listing side by side mods

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Maybe this Kangside is what you saw? @drugarth already listed it. That birdcage is a definite negative IMO.

View attachment 503184

focalecig.com - KangSiDe Luxury 35W 18650 Variable Wattage VW APV Box Mod - Black

Yes. That's the one.
I'm lousy at finding stuff again.

This is the other one, phantus, and not whatever I called it.
focalecig.com - Phantus Mini 18350 Mechanical Box Mod - Silver
cute little thing, but 391g?

Anyone with the smaller MicroStick with 16mm atty, do you think the GS air would fit? The GS is also 16mm.

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Anyone with the smaller MicroStick with 16mm atty, do you think the GS air would fit? The GS is also 16mm.

Certainly. So will the ATHENA eNVy17 if you want a small regulated.

This is the other one, phantus, and not whatever I called it.
focalecig.com - Phantus Mini 18350 Mechanical Box Mod - Silver
cute little thing, but 391g?

Yeah, too heavy to take out. Since it's staying at home, I'm converting mine to 18650 with a wood spacer. Already cut the Phantus in half, now I just gotta finish it up. :facepalm: Been distracted by other mod projects.

IMAG0500_picmonkeyed.jpg

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Certainly. So will the ATHENA eNVy17 if you want a small regulated.

Yeah, too heavy to take out. Since it's staying at home, I'm converting mine to 18650 with a wood spacer. Already cut the Phantus in half, now I just gotta finish it up. :facepalm: Been distracted by other mod projects.

View attachment 503788

Happy dance on the GS air. Woohoo!
ch dance.gif
BananaDancers.gif
dance cancan.gif

Now to spend da money.

Very creative conversion on the phantus. It had a number of design details I really liked, and they messed up when it came to materials. Sad. I wish someone would really put effort into this concept. The side by side approach is the most efficent, intelligent design for ecigs. And I love smart design.

Last edited:

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
It's definitely slanted towards the dry herb consumption.....

I know sometimes eliquids are called "oils" in chinglish and I'm not up to date on the other which can make it hard to tell them apart sometimes. I thought there was enough unique styling to be worth posting either way. Thx.

Reactions: DPLongo22

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Reactions: drugarth

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
heard some rumors the upcomming IPV D3 will also be one with an internal tank, like the Nebox, gets 80W and TC. If they can get it a bit on the small size it could be quite interesting.

IPV D3 80 watt Temp Control Box Mod - 101 Vape

Very little info and no pictures yet, but if I find some I'll post it.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Been carrying around my Gizmo 18650/Fountain rig all week, running dual twisted 28 gauge coils. Wow. The best pocket rig I have ever had by a good margin. Total no compromise vape, and hardly any bigger than my custom 18650/Mini Buddha rig (center bottom pic) which holds only 2.5 ml. Gizmo/Fountain holds 5 ml in the squonk bottle, and you can put another ml in the juice well.

imag1426_picmonkeyed-jpg.508064
imag1432_picmonkeyed-jpg.508065

Last edited:

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
WestPole,
I do like your gizmo. I assume you cut the center fin to access the fountain? I couldn't find a gizmo in that style.

Yeah, did that and a bunch of other things: used a different switch (from LPG) and shortened the height of the mod, fit a spring loaded 510 core, installed a grub screw adjustment for squonk bottle orientation, an ebony bottom plate instead of metal, bla bla. Put in a fair bit of time. :rolleyes: Do not consider it wasted though. :)

Last edited:

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Yeah, did that and a bunch of other things: shortened, different switch (from LPG), spring loaded 510 core, screw adjustment for squonk bottle orientation, ebony bottom plate instead of metal, bla bla. Put in a fair bit of time. :rolleyes: Do not consider it wasted though. :)

It definatley helps to be handy rather than depend on clones working right out of the box. There's a number of side by side clones at FT but they all seem to have an issue out of the box. I don't have what it takes to tinker.

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
It definatley helps to be handy rather than depend on clones working right out of the box. There's a number of side by side clones at FT but they all seem to have an issue out of the box. I don't have what it takes to tinker.

That's right. My definition of a mod clone is a mod you finish yourself.

Other than that, most are very good and can be made to be excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread