listing side by side mods

You mean the Dovpo X Deervape Collab?

if that is what is in the pic above.. the black one and the blue one ... i like the idea of a bigger tank that screws on so less chance of leaking..but dont want to spend my tax refund on it lol... seriously up to $50 or so..less is better but i k ow u get what you pay fot too lol..

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
:wub:

Warlock-BB4-Xvo_20200518_202854.jpg

shan57

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2010
Midwest USA

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Remember to have spares...and spares for the spares. Until you get another mod, can the rpm40 suffice?

Just a thought, hope helps.
yo are right..
i actually needed a spare today.. the new ones battery life isnt as long as the nord so i needed the backup lol.. ill be keeping it.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
It looks nice but I wish SbS modders would all learn the value of placing the fire button on the front. That button placement wouldn't work for me. It's a personal issue though.

Heck yeah!!! :thumbs:

Now THIS, on the other hand...

45 grams (yowza!), under 200 EUR, front button w/Starplat. Oh, mammamia! ;)

Lanciab

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2018
HBcorpse, where can I get the part you put under your Provaris to turn them into SBS ? It's brilliant ! I have some 22mm tubes sleeping ...
And as i'm quite broken actually - partial unemployment, thanks Covid - i would gladly like some FT or cheap stores links.

On an other hand, I can't wait seeing more pics or specs of this Dovpo/Deerhunter mod :)

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
HBcorpse, where can I get the part you put under your Provaris to turn them into SBS ? It's brilliant ! I have some 22mm tubes sleeping ...
And as i'm quite broken actually - partial unemployment, thanks Covid - i would gladly like some FT or cheap stores links.

On an other hand, I can't wait seeing more pics or specs of this Dovpo/Deerhunter mod :)

Sadly that piece was one of the last two the creator made...

Way back when, he tried to bring that idea to market, and nobody seemed to want it.

I did, but couldn’t afford it at the time.

He closed up shop...

Managed to contact him years later, and he was able to find one hiding in his gear box.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
@Noodles11 - I think you're going to be very pleased. The more I hold and use this thing, the more impressed I am with it. Every cut and line is smooth as silk, and it's ridiculously comfortable to hold, fire, and use. Button placement, perfection (for me).

Fully loaded with an 18650 and 5ml Erlkonigin, it weighs in at 172 grams. My BB4, by comparison, is 220.

I hope your experiences are consistent with mine this time, unlike the heartaches you suffered with the Xvo.

My Xvos aren't going anywhere, and will continue to find places, but the Warlock has officially replaced them as my "Preferred O&A" device.

Vaping. It's personal. :cool:

Warlock-Erl_20200522_073219.jpg

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
If anyone's interested (and not tracking the FB site) in the next generation HummingBird SbS, here's are a couple of sneak peak pics. I like it a lot.

According the his FB posts, there will be 18650 and 21700 versions. The battery tube is CF (not a wrap), and I believe they'll still be reasonably priced compared to other mods in that market.

The FB group is named "HummingBird Mod Company (21+)", and I'd be happy to invite anyone who is having difficulty locating it.

Hummingbird-v2_20200523_1144.jpg
Hummingbird-v2_20200523_1145.jpg

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
It's gorgeous ! But with a Dna chip, even if correct, the price will be out of my league

They're DNA60s, Bruno, and I believe they'll be somewhere in the $200'ish range (not sure though). The modder works hard to keep them a fair percentage below the norm, which was one of the reasons he began doing them. The v1's run $150.

I'll be honest. I'm having difficulty giving any business to the traditional providers in the east these days. I'm normally a forgiving person, but the havoc wreaked on all of humanity isn't sitting well with me. I had already ordered a couple of Innokins, and two are still pending delivery, but I'm not sure I'll be ordering anything more from that part of the world for some years to come.

Even with my Amazon products, I'm actively searching for things from other parts of the planet. I fully understand the "parts & production" issues relating to almost all products these days, but I can't control that stuff. What I can control though, I choose to control.

No judgments (on others) for my part - it's a personal decision, but I just can't let this go. Not now, at least.

I also realize that I'm fortunate enough to have stocked a lifetime supply, so I don't need to order anything. Would my position be different if that wasn't the case? In all honesty, yeah - it probably would be different.

I'm SO angry at them though, that I'll happily spend more, or spend nothing, before I feed the monster that caused all this pain.

I hate that it's come to this, but I didn't cause it. We know who did {sigh}.

Apologies for the rant. It just happened.

Users who are viewing this thread