listing side by side mods

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Well my Railbox from eciggity is coming today it looks like. I might purchase more if I like this one. vape.Tools still sells this one for 319 € ($364.58). Although they also have a Railbox v1.5 for 198.50 € ($226.90). Besides new colors, carbon fiber panels, SS drip tip holder, and a DNA40 large screen, I have no idea.

• Winner
Reactions: DPLongo22

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Well my Railbox from eciggity is coming today it looks like. I might purchase more if I like this one. vape.Tools still sells this one for 319 € ($364.58). Although they also have a Railbox v1.5 for 198.50 € ($226.90). Besides new colors, carbon fiber panels, SS drip tip holder, and a DNA40 large screen, I have no idea.

Weird that the newer ones would be less, unless it's an inventory thing. I think you got the right deal, either way.

Which color did you get?

Reactions: BillW50

Melsaco

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2018
That's odd, it shows as 94 $ for me

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

• Agree
Reactions: DPLongo22

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I got the Black Texalium. If I got another, it would be the silver version.

NICE. I had the silver (would have preferred the black). The silver's VERY nice too though.

The other mod you MAY want to look at is the SunBox one. Very similar to the Railbox, slightly smaller (similar weight). Neither will make you throw away an Xvo or Billet Box, but in their class both are excellent devices. The SunBox one has a locking mechanism on the elevator, which is a nice touch.

I never had any issues with my Railbox (falling elevator), but there were a few comments indicating that it MIGHT be in issue if in heavy use. My instinct says it wouldn't be, but I did like the added security of the lock.

Who knows. Vapers... ;)

Reactions: BillW50

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Ah... well I do love the Railbox, but it has some problems. The first one might be these could have been sitting for 3 years and the rail contacts could use a good cleaning. But a .15 Ni200 coil read .25 and a SS316L .25 coil read .40. But TC was solid so that is good (it only does nickel TC remember).

Airflow sucks. Well it is tight. On a Crown 1 that I barely have opened at all normally I had to open up wide open to get the same vape. Even taking the door off didn't help much. Although the two airflows ended up facing the sides so that probably had a lot to do with that one.

I also like to take starter puffs. That coats the inside around the tank with condensation. Doesn't go by the battery or the screen or anything, just by the rail system.

And lastly, the tank gets unbelievably HOT! Too hot to even grab and unscrew. Nothing else gets hot. Like the box, battery or anything, just the tank.

It isn't as wide as I thought, about the width of a can of Coke. So if you can hold a can with one hand, you can hold this. It is comfortable to hold even being a big box.

It is fun to play with for sure. But you might be better off looking at something else. ;)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
It is fun to play with for sure.

It's funny but that was my exact feeling of the mod. I had a blast playing around with it, but couldn't really find a "place" for it, other than sitting at my desk.

The SunBox Moonraker was bit more portable, but the Xvo kept winning the battles, and kept ending up in my pocket instead of _________ (< feel free to "MadLibs" it). Basically, "everything".

Actually, the Xvo hasn't lost a battle (here) since it first arrived. It its class, and for me, I still think it's the best ever (all things considered). Someone once told me that's subjective though. ;)

Others do travel with me now at times, but when I need that (size, shape, power, etc.) , the Xvo is still my choice.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Just for SGs.

18221542_10212956092047932_4454101968890082190_n.jpg

Iken 2015

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2015
Croatia
Sunbox 0 Nega - so this is what Ive got on the matter so far, will update on more info.
Inbox here for info./buy mod is still available:
Epipe Store Guizza - Sigarette Elettroniche Padova
Material: Nylon PA12
Chip: Dicodes V3
Color: Black
3 units available for sale at the moment.
Box price: 280euro, shipping to Europe/Croatia: 35euro

So I found another source with lots of pictures and diferent color so you can check the pricing and situation here too: (if you talk to the guy please post the pricing here, I have to work now :) ) well they shipp only in italy :( but you can check the pictures or if you go to italy this is the shop to visit.
Smart Federico SmokeVenezia

Last edited:

Mcowan226

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Wow. That divides is pretty. However last week I decided to pull the trigger on an XVO. The very next day, after almost a month of waiting, Igor from IVANT messages me that my 3D DNA60 18350 side by side is ready for oayment and shipping. Sooooo, 280 euros isn’t happening right now. Also, pretty or not, that seems pretty steep for what it is....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RadiusNick

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2017
What I’m really in the market for now is an oxygene vampire v2. They are pictured with so many of these custom side by sides but they just aren’t out there.
lately i discovered there's quit a big scene in Italy of modders manufacturers and a crowed of people that like vaping MTL,
but they're not really known world wide and difficult to discover and understand reviews because of the language barrier.
this atty you're talking about looks interesting and seems to have a really tight draw if desired,
do yo happen to know what's the function of those steel cables?i saw them also in the Taifun BT and i think they're supposed to transfer e-liquid.
this is related to this atty: Phevanda MTL A1 RDTA

i also discovered they're big fans of small MTL RDAs there and saw this one that looks interesting:
'900 by The Vaping Gentlemen Club

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: awsum140

Mcowan226

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
The cables are wicks. That’s what caught my eye. Only unlike the old genies that would use a cable and mesh and wire or just rolled mesh and wire the vampire only uses the cables to wick the liquid up. Then it is set up to take a standard horizontal coil with cotton.

proax9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
Pomona, NY
However last week I decided to pull the trigger on an XVO.

@Mcowan226 - have you heard anything about possible ship date for the XVO. I ordered same day you did. I sent an email through the web site, but never got an answer.

Users who are viewing this thread