listing side by side mods

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
I do like the simplicity of a mech option. My collection is about fifty fifty. Mech's just seem like anyone with a basic understanding of electricity could keep them operating forever. That's not true when there's a chip involved and wiring takes space. I liked the tinest form imaginable.

Totally with you on this. Mechs can be made the smallest, and there's nothing that can go wrong with them that I can't fix myself.

Rough cut with a saw, rounded with a sanding drum on a drill press, 510 extension cut to size and supported by a brass ring made from a spare part. Makeshift but works great.

FYI I saw an interesting configuration of a side by side using this
http://www.heavengifts.com/WISMEC-OLED-Screen-VW-MOD-Control-Head.html

Yes, with a short atty like a Goblin Mini, can be great combo for converting a side by side mech to regulated. Haven't felt the need to do it myself, but I've seen it done too. Thanks for your thoughts. :)

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Fair warning on the clone. You might have to fiddle with it a bit to get the contacts working fully and consistently.

Screenshot 2015-11-01 at 11.15.51 AM.png

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10010802/1945800-ignition-base-for-510-atomizer-and-mod

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
I never realized there were so many in this configuration until drugarth started this list.

I don't think there was a couple of months ago. There were a few authentics that have been around for years at two hundred $, but it wasn't until they were cloned that general interest began.

There is one more Athena side by side and I don't remember who sold it. It's the 'Luxury' model with the honeycomb atty holder, replaceable battery.

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Maybe this Kangside is what you saw? @drugarth already listed it. That birdcage is a definite negative IMO.

View attachment 503184

http://focalecig.com/Product/KangSiDe-Luxury35W-18650-Variable-Wattage-VW-APV-Box-ModBlack-29262

I with you on that opinion, West. It hit my "Eww!" button.

I understand that's very personal, and I'm cool with whoever likes it. I'm also certain that some of my mods would other people's "Eww!" button too. And when they do, I laugh and vape some more. :)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Actually, it was the dryer that got it goin'. ;)

(are you making fun of my intense photoshopping skills, Longolino?)
No ma'am. I am of the opinion that you turned that duckling into a... Well, not a swan, but a more attractive duckling.

Wash it again. Or dry it again.

Whatevs.

Please. [emoji23]

Users who are viewing this thread