LitecigUSA's DSE-601 e-Pipe video review and demo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lochstar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2008
MN, USA
I've been wanting to ask this but cannot of yet post a thread to ask so I guess here is as close as I'm gonna get...

The atomizers in e-pipes, are they replaceable? I'm wondering because I have yet to find an inexpensive e-pipe and would hate to shell out that much for something that has to be recycled. I also have a collection of cool pipes that I would love to enjoy with e-cig technology if I could figure out a way to retrofit a e-pipe atomizer/cart into them. Anyone wanna guess what the viability of such a thing is?

Lochstar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2008
MN, USA
Oh, and before I forget... Leaford, there's a *great* 22 dollar logitech USB mic you could use for your video reviews that I was using before I picked up a full mic/mixer rig for DJ'ing. It is wonderful for picking up voice even when sitting back in your chair since it's not an omnidirectional mic like most. Might wanna give it a try. You can see it and reviews here: *edit* Ok I can't post a direct URL either... lol... so head to amazon.com, search for Logitech USB Microphone, and it should be at the top of the list. 22.95, and has 161 (ish) reviews.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
DrTuba, alas, my camera doesn't have a mic jack, and I wouldn't know how to synch a seperate recording with my video. I am just an amature, and have to work with the equipment I have.

And no, e-pipe atomizers aren't removable or changeable, which sucks. A new atomizer means a new body. But Litecig's 6 month warranty makes it more affordable, as in free, to get a new one.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Hoppi, I've been using it prety much half the time, and the Janty Classic the other half. Except when I'm testing other models out of course. And so far it's holding out fine. The slow switch has gotten a bit slower. 3/4 of a second instead of 1/2. Otherwise, it's OK. Vapor production is still outstanding, and one battery usually lasts me all day.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Leaford,
Is there a way to clean the atomizer from time to time? It can not be separated from the battery so what is a good maintenance for it?

Well, I have now confirmed that you can clean the atomizer out with a steam cleaner. Mine was developing a bit of a bad taste, and when changing cartridges didn't help, I took the steam cleaner to it. I wasn't sure it would work since it can't blow through like with a pen or 901. But it worked pretty well. I removed the battery and cartridge, blasted into the atomizer for a few seconds 3 or 4 times, then just set it upside down to drain for 15 minutes or so, dripped a few drops of liquid and put it back together. The first few puffs were thin and watery tasting, but that cleared up in a few minutes.

robw

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2008
Austin Texas
Leaford, I wanted to thank you for the review which led me to buy a 601 from litecig. I have had it for 4 days and the results are fantastic.

As far as blowing it from the back like you can on pen and minis, you sure can. I noticed the volume going down which indicated fluid build up. So I took the cart and mouth piece off and removed the battery. I blew really hard into the battery compartment and sure enough a lot of fluid came out the atomizer end.

I then bridged the circuit between the battery arm and the square brass nub on the battery case and the remaining fluid cooked for a few seconds. I then inserted the cart and it was like brand new again.

asidrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2009
New Jersey
I still love the 601, but be careful, not all e-pipes are 601s! I recently ordered one from litecigusa, and it wasn't a 601, but a Kanger made clone. No where near the qualkity of the 601. So be sure to verify the model number, and accept no substitute. DSE-601 or nothing.

Thanks Leaford :)

I ordered mine from ruyandirect...im sure they carry the genuine 601.

ive ordered from them in the past and their items are true to their descriptions.

i ordered it with a 5-pack of blank carts and an extra battery.

plus the one year pipe bowl atomizer warranty is a plus :)

hason74

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
west fargo nd
I ordered my 601 from the eastmall.net, the battery life was awesome, battery lasted me 22 hours, heavy vaping( i would say 1 hit every 5 minutes average), next one lasted 20 hours, but the hit wasn't great, too much air, i didn't get the kind of hit leaford was talking about, I got a 701 ecigar from eastmall also, and i get a far better hit from this(it is all i use now), i think the 601 is a dse 601(at least that's what is advertised), but i sure was hoping for the monster hit you were speaking of leaford.

Vaped a dse 601 for about 30 days, bowl cracked down the middle, inner ring came unglued, eventually the att died, but it was awesome while it lasted. Vapor like a steam engine. Just don't want to spend $45.00 for another att. Carts are no good. Drips like heaven. A powerhouse untill she gives up then you better have a backup!

asidrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2009
New Jersey
Vaped a dse 601 for about 30 days, bowl cracked down the middle, inner ring came unglued, eventually the att died, but it was awesome while it lasted. Vapor like a steam engine. Just don't want to spend $45.00 for another att. Carts are no good. Drips like heaven. A powerhouse untill she gives up then you better have a backup!

how did the cracked bowl happen? manufacturer defect or dropped?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread