listing side by side mods

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Write in the search bar in FB - "Stratum+ by VPL". If the interests of the chip - "StarPlat"

Stratum1.jpg
Stratum2.jpg
Stratum3.jpg
Stratum4.jpg
Stratum6.jpg

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
As long as your listing mech, mad vapes Gripper. That's the one that got me hooked on this configuration.

There's also Gizmo, original and various clones.

Nice find @drugarth. Hardly any 26650 side by side mods out there. Can't afford this, but I intend to make a woody mech in that configuration. Thanks.

FT has a clone called Continental that takes that size battery. I think it's another version of the Black Oak clone but without the box and dock.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
As long as your listing mech, Mad Vapes Gripper. That's the one that got me hooked on this configuration.

There's also Gizmo, original and various clones.

FT has a clone called Continental that takes that size battery. I think it's another version of the Black Oak clone but without the box and dock.

OMG, aik - I can't believe we forgot about the Gripper, even thought it's a bit of a different animal. But GREAT to think back on! It was my first too (jeez... three-plus years ago?). With extension thingamajig and whatnot. I liked that little thing.

Unless I'm mistaken, Kat still has hers.

Not to digress, but thanks for the memory-bank flood. :)

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
OMG, aik - I can't believe we forgot about the Gripper, even thought it's a bit of a different animal. But GREAT to think back on! It was my first too (jeez... three-plus years ago?). With extension thingamajig and whatnot. I liked that little thing.

Unless I'm mistaken, Kat still has hers.

Not to digress, but thanks for the memory-bank flood. :)

I do! And here's a pic (that we might also see in the Classies soon....)

gripper 1(Small).jpg
gripper extension (Small).jpg

there's always the microbig if you like small mechs. with a 1.4 coil it right in my sweet spot.

Another beautiful design by Chels!

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
As long as your listing mech, Mad Vapes Gripper. That's the one that got me hooked on this configuration.
I do! And here's a pic (that we might also see in the Classies soon....)

Me too! Gripper got me started in this side by side direction. Went kinda Gripper crazy last year, modifying them for bigger batteries and attys. Started a thread devoted to them. Just loved the way they feel in the hand. Still do. :)

BTW, I still have several new stock Grippers if anybody would like one.

P9131459 edit small_picmonkeyed.jpg
P9131456 edit small_picmonkeyed.jpg
P9131468 edit small_picmonkeyed.jpg
PA021596 edit_picmonkeyed.jpg
PA021616 edit_picmonkeyed.jpg
PA021621 edit_picmonkeyed.jpg
PA041665 edit_picmonkeyed.jpg
P1222212 edit_picmonkeyed.jpg
P8141414 edited small_picmonkeyed.jpg

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
WOW, some of those are VERY nice, West!

Who knew the "lowly" little Gripper could be so wildly refashioned!

I was looking at those pics at work, thinking right along the same lines.

Marvelous shot, West!

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Who knew the "lowly" little Gripper could be so wildly refashioned!
I was looking at those pics at work, thinking right along the same lines.

Lowly didn't matter to me one bit; actually, it was kinda a positive. I loved the way it felt in the hand and wondered what could be done to build on that goodness. Still use the one with the recessed tank and 18500 conversion.

Always nice to find Gripper veterans. :)

Last edited:

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Just got here & it's excellent! Fit & finish is excellent, fits in the hand perfectly & hits hard :thumb:

Is that the clone? I've heard it was excellent but at two hundred grams without batteries and tank, I just knew I'd leave it home. I'm kinda disappointed and still thinking about it.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Me too! Gripper got me started in this side by side direction. Went kinda Gripper crazy last year, modifying them to for bigger batteries and attys. Started a thread devoted to them. Just loved the way they feel in the hand. Still do. :)

BTW, I still have several new stock Grippers if anybody would like one.

View attachment 502420 View attachment 502421 View attachment 502422 View attachment 502423 View attachment 502424 View attachment 502425 View attachment 502426 View attachment 502427 View attachment 502428

Got me hooked too. Badattitude has a blog focused on modifications to it and there's several YouTube videos. On another forum there's a thread dedicated as well. One post shows details on modifying extentions to fit a std tank. I have a bunch of those nano carts that fit inside perfectly, I just hate those tips. I usually use an extension and i16's. It's so small and lightweight that it's always in my purse.

I really wanted a microstick to upgrade it. I was watching the clone at FT and hesitated... OOps. gone. I don't have patience or skills for something not working a hundred % out of the box. Now I'm on the fence about which direction to take.

I do like the simplicity of a mech option. My collection is about fifty fifty. Mech's just seem like anyone with a basic understanding of electricity could keep them operating forever. That's not true when there's a chip involved and wiring takes space. I liked the tinest form imaginable.

I've never ordered from the other chinese retailers and kinda reluctant to.

Users who are viewing this thread