DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
@DPLongo22 , what model is that?

It's a HummingBird mods, Shift. It's less than 50 grams (naked), and very compact. Two different button options, and I opted for the protruding one. I don't believe there's anything as light with a replaceable battery (at least not today).

dsheik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
overland park, KS
It's a HummingBird Mods, Shift. It's less than 50 grams (naked), and very compact. Two different button options, and I opted for the protruding one. I don't believe there's anything as light with a replaceable battery (at least not today).

Thats a very sharp looking mod and looks to be designed well unlike some of the sbs coming out lately. So how does your Hummingbird compare to the Warlock? The Warlock is perfect IMO. Its just so natural to use. Your posts on the Warlock were spot on and finalized my decision on it. I always thought Id end up with a Tek Division sbs when it came to high end but I have little interest at this point.

mahumnut

Oct 24, 2019
That button. Oh, that button... :?: (&smh)

I just don't get it.
I've never used a mod with a similar button position, but it seems analogous to BBs and BB-like devices so long as the attys airflow is configured such that it isn't covered by your hand. The popular single-hole MTL RTAs should be easy to set up in that manner; however it does look easy to fat finger the +/- buttons IMO.

Edit: I think fat fingering would only be an issue if you're a lefty

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I think fat fingering would only be an issue if you're a lefty

I vape left 90-95% of the time. I don't understand why, with all that real estate, they'd opt for a "centric" position (right, in this case) rather than the unbeatable (IMO) "low & center" option.

Nice mod but that button would never work for me.

Thats a very sharp looking mod and looks to be designed well unlike some of the sbs coming out lately. So how does your Hummingbird compare to the Warlock? The Warlock is perfect IMO. Its just so natural to use. Your posts on the Warlock were spot on and finalized my decision on it. I always thought Id end up with a Tek Division sbs when it came to high end but I have little interest at this point.

That's a very tough call, and very much a personal issue. Both a excellent mods, each with their own distinct advantages over the other. They're both quite light but Shift definitely had the edge there.

• 150g Shift (fully loaded)
  • 195g Warlock (fully loaded)

I have a slight preference for the Warlock's button, but anyone concerned about pocket-firing might opt for the Shift's button instead. I haven't had any incidents, but I know some people are funny like that. The Shift's button requires a bit more pressure to fire, so I guess it depends on one's preferences.

For my own very subjective preferences, I'd give the Shift advantages in the mobile department (slightly smaller & lighter), and the Warlock advantages overall (but it's SO geared to my personal list of preferences). If someone might be out & about more than stable, they might be more inclined to the Shift.

Personally, I don't think someone could possibly go wrong with either. They're both extraordinary mods (IMO).

I like the Tek Horizon a lot. For me the difference maker was the weight, which is why I opted for the Warlock. I also love the Warlock's button, which is very similar to the Xvo, but a bit smaller.

Now I'm just waiting for my (Warlock) battery tube covers to ship & arrive. :D

Shift-Warlock_20200816_145824.jpg

dsheik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
overland park, KS
I vape left 90-95% of the time. I don't understand why, with all that real estate, they'd opt for a "centric" position (right, in this case) rather than the unbeatable (IMO) "low & center" option.

Nice mod but that button would never work for me.

That's a very tough call, and very much a personal issue. Both a excellent mods, each with their own distinct advantages over the other. They're both quite light but Shift definitely had the edge there.

• 150g Shift (fully loaded)
  • 195g Warlock (fully loaded)

I have a slight preference for the Warlock's button, but anyone concerned about pocket-firing might opt for the Shift's button instead. I haven't had any incidents, but I know some people are funny like that. The Shift's button requires a bit more pressure to fire, so I guess it depends on one's preferences.

For my own very subjective preferences, I'd give the Shift advantages in the mobile department (slightly smaller & lighter), and the Warlock advantages overall (but it's SO geared to my personal list of preferences). If someone might be out & about more than stable, they might be more inclined to the Shift.

Personally, I don't think someone could possibly go wrong with either. They're both extraordinary mods (IMO).

I like the Tek Horizon a lot. For me the difference maker was the weight, which is why I opted for the Warlock. I also love the Warlock's button, which is very similar to the Xvo, but a bit smaller.

Now I'm just waiting for my (Warlock) battery tube covers to ship & arrive. :D

View attachment 901865

Yup, on the weight. 150g fully loaded is crazy light. Thats an often underappreciated/overlooked feature. Speaking of weight I should receive my Ataman v5 from Titanium Mods this week. Im hoping it will replace my By-KAs as my Warlock topper.

Youll have to show those Warlock battery tube covers. Ive never seen them.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Yup, on the weight. 150g fully loaded is crazy light. Thats an often underappreciated/overlooked feature. Speaking of weight I should receive my Ataman v5 from Titanium Mods this week. Im hoping it will replace my By-KAs as my Warlock topper.

Youll have to show those Warlock battery tube covers. Ive never seen them.

We'll be expecting pics!!! :thumbs:

These are the covers he did. It just covers the top section, but I like it. :cool:

I skipped the Acid Green one. :blink:

WarlockCovers2.png

Users who are viewing this thread