listing side by side mods

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Just to throw some confusion into the discussion ;) there has been a lot of talk on various fb groups about the battery cap thing. At first it was where one color mod got one style cap, but another color got something different. But then I've seen screenshots from Aspire reps stating that the prototypes sent to reviewers and some of the early models got the gold cap because of some sort of manufacturing confusion. I can't remember if it was the wrong material/finish box being checked or somebody got the initial order size wrong. But at the end, the guy said the silver cap was what was supposed to be there all along and that once the gold ones were used up all the Mixx would have them.

Are you implying that they aspire to be consistent?

;)

• Agree
Reactions: Noodles11

Noodles11

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Don't get me wrong, Noodles. I'd use the Elite and HAPPILY.

One of my Xvos has brass buttons, and I despise brass. I use that Xvo a LOT though.

It's red. :cool:

So, Black Elite or Graphite? :D

Talking Battery Caps..:danger:

The only compaint i would have with the Warlock and its minor...is....

The battery cap threading i think is a bit fine...:2c:

And its not clearly marked that there is a slight protrusion on the underside of the cap which is the negative contact on the battery and it is possible (ive done it..:(..) to put the battery cap on upside down and the mod wont worky...:2c:

• Agree
Reactions: DPLongo22

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Talking Battery Caps..:danger:

The only compaint i would have with the Warlock and its minor...is....

The battery cap threading i think is a bit fine...:2c:

And its not clearly marked that there is a slight protrusion on the underside of the cap which is the negative contact on the battery and it is possible (ive done it..:(..) to put the battery cap on upside down and the mod wont worky...:2c:

Me too. :)

Just once though because I realized they're slightly different, top side vs. bottom. And as Phil Busardo once so famously said, "Now, I get it."

:laugh:

• Agree
Reactions: Noodles11

Noodles11

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Me too. :)

Just once though because I realized they're slightly different, top side vs. bottom. And as Phil Busardo once so famously said, "Now, I get it."

:laugh:

Yea it had me stumped i thought i had put batter ij upside down and then i thought id put a flat battery IN ...:)

• Agree
Reactions: DPLongo22

Noodles11

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I've been a Sbs fan for quite a while and have referred to this thread many times over the years.

I bought the Mixx from direcrtly from Aspire maybe a month ago and it arrived last week via DHL. Here it is with a 22mm Kayfun Lite with dome extension.

View attachment 898087

As you can see the domed KFL is almost the perfect height atty for it. The mod is CNC machined from Steel and has a heft to it -- in a way I very much like. I would not describe it as a heavy mod, but as "solid". It is kind of throwback in an era when most mods are light and cheap. It definetely has that "Sunbox" look to it. More angular than the Zero Nega or the Ambitions mod both of which are Sunbox designs. The quality is very good. It can do VW, VV, and bypass (no temp ctrl).

Only a couple of niggles. One is the gold battery cap. Would have prefered they stay with the "cool" steel look. But, the Ultem on the Kayfun makes that work IMHO. 2nd niggle is that the 510 is not adjustable. The picture you see here places the airhole on the kayfun right where my thumb sits. I add a super thin washer to let the atty screw in all the way and better locate the airflow.

--tom

They look nice will def try one of these when they come to Aus ...seem to be a good price..do you know Tom if a 25mm Atty like the Nautilus GT will fit Nauty GT is meant to be 24mm but its notits more like 25mm plus..o_O

tom65

Feb 1, 2020
They look nice will def try one of these when they come to Aus ...seem to be a good price..do you know Tom if a 25mm Atty like the Nautilus GT will fit Nauty GT is meant to be 24mm but its notits more like 25mm plus..o_O
Nautilus GT clears just fine. I think it *just* clears. Here's a couple of pics.
mixx 3.jpg
mixx 4.jpg

Also to add more to the battery cap discussion, I tried switching caps with some of my other mods that use a tube 18650 rather than a sled and they all fit. Must be some level of standardization within the 18650 battery tube world.

--tom

Noodles11

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Nautilus GT clears just fine. I think it *just* clears. Here's a couple of pics.
View attachment 898363 View attachment 898369

Also to add more to the battery cap discussion, I tried switching caps with some of my other mods that use a tube 18650 rather than a sled and they all fit. Must be some level of standardization within the 18650 battery tube world.

--tom
Yea that looks sweet Tom..good to see the Nauty GT on it..cheers for putting the photo up ...will def get one when they hit Aus....:thumb::thumb::thumb:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
On the list for one of these.

ETA September to October. But I will anticipate December to January, and hope for the best.

Not for me. But some boro type will like it, with 9ml and 21700.

Did I already post this? Sorry if I did :blush:

36bc46bdc26bab8b3b64c9ed0e3bfddb.jpg

That's the 67 one, Duffy, correct? If so, I'm with you. Not my cuppa but looks nice.

AIO 67 PRE ORDER – 6ixty 7even mod

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Bought my first SbS. Aspire/Sunbox Mixx with a Dvarw MTL FL on it. Love it! :wub:
MixxCR.jpg

It's a very well built mod. It does VW/VV/bypass. Uses Aspire's ASP chipset. They made the screen layout look just like a DNA60 (o_O). I have a second one on the way.

I will likely pickup an Easy Stealth once Ambition releases the DNA60 vsn.

ETA: I bought my Mixx from Cheeky Vape Co. (UK). Shipping was fairly quick at 8 days to the states. Aspire & Sunbox Mixx

Last edited:

Tor R

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    I’ve ordered Aspire Mixx - colour: tuxedo.
    We can also buy battery caps from Aspire (for them who don’t like the cap the tuxedo model came with).
    Not sure whitch atomizer I’ll pair the mixx with. Either Innokin Ares 2 or Suicide mods Ether RTA.

omeringen

Sep 17, 2019

Using it for one week, no issues yet.
    I am planning to apply d-c-fix transparent at bottom just in case.

Applied d-c-fix transparent about ~1 month ago. Looks like it's a long life adhesive.

I am planning to get a second side by side mod but still couldn't decide between Ambition Easy and Aspire Mixx.
    - There is no TC mode on Mixx, doesn't matter to me because i am watt mode user.
    - Mixx has stealth mode(screen off) unlike Easy.
    - Easy looks so better then Mixx IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread