listing side by side mods

Mcowan226

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
@Mcowan226 - have you heard anything about possible ship date for the XVO. I ordered same day you did. I sent an email through the web site, but never got an answer.

I screenshot this from the Miniecig site for you. It’s the most recent post. He is planning on shipping the end of January

20ccf1ff107dfc83f06815a3bdadab31.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
@Mcowan226 - have you heard anything about possible ship date for the XVO. I ordered same day you did. I sent an email through the web site, but never got an answer.
I heard at the end of January. But it isn't in stone so it could take longer. I thought ordering was suppose to be only 2 weeks. Maybe there isn't enough orders yet to make production worthwhile.

Mcowan226

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
I heard at the end of January. But it isn't in stone so it could take longer. I thought ordering was suppose to be only 2 weeks. Maybe there isn't enough orders yet to make production worthwhile.

I just sent chels a message. When I asked a question prior to my order he responded within 24 hrs. I’ll let you know what he says.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Does anyone know if they opened a new supplier thread, replacing the old one (now closed)?
Mods by Chels - mini-ecig

They had threads on all the major forums worldwide, and used to regularly update them with each step of the progress (beginning production, pics of mods in line, etc..). I don't see that his previous rep, Eugenia (LittleDonkey) is a member anymore, so I'm not sure what's going on with their forum presence (if anything).

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Does anyone know if they opened a new supplier thread, replacing the old one (now closed)?
Mods by Chels - mini-ecig

They had threads on all the major forums worldwide, and used to regularly update them with each step of the progress (beginning production, pics of mods in line, etc..). I don't see that his previous rep, Eugenia (

LittleDonkey) is a member anymore, so I'm not sure what's going on with their forum presence (if anything).

Say WHAT? We killed the thread??? :ohmy:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
News from chels and a delivery from Slovakia!! It was a pretty good day.
92059910ac96a8f5b3deae6e8514147f.jpg

Very nice! You pleased?

Say WHAT? We killed the thread??? :ohmy:

LOL! Not that it would be unprecedented ;).

Some of the other forum accounts they had went dormant too. Interestingly enough, the old Aussie Vapers Forum thread is still live. I think that FORUM is now dead, but that thread can be posted to. Go figure.

Reactions: Katdarling

Mcowan226

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Very nice! You pleased?

LOL! Not that it would be unprecedented ;).

Some of the other forum accounts they had went dormant too. Interestingly enough, the old Aussie Vapers Forum thread is still live. I think that FORUM is now dead, but that thread can be posted to. Go figure.

With the mod, yes very pleased. With the original siren not so much. The air holes are way too big for my liking.

• Agree
Reactions: DPLongo22

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
With the mod, yes very pleased. With the original siren not so much. The air holes are way too big for my liking.

Yeah - I've got a few of them. They're leakers too. I packed them away...

I'm glad you like the mod though! Atties are easy to find and match. Good mods? Not nearly as easy. Congratulations on the "buy"!

Reactions: Katdarling

Mcowan226

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Yea. It did leak on the first fill. I was surprised I never had any leaking with my siren 2 22mm. Or ever with the ares. Both have similar decks. I assume it’s the screw down top cap and the massive size just creating too much pressure. I’ll probably put my Ammit on it for now, with like the berserker is great so long as you bottom fill it.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Yea. It did leak on the first fill. I was surprised I never had any leaking with my siren 2 22mm. Or ever with the ares. Both have similar decks. I assume it’s the screw down top cap and the massive size just creating too much pressure. I’ll probably put my Ammit on it for now, with like the berserker is great so long as you bottom fill it.

The leaking was freakishly arbitrary for me. It would be fine, then it would DUMP. I haven't had any issues with the Ares so far though. I was actually expecting that I would...

I bet a Doggy would look GREAT on that. Top fill, bottom fill - for me it doesn't matter which. I just want something that vapes great, doesn't leak, and doesn't make me wrestle to prepare.

But like EVERYTHING "vape", these things are personal. Any way is the "correct" way to vape. ;)

Mcowan226

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
I sure like to study these leaks, because I rarely ever see them. About 1% of the coil heads I run into may leak, but the number is so small that doesn't matter.

Coil heads? Are you referring to tanks that take throw away replaceable coils? We are discussing rebuildable tanks. Generally the biggest cause of them leaking is a poor deck design or fill method. If it’s a too fill with a cap that screws down as opposed to sliding in place it creates back pressure that pushes extra liquid through. Sometimes when you open a tank that isn’t empty you break the vacuum that has been created and the liquid will pass through. That’s why I bottom fill the berserker and the ammit.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
The leaking issue is probably my single biggest mystery where vaping is concerned. I'm totally unable to identify any absolute and foolproof way of avoiding it. Once I find the atties that don't, I latch onto them. Doggy is highest on that list (for me). They're great.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Coil heads? Are you referring to tanks that take throw away replaceable coils?
Yes!
We are discussing rebuildable tanks.
Same idea, I use both.
Generally the biggest cause of them leaking is a poor deck design or fill method. If it’s a too fill with a cap that screws down as opposed to sliding in place it creates back pressure that pushes extra liquid through. Sometimes when you open a tank that isn’t empty you break the vacuum that has been created and the liquid will pass through. That’s why I bottom fill the berserker and the ammit.
I dunno about poor deck design. No matter how the design is, you need more or less wicking. And yes, when filling, vacuum and pressure can be a problem. I first thought when they came out with top filling tanks, that would be a huge mistake. Because you have a loss of vacuum and then add pressure on top of it.

But strangely, I found some that does work and they only got better in time. And better yet, never top fill and then walk away from it. You better start vaping on it to regain a vacuum before it could start to leak. If you are not going to vape right away, why did you just fill it then?

And if you are not going to vape it right after a top fill. Just hold it upset down and then tip it right side up again and now your vacuum is back. Just like a bottom fill. And some have a juice flow control adjustment. That also stops the loss of vacuum and pressure from a top fill too until you start vaping on it. Then you must open it some or more anyway.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
The leaking issue is probably my single biggest mystery where vaping is concerned. I'm totally unable to identify any absolute and foolproof way of avoiding it. Once I find the atties that don't, I latch onto them. Doggy is highest on that list (for me). They're great.
How do you vape? I vape both DL and MTL. I don't have this problem with DL vaping, but when MTL vaping, I do starter puffs and that floods the air intake full of vapor that condenses. And after 4ml of juice vaped, if I tip them on the side, all of that condensed vapor pours out of the airflow control (about 0.5ml). You probably know this, but I bet some others think this is a leak when it really isn't.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
How do you vape? I vape both DL and MTL. I don't have this problem with DL vaping, but when MTL vaping, I do starter puffs and that floods the air intake full of vapor that condenses. And after 4ml of juice vaped, if I tip them on the side, all of that condensed vapor pours out of the airflow control (about 0.5ml). You probably know this, but I bet some others think this is a leak when it really isn't.

MTL here. Yeah - I treat my tanks like the gas tank in my car. "Half is empty".

Sometimes a process works, others it fails. I do find that certain tanks don't like to be left for too long with being vaped (which makes sense due to the vacuum).

I don't let it get to me though. I've been at this so long, with so many different toppers, that I'm used to dealing with any variety of things. I just clean up the mess and move on (story of my life, LOL).

;)

Haven't yet burned a single hole into a shirt though, which was a regular occurrence for too many decades. :shock:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Not a shirt ever, moi, but definitely burned thru pants, the outside porch, the shelf in the kitchen, the coffee table, the car visor.... Oh my goooooooooooooodness.

iu

Users who are viewing this thread