Let's talk about the Vmod! Calling all Vmodders and those interested in the Vmod!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarf-ace

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I can share one tip I have discovered is helpful with the Vmod...Those unpleasant hot-juice-in-mouth moments that occasionally happen when you over-squonk (regardless of whether you use atties or cartos) can be mitigated, if not eliminated, by using a "knucklehead" rotatable ball-bearing drip tip. Just keep it flexed at an angle and you need't worry about burning your tongue. :)

(Also works with a Reo)

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
I'm trying the knucklehead out. Can't say much for the aesthetics...looks kinda clunky compared to how sleek the Vmod usually looks with a regular tip...but got to admit that not getting hot spits in the mouth is worthy trade off!

It's not bad looking with the black and the burel shells on the Vmod. I expect it's just a matter of getting used to how it looks. After awhile, anything else will probably look weird! Funny how the mind works.....lol!

scarf-ace

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
You are quite right, fourthrok... I showed my Vmod to a fellow vaper I met and the first thing he did was point at the drip tip and say, "Is that broken?" :lol:

As you say, only you can decide if the ugliness is worth the lack of a burnt tongue.

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
So my Vmod finally arrived a couple of days ago ...YAY :D

Took it apart the day of arrival and gave it a good wash and left to air dry.

Couldn't have a play with it yesterday, cos I ended up doing a 14 hour shift at work and came home shattered (the joys of being a bus driver :offtopic:)

Anyway today, gave all the parts a wipe over, 3/4 filled the bottle, inserted a fully charged battery and the supplied carto and sat down for an afternoons vaping watching the Monaco Grand Prix - my idea of heaven :wub:
Did a bit of squonking and took a hit. Really disappointed - not much vapour, really tight draw, but quite a bit of flavour. Kept on trying and it didn't get any better, ended up flooding the carto and inhaling neat juice :oops:

Decided to clean things out and try again, still no luck, very little vapour and tight draw. So I took off the driptip to see what was happening. Hardly any vapour coming from the coil and loads of gurgling.

Left it for an hour and used my back-up ego/nova set up. Then I popped in the AMG atty, all I can say is WOW. The difference is like night and day. I'm totally and utterly in love with the atty set up. Huge vapour clouds, loads of flavour, nice light draw, no juice taste - PERFECT :thumbs: I think I've just discovered my favourite ever device. I can even take double or triple hits with no loss of flavour or dry hits, I'm surrounded by a cloud of vapour.

I've just got to find a UK vendor now for the AMG attys and my life will be complete :laugh:

Thanks again to everyone on this and other threads for persuading me to try a bottom feeder.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
Here's a picture of my burl shell Vmod XL with the knucklehead. When I have the 35mm super shorties (which happens whether you expect it or not..the normal super shorty ones are 38mm) the cone won't fit with the knucklehead, so I used a plain eGo straight sided cone and a couple of rubber bands (any sort of gasket would do. It's just that the eGo cone won't screw down far enough to secure the shell to the chimney firmly, and you just need something in the little gap to fill it in. Tiny rubber bands work great, but anything the right diameter and thickness would work)
Vmod_knuckleheadedited.jpg

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
Interesting, does the vmod work with a little pump? I was assuming from the initial description that you were actually squeezing the bottle. I was trying to figure out a decent feed as it seems like all of the tanks out there have major issues and of course carts are a pain, so I'm still dripping.

With the Vmod you squeeze (or "squonk") a bottle that is on-board inside the chassis/shell. There is no tube feed like a Windex bottle..but you can mod your Vmod to have such a feed system if you want. Otherwise, you simply tip the Vmod a bit and lightly squeeze the bottle to feed the juice to the atomizer. It takes a little bit (a few tries anyway) to get the hang of it...but then it's really easy and efficient. Any time you need more juice..squonk and go. No leaking or anything. Toss it in your pocket or bag and no worries.

Commie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Michigan
Interesting, does the vmod work with a little pump? I was assuming from the initial description that you were actually squeezing the bottle. I was trying to figure out a decent feed as it seems like all of the tanks out there have major issues and of course carts are a pain, so I'm still dripping.

To feed VMod, you have to turn it upside down and give it a little squeeze. Or you can convert it for vertical feeding. The process is described in my blog.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
You don't have to turn it all the way upside down. Just tilt it is fine. You CAN turn it all the way upside down if you want to...but don't have to do that all the time (I never do, really..I just tilt) Juice is kept in a little inner chamber and feeds into the atty from there when you squonk the bottle.

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
Vapage sale - 50% off entire cart use code "Vape4825". I just tried it and the code works but I don't know for how long. Time to stock up on some slant coil atties

Thanks for the code Widowmaker, as soon as I saw your post I jumped straight on the site and put my order in.

Saved just over $50. Ordered some hybrid atties, replacement seals and a shiny blue cover :D

As I have to pay Import Vat for any orders over about $22 (as well as an extra handling charge of $12 from Royal Mail), the discount more than makes up for this.

I was going to use my Vmod only occassionally, cos I only have the one decent atty, now I can vape like a madman :2cool:

So thanks again for the heads-up.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
I spring for a black V.2 little guy. I'm crazy I know. I also got a couple of the 2ohm slant coils. Not that I've figured out a happy way to use them yet. But I wanted free shipping and with a pack of bottles I was able to get it with the Vmod.

Not terribly original but here's my idea for a tee-shirt or bumper sticker (Just trying to think of things now)
I (heart) bottom feeders!

Yeah. Well. It's a start. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread