for a Vmod2. MadVapes sells them for $1.50 and they are even cheaper at electronics parts places. The cover snaps into place and the springs keep the spare battery and juice bottle from moving around too much.

Commie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Michigan
I found that I had an old 2 AA battery box lying around in the misc box. I left in the springs but removed the metal plates for the positive side and it makes a simple little holder for a spare 14500 and a spare juice bottle for a Vmod2. MadVapes sells them for $1.50 and they are even cheaper at electronics parts places. The cover snaps into place and the springs keep the spare battery and juice bottle from moving around too much.

RTDVapor sells 14500 battery carriers that fit 2 or 4 batteries. I found it very useful to throw a 4 battery holder in my pocket, with 2 batteries, bottle of juice, and spare carto/atty. They were under 2 bucks last I looked.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
I got a v.2 Vmod with the 50% FB coupon...and have lots of bottles for the XL and got some spares for the v.2 when I ordered. Was so surprised to see the sale today! Time to stock up! I presently have 5 slant coil hybrid atties from Vapage and have 2 more on order. Now to figure out how to use them right! lol!! Lots of super shorty cartos...but will be picking up more soon as they are back in stock.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
I just found a coupon code for 50% off everything. It works only one time so make sure you have everything you want in one order. I can confirm that this does indeed work. Code is VAPE4825. Happy shopping

Yep! I used that to order a v.2 Vmod a la carte, some slant coils and some spare bottles for the v.2 size. I already have 2 packs of O rings...so didn't need those this time. Love those sales!

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
Bit of background. While most of the vaping people that post here at ECF seem to romance the uber low resistance-throat ripping-fire in your mouth atomizers and such, I am not among them. At. All. When using an unregulated mod I choose 2ohm NO lower. Ever. I prefer a cooler vape. Hello...I vape menthol! I hate a hot hit. I can tell instantly when a cartomizer is not "calibrated" correctly and is a dangerously yucky 1.8ohm instead of the expected 2ohm. Even 1.9 ohm tries my tolerance and patience! I know. I ALWAYS know.

Okay..now to the present. To my delight I've finally mastered the shifu slant coil hybrid atomizer by Vapage. And I love love love them! Not going to say I "hate" cartomizers like the Silos (I don't!)...but the shifus are just so sweet on the Vmod...and last so long...it's just great I can finally enjoy them! I've been puffing happily away on a 2ohm slant coil on my XL for days now. Last night I put it down when I turned off the light to sleep. Woke up in the wee hours to give hubby his meds...and took a puff. Like FIRE! HOT HOT HOT! Searing pain at the back of my throat! What in the world??? That atomizer was just fine when I went to sleep? What happened?

I got out my VV Gripper and thought I'd check the ohms. lol! Now that was funny..but bear with me. Okay so my VV Gripper informs me that the atomizer that had vaped fine mere hours earlier was now a deadly 1.4 ohms!!!!! WHAT?? :shock:How could that be???
I put another shifu atomizer in...one I knew ran hot...to see what it said. 1.9ohms Hello?? What??

But I was determined. So I took my now "1.4 ohm" shifu and put it in a half carto condom and filled 'er up with my juice. I was going to MAKE it get better, dammit! I let it sit awhile. Probably 10 minutes or so. Poured of the excess, put it back on my Vmod XL and primed and gave it a try.

It was fine. Just fine. Tasted just like it had for days previously...and cooler than the one I knew ran hot (it's an older, more abused one). Go figure.

I think maybe because the Vapage cartomizers and atomizers have a little gasket type rubber (plastic?) thingy on the connector that it throws off the ohm checker on something like the VV Gripper. Make sense? Apparently the atomizer had just gotten way too dry...and I hadn't squonked enough to prime it when I woke up.

Just thought I'd share my little adventure.

bryce704

Verified Member
Mar 20, 2013
Lambertville
I'm glad to see that you like the atomizer now!!! I got like 14 of them now, only had one break one I decided to poke at the coil for some reason. Love em so much. One thing I like to do is flood the atomizer before I go to bed and just leave it sit. When I wake it the atomizer is soaking wet and full of flavor. These atomizers are much better than more expensive ones I bought at the home of the cisco. They last longer too. I should be good on atomizers for years haha.

Widowmaker_

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2013
Philly
Gotta love those slant coils at 1/2 price. Try laying the Vmod on it's side if you plan to set it down for a while. The slant coil atties go dry if the Vmod sits standing upright for any length of time. The Cisco lr306's don't go dry nearly as easy the slant coils, that's one reason why I prefer the Ciscos a little more when both atties are at the same price but at 50% off the slanties are a helluva deal.
Bit of background. While most of the vaping people that post here at ECF seem to romance the uber low resistance-throat ripping-fire in your mouth atomizers and such, I am not among them. At. All. When using an unregulated mod I choose 2ohm NO lower. Ever. I prefer a cooler vape. Hello...I vape menthol! I hate a hot hit. I can tell instantly when a cartomizer is not "calibrated" correctly and is a dangerously yucky 1.8ohm instead of the expected 2ohm. Even 1.9 ohm tries my tolerance and patience! I know. I ALWAYS know.

Okay..now to the present. To my delight I've finally mastered the shifu slant coil hybrid atomizer by Vapage. And I love love love them! Not going to say I "hate" cartomizers like the Silos (I don't!)...but the shifus are just so sweet on the Vmod...and last so long...it's just great I can finally enjoy them! I've been puffing happily away on a 2ohm slant coil on my XL for days now. Last night I put it down when I turned off the light to sleep. Woke up in the wee hours to give hubby his meds...and took a puff. Like FIRE! HOT HOT HOT! Searing pain at the back of my throat! What in the world??? That atomizer was just fine when I went to sleep? What happened?

I got out my VV Gripper and thought I'd check the ohms. lol! Now that was funny..but bear with me. Okay so my VV Gripper informs me that the atomizer that had vaped fine mere hours earlier was now a deadly 1.4 ohms!!!!! WHAT?? :shock:How could that be???
I put another shifu atomizer in...one I knew ran hot...to see what it said. 1.9ohms Hello?? What??

But I was determined. So I took my now "1.4 ohm" shifu and put it in a half carto condom and filled 'er up with my juice. I was going to MAKE it get better, dammit! I let it sit awhile. Probably 10 minutes or so. Poured of the excess, put it back on my Vmod XL and primed and gave it a try.

It was fine. Just fine. Tasted just like it had for days previously...and cooler than the one I knew ran hot (it's an older, more abused one). Go figure.

I think maybe because the Vapage cartomizers and atomizers have a little gasket type rubber (plastic?) thingy on the connector that it throws off the ohm checker on something like the VV Gripper. Make sense? Apparently the atomizer had just gotten way too dry...and I hadn't squonked enough to prime it when I woke up.

Just thought I'd share my little adventure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread