listing side by side mods

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
At a glance it looks to me like a mix of modern with a nod to the past...
Lotus_01.jpg

D3ZMsaYXoAUJ8ti

A wingback commode!

THAT is absolutely HILARIOUS!!!

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
THAT is absolutely HILARIOUS!!!
It's been like an earworm ever since I saw the first preview picture. If they made it in white my head would explode.

Different strokes for different folks. I'm sure it's looks great to some of us. Much of what I like would certainly be considered ugly or at least weird!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
It's been like an earworm ever since I saw the first preview picture. If they made it in white my head would explode.

Different strokes for different folks. I'm sure it's looks great to some of us. Much of what I like would certainly be considered ugly or at least weird!

LOL! We certainly wouldn't want that now. :D

Yes - still one of vape's greatest assets is it accommodates all of us, and we've all got our little idiosyncrasies where gear is concerned.

At this point in time I just can't see myself buying a heavy mod, especially not a SbS. I'll use the ones I have, but if I'm spending money, it's going to be to "lighten up". I like the looks of the Aspire SbS, but it's way too heavy, and I know that button would drive me nuts.

I hate having to search for the button on a SbS. I just want to wrap my hand on it and vape. Any required thought is a negative impact for me.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Been looking for a SBS, in particular the aspire mixx, but the vendors are really unfamiliar.. I guess some more sleuthing is in order.

Element or VapinArt will likely be getting them soon, Bark. Wait on one of them, and you'll receive it quickly after ordering it (as opposed to the Slow Boat...). ;)

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2014
Planet Earth
Element or VapinArt will likely be getting them soon, Bark. Wait on one of them, and you'll receive it quickly after ordering it (as opposed to the Slow Boat...). ;)
Yeah I think I'm done with Slow Boat. My tank replacements for the hussar project X have been sitting in China for a month.. but judging by other people's orders.. that's not long at all

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Yeah I think I'm done with Slow Boat. My tank replacements for the hussar project X have been sitting in China for a month.. but judging by other people's orders.. that's not long at all

I always found it to be worth the wait for someone here to stock up. If and when possible, of course, which is almost certainly the case with the Mixx.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Got a lot of Loving for the Warlock shes been a good girl..:hubba::hubba::hubba::hubba::hubba:

View attachment 897901

Thank you DP..;).. for putting me onto these baby's ...:hubba:...just waiting for her sister to Arrive :toast:

Lookin' GOOD, Noodles! Is the sister a mirror (color & style) or did you go with something different?

I'm all-in with the full color versions. I like them better than the more expensive option. They weigh less, and I personally think they look better too. :thumb:

Reactions: ShamrockPat

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Speaking of the warlock:
ALQhweK.png

Let's see how this "interesting" legal tactic plays out...

It was inevitable. They will never be deterred. ;)

Interesting choice to use that 70w chip though. I'm guessing it's the same one that's in some of the SXK BB's, which was a discernible drop down (at least for me) in vape quality & experience (hence the later 60w versions that cost more).

I guess for the money though, at least it brings the form factor (stolen as it may be).

Shameless, they... :ohmy:

Noodles11

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Lookin' GOOD, Noodles! Is the sister a mirror (color & style) or did you go with something different?

I'm all-in with the full color versions. I like them better than the more expensive option. They weigh less, and I personally think they look better too. :thumb:

Lol i got the Elite as it was the only one left DP...:blush:

• Winner
Reactions: DPLongo22

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Lol i got the Elite as it was the only one left DP...:blush:

Don't get me wrong, Noodles. I'd use the Elite and HAPPILY.

One of my Xvos has brass buttons, and I despise brass. I use that Xvo a LOT though.

It's red. :cool:

So, Black Elite or Graphite? :D

Reactions: ShamrockPat

tom65

Feb 1, 2020
I've been a Sbs fan for quite a while and have referred to this thread many times over the years.

I bought the Mixx from direcrtly from Aspire maybe a month ago and it arrived last week via DHL. Here it is with a 22mm Kayfun Lite with dome extension.

mixx.jpg

As you can see the domed KFL is almost the perfect height atty for it. The mod is CNC machined from Steel and has a heft to it -- in a way I very much like. I would not describe it as a heavy mod, but as "solid". It is kind of throwback in an era when most mods are light and cheap. It definetely has that "Sunbox" look to it. More angular than the Zero Nega or the Ambitions mod both of which are Sunbox designs. The quality is very good. It can do VW, VV, and bypass (no temp ctrl).

Only a couple of niggles. One is the gold battery cap. Would have prefered they stay with the "cool" steel look. But, the Ultem on the Kayfun makes that work IMHO. 2nd niggle is that the 510 is not adjustable. The picture you see here places the airhole on the kayfun right where my thumb sits. I add a super thin washer to let the atty screw in all the way and better locate the airflow.

--tom

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I've been a Sbs fan for quite a while and have referred to this thread many times over the years.

I bought the Mixx from direcrtly from Aspire maybe a month ago and it arrived last week via DHL. Here it is with a 22mm Kayfun Lite with dome extension.

View attachment 898087

As you can see the domed KFL is almost the perfect height atty for it. The mod is CNC machined from Steel and has a heft to it -- in a way I very much like. I would not describe it as a heavy mod, but as "solid". It is kind of throwback in an era when most mods are light and cheap. It definetely has that "Sunbox" look to it. More angular than the Zero Nega or the Ambitions mod both of which are Sunbox designs. The quality is very good. It can do VW, VV, and bypass (no temp ctrl).

Only a couple of niggles. One is the gold battery cap. Would have prefered they stay with the "cool" steel look. But, the Ultem on the Kayfun makes that work IMHO. 2nd niggle is that the 510 is not adjustable. The picture you see here places the airhole on the kayfun right where my thumb sits. I add a super thin washer to let the atty screw in all the way and better locate the airflow.

--tom

They're gorgeous mods, Tom, and that's good info, particularly about the 510. It sounds quite manageable though, and I'm glad to see that.

Doesn't one of their models have the SS cap? I think so (but am not certain). Which one did you order - is it the Tuxedo?

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

Noodles11

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
walkock.PNG
Don't get me wrong, Noodles. I'd use the Elite and HAPPILY.

One of my Xvos has brass buttons, and I despise brass. I use that Xvo a LOT though.

It's red. :cool:

So, Black Elite or Graphite? :D

WARLOCK PROJECT "ELITE EDITION" DICODES BF60 - BLACK
BATTERY TUBE:
ONLY 18650
ACTUATOR:
FRONT
:matrix:

tom65

Feb 1, 2020
They're gorgeous mods, Tom, and that's good info, particularly about the 510. It sounds quite manageable though, and I'm glad to see that.

Doesn't one of their models have the SS cap? I think so (but am not certain). Which one did you order - is it the Tuxedo?

I really like Mixx. I have always found Sunbox's designs to be very appealing. To me, this Sbs really oozes high end both in looks and hand feel. And my opinion, the price is reasonable for a fully milled mod - no 3d printing or plastic.

This one is the Tuxedo. I just checked, and you're right -- the quicksilver model comes with a silver steel cap. The all black one has a black cap.

The non-adjustable 510 is very slightly. annoying, but it is totally manageable. An o-ring or a super thin disk solves this.

Aspire has becoming a very intriguing company to me lately. Love what they are doing with both Sunbox and Taifun. Can't imagine what's next.

--tom

Last edited:

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
I really like Mixx. I have always found Sunbox's designs to be very appealing. To me, this Sbs really oozes high end both in looks and hand feel. And my opinion, the price is reasonable for a fully milled mod - no 3d printing or plastic.

This one is the Tuxedo. I just checked, and you're right -- the quicksilver model comes with a silver steel cap. The all black one has a black cap.

The non-adjustable 510 is very slightly. annoying, but it is totally manageable. An o-ring or a super thin disk solves this.

Aspire has becoming a very intriguing company to me lately. Love what they are doing with both Sunbox and Taifun. Can't imagine what's next.

--tom

Just to throw some confusion into the discussion ;) there has been a lot of talk on various fb groups about the battery cap thing. At first it was where one color mod got one style cap, but another color got something different. But then I've seen screenshots from Aspire reps stating that the prototypes sent to reviewers and some of the early models got the gold cap because of some sort of manufacturing confusion. I can't remember if it was the wrong material/finish box being checked or somebody got the initial order size wrong. But at the end, the guy said the silver cap was what was supposed to be there all along and that once the gold ones were used up all the Mixx would have them.

• Informative
Reactions: DPLongo22

Users who are viewing this thread