listing side by side mods

dsheik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
overland park, KS
We'll be expecting pics!!! :thumbs:

These are the covers he did. It just covers the top section, but I like it. :cool:

I skipped the Acid Green one. :blink:

View attachment 902229

It looks like I wont be getting one for now anyway as I have the rusty orange. First Ill say the Ataman V5 is very good. Smooth and flavorful, but you how it is when you first get a new atty, you do everything perfect. Im using kanthal 28awg, 2.4mm spaced, rayon and RTE English classic bright Virginia at 14W. This summer edition was supposed to have the dicodes bf60 but it came with the evolv which is fine. Ill post the total weight some time this weekend.
thumbnail_IMG_0536.jpg
warlock3.jpg
warlock4.jpg
warlock5.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_0536.jpg warlock3.jpg warlock4.jpg warlock5.jpg

Attachments

• warlock1.jpg
    warlock1.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 20

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
It looks like I wont be getting one for now anyway as I have the rusty orange. First Ill say the Ataman V5 is very good. Smooth and flavorful, but you how it is when you first get a new atty, you do everything perfect. Im using kanthal 28awg, 2.4mm spaced, rayon and RTE English classic bright Virginia at 14W. This summer edition was supposed to have the dicodes bf60 but it came with the evolv which is fine. Ill post the total weight some time this weekend.
View attachment 902781 View attachment 902783 View attachment 902785 View attachment 902787 View attachment 902781 View attachment 902783 View attachment 902785 View attachment 902787

It's almost got a bit of "Mahomesian" flair. ;)

I like it!

dsheik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
overland park, KS
It's almost got a bit of "Mahomesian" flair. ;)

I like it!

Well believe it or not my favorite color is black and my favorite color combo is black and silver, but DAMNMOD didnt have all the options available at the time. I was sold on the Warlock in large part to your review and pics on yours and I was getting one for sure, just not the acid green one. :D Seriously though excluding color this is a damn fine mod. The ergonomics, button placement, button itself is perfect. it seems a lot of manufacturers miss the simplest things when designing a hand held device thats supposed to replace smoking a cigarette. It needs to feel natural and DAMNMOD nailed it with the Warlock.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Well believe it or not my favorite color is black and my favorite color combo is black and silver, but DAMNMOD didnt have all the options available at the time. I was sold on the Warlock in large part to your review and pics on yours and I was getting one for sure, just not the acid green one. :D Seriously though excluding color this is a damn fine mod. The ergonomics, button placement, button itself is perfect. it seems a lot of manufacturers miss the simplest things when designing a hand held device thats supposed to replace smoking a cigarette. It needs to feel natural and DAMNMOD nailed it with the Warlock.

Thanks, D. :)

We clearly have very similar tastes. For me too, it's pretty much perfection. The Xvo had held that spot for many years for me, but I never expected to find everything I loved about it in a much lighter package. Interestingly, I actually like the smaller button even better than the larger but almost identical one on the Xvo.

Yessir - NAILED it! :thumb: :D :vapor:

I like the full color maybe with Graphite and a black low lock. I think that would look HOT. :cool:

Your pics made the red look much nicer than it had to me in their pics. No no on the green, but the red looks good, seeing it in your shots.

I also like that we can get accessories for it. Things like the top battery tube, and those covers, that's a nice little addition. It appears he learned some value from all the aftermarket Billet Box stuff. Smart.

I too couldn't possibly be more pleased with a purchase. :thumbs:

dsheik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
overland park, KS
Thanks, D. :)

We clearly have very similar tastes. For me too, it's pretty much perfection. The Xvo had held that spot for many years for me, but I never expected to find everything I loved about it in a much lighter package. Interestingly, I actually like the smaller button even better than the larger but almost identical one on the Xvo.

Yessir - NAILED it! :thumb: :D :vapor:

I like the full color maybe with Graphite and a black low lock. I think that would look HOT. :cool:

Your pics made the red look much nicer than it had to me in their pics. No no on the green, but the red looks good, seeing it in your shots.

I also like that we can get accessories for it. Things like the top battery tube, and those covers, that's a nice little addition. It appears he learned some value from all the aftermarket Billet Box stuff. Smart.

I too couldn't possibly be more pleased with a purchase. :thumbs:

Im going to keep an eye on them going forward. Might even get another one. I like the full color graphite and black one too. They do have a photo of the graphite with black low lock. it does look slick and 9g lighter and 50 euro cheaper than the one I got, but they are still out of stock.

Curious about the total weight I went and got a scale. With the titanium Ataman filled up, fully loaded it comes in at 183.2 g

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Im going to keep an eye on them going forward. Might even get another one. I like the full color graphite and black one too. They do have a photo of the graphite with black low lock. it does look slick and 9g lighter and 50 euro cheaper than the one I got, but they are still out of stock.

Curious about the total weight I went and got a scale. With the titanium Ataman filled up, fully loaded it comes in at 183.2 g

He's been on vacation for like three weeks. I believe he returns tomorrow, at which point I figure we'll see some stock motion.

Maybe even a battery tube cover too. ;)

I think mine is so light because there's an Erl on it. Atties don't come much lighter than those, even in the 5ml version. Only 21mm but I do not care. :D

dsheik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
overland park, KS
He's been on vacation for like three weeks. I believe he returns tomorrow, at which point I figure we'll see some stock motion.

Maybe even a battery tube cover too. ;)

I think mine is so light because there's an Erl on it. Atties don't come much lighter than those, even in the 5ml version. Only 21mm but I do not care. :D

Yeah those tube covers kind of complete it, fill it out. Id be interested if he releases one.
Erls would naturally be light, thats actually a good fit I never thought about.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Yeah those tube covers kind of complete it, fill it out. Id be interested if he releases one.
Erls would naturally be light, thats actually a good fit I never thought about.

He probably will. I've noticed he adds stuff in such as colors and what-not. Makes me inclined to wait him out. ;)

Mistake or not, I always leave the DPL to do the thinking... ;)

:lol: :D :lol:

Silly girl. ;)

• Love
Reactions: Katdarling

drippaboi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2014
SF Bay Area
I thought I'd upload a few side-by-side comparison shots with the new SBS mod :)

SBS1.jpg

Xvostock + Origen 19/22 | Zero Nega 2 + EVL Reaper V2

SBS2.jpg

Xvostick + Squape Rs | Zero Nega 2 + Squape R

Ohh look how tall they used to be

SBS3.jpg

Xvostick + Squape R | Zero Nega 2 + Squape R

SBS4.jpg

Xvostick + EVL Reaper V1 | Zero Nega 2 + EVL Reaper V2

mahumnut

Oct 24, 2019
Not for me but $41, if I had been so inclined, would have been tempting.

Kizoku Techmod 80w Mod $40.99 | Kit $58.99 - Vaping Cheap Deals

A couple Italian reviewers are speculating there's another delay due to several problems with the review model they sent out. Apparently the manufacturer is fixing a gap between the 510 plate and the plastic housing, button rattle from the +/- buttons, and a problem with the board shocking your lips if you use it while charging. Additionally, there's a bug in the firmware that sometimes prompts the "new coil" menu when the atomizer resistance jumps around after firing. So who knows when it'll actually be available.

In other news, the Stratum Balance clone is up for pre-order on 3F for $48-$54 depending on color scheme.
UfGxq1E.png

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
A couple Italian reviewers are speculating there's another delay due to several problems with the review model they sent out. Apparently the manufacturer is fixing a gap between the 510 plate and the plastic housing, button rattle from the +/- buttons, and a problem with the board shocking your lips if you use it while charging. Additionally, there's a bug in the firmware that sometimes prompts the "new coil" menu when the atomizer resistance jumps around after firing. So who knows when it'll actually be available.

In other news, the Stratum Balance clone is up for pre-order on 3F for $48-$54 depending on color scheme.
UfGxq1E.png

That's VERY useful info, @mahumnut - THANK YOU! I had NO idea...

I guess my issues regarding the button placement pale in comparison. :ohmy::laugh::confused:

Reactions: mahumnut

Tor R

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    I’ve three of them, 2xJet Black and 1xTuxedo, you can’t go wrong with them, super happy with the Mixx. The Tuxedo with black battery cap is my favourite of them. I wouldnt be surprised if I purchase another Tuxedo.
    That said, I still hope I‘ll purchase a Damn Mod Warlock ”black edition” BF60. Think it will be a killer combo with my Prime Nite DLC.

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    • Agree
    Reactions: DPLongo22

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    I’ve three of them, 2xJet Black and 1xTuxedo, you can’t go wrong with them, super happy with the Mixx. The Tuxedo with black battery cap is my favourite of them. I wouldnt be surprised if I purchase another Tuxedo.
    That said, I still hope I‘ll purchase a Damn Mod Warlock ”black edition” BF60. Think it will be a killer combo with my Prime Nite DLC.

The Tux is black with SS, correct? I like that a lot.

Is the button and easy press, or one that requires a lot of pressure? I so don't need another mod but I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I REALLY like what they've done with these.

Users who are viewing this thread