listing side by side mods

mahumnut

Oct 24, 2019
Not the prettiest imo, kinda chunky, but might be affordable, and uses a dna chip plus USB port unlike the Easy
Screenshot-2020-05-14-09-43-58-826-com-facebook-katana.jpg

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Not the prettiest imo, kinda chunky, but might be affordable, and uses a dna chip plus USB port unlike the Easy
Screenshot-2020-05-14-09-43-58-826-com-facebook-katana.jpg

Some (like myself) might find that well to be too shallow, depending on the size atties one uses. I've had a few similar and, for me, it's not really a SbS. For others though, it might work quite well.

Also, I'm betting that's "a" DNA60 chip (similar to the Easy), but not an Evolv version. It's fine, but I'd hate to see folks get it thinking it's an Evolv chip.

USB is useless to me, but I vape low wattage.

mahumnut

Oct 24, 2019
Some (like myself) might find that well to be too shallow, depending on the size atties one uses. I've had a few similar and, for me, it's not really a SbS. For others though, it might work quite well.

Also, I'm betting that's "a" DNA60 chip (similar to the Easy), but not an Evolv version. It's fine, but I'd hate to see folks get it thinking it's an Evolv chip.

USB is useless to me, but I vape low wattage.

I agree that deeper wells are almost always preferable in SBS mods since you can always use spacers to raise the 510 height, but would you consider the Easy a SBS? There aren't any dimensions listed for the well depth, but eyeballing from the pictures it looks similar to the Easy. They are both 81mm tall.

Also, although the proprietary chip model of the Easy has a near-identical display to a DNA chip, Ambition/Sunbox were never ambiguous in there marketing and clearly distinguished their proprietary chip version from the DNA version (which never released to my knowledge). It's hard for me to believe Dovpo would be so underhanded as to list a DNA60-like chip as a "DNA60", although I can see the "limited edition DNA60" version of this mod never actually releasing. We'll see when/if the product page is published.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I agree that deeper wells are almost always preferable in SBS mods since you can always use spacers to raise the 510 height, but would you consider the Easy a SBS? There aren't any dimensions listed for the well depth, but eyeballing from the pictures it looks similar to the Easy. They are both 81mm tall.

Also, although the proprietary chip model of the Easy has a near-identical display to a DNA chip, Ambition/Sunbox were never ambiguous in there marketing and clearly distinguished their proprietary chip version from the DNA version (which never released to my knowledge). It's hard for me to believe Dovpo would be so underhanded as to list a DNA60-like chip as a "DNA60", although I can see the "limited edition DNA60" version of this mod never actually releasing. We'll see when/if the product page is published.

The Easy's well is deeper, although ideally I'd prefer even deeper than that one. I'd much rather add a heat sink than have my atty stick up a ton.

My bad on the chip issue too. Sorry about that. I thought Easy had advertised theirs as DNA60 too, and it's clearly NOT.

My biggest issue with the Easy is a personal one, and it's related to the button placement, and a "lip" very closely above the button. I'm really particular about the buttons on a SbS, and it's not necessarily a "knock". For many, I expect it would be a non-issue.

Heck - I sold off the SunBox ZeroNega2 because of the button, and I LOVED the design of that thing. I just couldn't use it effectively, so it got gone.

Personal, again.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
My biggest issue with the Easy is a personal one, and it's related to the button placement, and a "lip" very closely above the button. I'm really particular about the buttons on a SbS, and it's not necessarily a "knock". For many, I expect it would be a non-issue.

Heck - I sold off the SunBox ZeroNega2 because of the button, and I LOVED the design of that thing. I just couldn't use it effectively, so it got gone.

Personal, again.

How natural it feels to fire and hold gets trickier with these little guys, ruling many of them out for me too. If I have to think about it at all when I'm about to vape it's not going to get much use.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
How natural it feels to fire and hold gets trickier with these little guys, ruling many of them out for me too. If I have to think about it at all when I'm about to vape it's not going to get much use.

EXACTLY!!!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
When the Xvos arrived, so many moons ago now, we quickly realized that the thing we feared most (the button) would end being the thing that made it uniquely awesome.

We could grab it from almost any position, and it would be ready to fire. With either hand too.

So now, I'm spoiled.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

Well, I'll be dayumed. It looked a lot closer to one of those Wismecs to me, but I guess it's a trick of the light.

I can't say that I used the Easy a ton before selling it off, so I probably could have checked it more closely (if I had cared to).

Waiting on UPS here (L'Warlock). Little truck is close!!! "Here, little trucky, trucky!!!" :D:D:D:D:D

upload_2020-5-18_15-35-11.png

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Well, I'll be dayumed. It looked a lot closer to one of those Wismecs to me, but I guess it's a trick of the light.

I can't say that I used the Easy a ton before selling it off, so I probably could have checked it more closely (if I had cared to).

Waiting on UPS here (L'Warlock). Little truck is close!!! "Here, little trucky, trucky!!!" :D:D:D:D:D

View attachment 885949
wpot.jpg

Expecting pics, paweez. :D

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
i currently have a smok rpm 40 but use to have a smok mini helmet and liked the adjustable air flow, but not the messy changing of the coils. any suggestions on a decent device with adjustable air flow that wont cost me a fortune? tia (not into building one)
Hi Donna. :)

You will very likely get many replies if you started a thread here Tanks, clearomizers and drop-in coils .

Just a friendly thought. :D

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
View attachment 885955
Expecting pics, paweez. :D

LOL! Nice, and PERFECT. He's up the street. I'm SO tempted to run up to the truck...(but I will refrain). ;)

I saw a pic on FB yesterday, with a Rev4 Billet Box. It looks to be almost the exact same size as the Xvo, with maybe even a slightly deeper well. If so, it will be perfect for me.

Fingers crossed, and heatsink ready.

Reactions: BillW50

Users who are viewing this thread