DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
not for me either.
The black versions doesnt look that bad, black&Gunmetal is the colour I would probleby pick if I should buy Kizoku TechMod.

Exactly the one I'd get too, but they'd HAVE to move that button too.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
The Tux is black with SS, correct? I like that a lot.

Is the button and easy press, or one that requires a lot of pressure? I so don't need another mod but I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I REALLY like what they've done with these.
I have 2 Tux's and yes, black with SS. The fire button is an easy press but it can be locked. 5 clicks of fire button locks it.
AspireMixxX2cr.jpg

Tux's along with an OG Dvarw MTL and the newer Dvarv MTL FL.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I have 2 Tux's and yes, black with SS. The fire button is an easy press but it can be locked. 5 clicks of fire button locks it.
View attachment 908197
Tux's along with an OG Dvarw MTL and the newer Dvarv MTL FL.

THANKS!!

I actually prefer an easy press (and easy locate too).

Damn "hobby". ;) :lol:

Tor R

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    The Tux is black with SS, correct? I like that a lot.

Is the button and easy press, or one that requires a lot of pressure? I so don't need another mod but I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I REALLY like what they've done with these.
    yes, the Tuxedo is the one with Stainless battery tube. Unfortantly it comes with a gold battery cap, but Aspire has start to sell those battery caps separately.
    The button is nice, not hard at all, my limelight has a ligher button preasure but the mod also cost 310£.
    I also like the button position on mixx, the cut out for the fire button I find it pretty much perfect ergenomic wise.

Both are dressed with Suicide Mods Ether RTA, stainless standard glass, matte black with extension glass:

B19C61D2-2FF6-4C90-A656-419D65298B8B.jpeg

1A345C52-0D8C-46AA-8EB5-151CA37F38DB.jpeg

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    THANKS!!

I actually prefer an easy press (and easy locate too).

Damn "hobby". ;) :lol:
    You're welcome. :thumbs:

Anything to help a fellow hobbyist. :lol:

140g. A bit lighter than an Xvo.

Hmmm......................

(Risking redundancy....)
    DAMN "HOBBY"!!! :vapor:
    Hobby, yep. I totally feel that. :lol:

Just a little tiny Hobby.... that runs a lil deep, at times. :lol:

Like most of the time. :eek: :D :p

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    yes, the Tuxedo is the one with Stainless battery tube. Unfortantly it comes with a gold battery cap, but Aspire has start to sell those battery caps separately.
    The button is nice, not hard at all, my limelight has a ligher button preasure but the mod also cost 310£.
    I also like the button position on mixx, the cut out for the fire button I find it pretty much perfect ergenomic wise.

Both are dressed with Suicide Mods Ether RTA, stainless standard glass, matte black with extension glass:

View attachment 908199

View attachment 908201

CloudStix (in the UK) was selling battery caps as an accessory the last I knew. I know you need one now but it may good info if anyone else really wants one.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Got my 1st sbs, the jet black mixx, and I did pre order the black and gun metal Kizoku Techmod last night too, even though said I would do another per-order :facepalm: But I really like the looks of the Techmod, so went for it :)

View attachment 908205

Vape promises are.made to be broken, and.welcome to the dark side (by side), Nailz. ;)

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    CloudStix (in the UK) was selling battery caps as an accessory the last I knew. I know you need one now but it may good info if anyone else really wants one.
    I ordered battery caps from Aspire.com, 3$ per each + shipping. Ordered 2 of each.
    I stole one of the black ones from the Jet Black and mounted it on the Tuxedo Mod, perfect small contrast between battery, cap, tube from top view.

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    Got my 1st sbs, the jet black mixx, and I did pre order the black and gun metal Kizoku Techmod last night too, even though said I would do another per-order :facepalm: But I really like the looks of the Techmod, so went for it :)

View attachment 908205
    nice setup !!
    Seems we got the same taste for colours on the Kizoku Techmod, black & gunmetal is the one I liked most. Would probleby try to find a gunmetal tank (if I should end up to purchase a Kizoku)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld

Around 00:56 he hints at two new SBS mods coming out Winter 2020 and Spring 2021 from large Shenzhen companies.

Anyone have any baseless speculations? (or super secret insider info)

Nothing here, other than that by that time, at the current pace, 48 new ones will have been intro'd in one Facebook group or another.

I feel bad for all those folks who are trying to keep up with each other, buying every new one that drops. :ohmy:

tom65

Feb 1, 2020
    Last week, I was checking out the Tek Division web site and saw they introduced a DIY mod kit. They offered it assembled as well, but I thought building it would be alot of fun. They shipped super fast and it arrived today. Here is how the kit arrived.

tek div diy.jpg

Shortly after I ordered it, Mark Todd did a review:

After I get it built, I'll post a pic.

--tom

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Last week, I was checking out the Tek Division web site and saw they introduced a DIY mod kit. They offered it assembled as well, but I thought building it would be alot of fun. They shipped super fast and it arrived today. Here is how the kit arrived.

View attachment 908639

Shortly after I ordered it, Mark Todd did a review:

After I get it built, I'll post a pic.

--tom

I commented on that video the moment he posted it. If I attempted to build it, it would come out looking like who-knows-what. :blush::lol:

tom65

Feb 1, 2020
    I commented on that video the moment he posted it. If I attempted to build it, it would come out looking like who-knows-what. :blush::lol:

It looks pretty easy, really. I will practice my soldering skills before. I'm not the handiest person, but I built a Prusa 3d printer from kit and it came out great. Just took my time...

-tom

• Optimistic
    Reactions: DPLongo22

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    It looks pretty easy, really. I will practice my soldering skills before. I'm not the handiest person, but I built a Prusa 3d printer from kit and it came out great. Just took my time...

-tom

I have much more faith in you than I would have in me. You've got me by a mile simply with, "Just took my time..." ;)

We WILL be waiting to see the pics!

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal

-tom

I'm kinda a Hack when it comes to Soldering.

Something I found that Helps if you Haven't Soldered Much, or if you Haven't Solder lately, is to take an Old PC Card (Like that High End Video Card you Bought for like $450 awhile back that you can now buy for $69.95 with a $10.00 Mail in Rebate) and practice on it.

Nice to be able to Test out Solder Temps and your Flux Tech without having to Worry about going for broke on that DNA Board.

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com

Around 00:56 he hints at two new SBS mods coming out Winter 2020 and Spring 2021 from large Shenzhen companies.

Anyone have any baseless speculations? (or super secret insider info)
    I heard he mention a couple new Shenzhen SBS.
    Ergonomic wise, I love the Aspire Mixx, those new SBS Vic hint about, they gotta come with a very good board & style before I swipe my card for one.

Reactions: mahumnut

Users who are viewing this thread