Status
Not open for further replies.

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
I know, I'm doing a reduction myself.

I find I only use the things I like. The other stuff just sets there.

I want to have three classes of devices.

The main vape. Provari.

The pants pocket devices. In flux.

The shirt pocket devices. In flux.

I have a bunch of devices I don't like.

Last edited:

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
John,

I don't want to break any rules by advertising, but I'm a woodworker by trade & just opened up my own shop this year. I would be more than happy to make something for you. Posting my email is probably against the rules, but if you send me a PM I'd be more than happy to chat about it. Even if you decide on someone else or a DIY project, no worries.

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
John,

I don't want to break any rules by advertising, but I'm a woodworker by trade & just opened up my own shop this year. I would be more than happy to make something for you. Posting my email is probably against the rules, but if you send me a PM I'd be more than happy to chat about it. Even if you decide on someone else or a DIY project, no worries.

What I would want would be very boring to build. A flat board of kingwood, I have that already left over from another project. I will drill three holes from Provaries, three holes for pants pocket carry devices, and three holes for shirt carry devices. I would rather keep all the other supplies in a drawer. Once I reduce it all to where it will fit. Of course my juice bottles will never fit in the drawer.

The problem is I can't find much that I like 100% except for the Provari stuff.

I wouldn't even be able to start until I figure out what other devices I want to stick with.

Last edited:

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
What I would want would be very boring to build. A flat board of kingwood, I have that already left over from another project. I will drill three holes from Provaries, three holes for pants pocket carry, and three holes for shirt carry devices. I would rather keep all the other supplies in a drawer. Once I reduce it all to where it will fit. Of course my juice bottles will never fit in the drawer.

That's cool, I just wanted to offer my services if they could be useful. I just had the idea of a 'tool box' in mind - a smallish lidded box that you could fit the Provari's in the top section & a drawer or 2 for the juices/accessories. Nothing too fancy, but something that would look nice & out last the Provari's themselves. But like I said, no worries either way. I'm a one-man army, the shop's not completely dead, but I definitely have time to take on some other projects.

TUC

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2011
Central Texas
invape.com
If you've got a shape/size in mind - certain mods to hold, etc, Rick at Absolute Wood will do something custom REALLY NICE.
My ProVari (when I get one) will look real nice in this, which he made for me. I needed something super-stable, there's even a weight embedded...
ModStand_fullres_zpsd6e1d367.jpg

Plus 10 for Rick.

Meet Rick of Absolute Wood

Stormy1960

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2013
Lubbock, TX
I find I only use the things I like. The other stuff just sets there.

I want to have three classes of devices.

The main vape. Provari.

The pants pocket devices. In flux.

The shirt pocket devices. In flux.

I have a bunch of devices I don't like.

I was lucky and only did twists and a zmax before I found my provari...I keep the twists on hand for others and use my z max outside sometimes...no problems with them and they work, but I like my provari and my bella tanks the most! I have a ton of tanks, toppers, juice and ego stuff that I need to purge!

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
That's crazy! I'm gonna have to pinch that pic though... i know someone who would benefit ;)

Unfortunately I don't think they offer it anymore. Its been a long time since the Base Crate was pictured on their web site, their other wood products are long gone as well (Elliot, Nichols, Trinity, etc), and all they list now is their new HDPE plastic modular Revizor line. Interesting idea, but plastic over wood doesn't have much appeal to me.

It's been on the list for a while to make my own. I have many species of exhibition grade woods from around the world on hand left over from a hobby that would make simply awesome whatevers. One of these days.....

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
I was lucky and only did twists and a zmax before I found my provari...I keep the twists on hand for others and use my z max outside sometimes...no problems with them and they work, but I like my provari and my bella tanks the most! I have a ton of tanks, toppers, juice and ego stuff that I need to purge!

I gave away all of my twists long ago. I have very specific wants and they seem to be hard to meet.

baghandler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Chicago
Based on the fantastic information shared in this thread, I got in touch with Mark @ Mark's Pens. I looked at the selection of blocks he had on his website, emailed with him a few times asking questions and getting his input, etc. Finally settled on a block of tamarind wood, settled on the number and type of openings and....voila! He emailed me this pic of my new stand. Entire process start to finish was about 4 days, and I really found his prices very reasonable for custom work. Here's the pic he sent me, the stand is on its way so I will post another pic once it is settled in and put to its intended use.

3ymNqhJ.jpg

Stormy1960

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2013
Lubbock, TX
Based on the fantastic information shared in this thread, I got in touch with Mark @ Mark's Pens. I looked at the selection of blocks he had on his website, emailed with him a few times asking questions and getting his input, etc. Finally settled on a block of tamarind wood, settled on the number and type of openings and....voila! He emailed me this pic of my new stand. Entire process start to finish was about 4 days, and I really found his prices very reasonable for custom work. Here's the pic he sent me, the stand is on its way so I will post another pic once it is settled in and put to its intended use.

3ymNqhJ.jpg

That is georgeous!! I love his work...look forward to more pics.

baghandler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Chicago
That is georgeous!! I love his work...look forward to more pics.

I am thrilled with how it came out, not to mention the incredible turn around time! Mark was amazing to work with, and I can't recommend him enough.

(Stormy, you looked at my stand and thought "Openings for seven drip tips? Pfft. Amateur." Didn't ya? :p)

Stormy1960

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2013
Lubbock, TX
i am thrilled with how it came out, not to mention the incredible turn around time! Mark was amazing to work with, and i can't recommend him enough.

(stormy, you looked at my stand and thought "openings for seven drip tips? Pfft. Amateur." didn't ya? :p)

bahahahahah! I have that many stuck in my chair cushions!

darkgear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Islands in the middle of the sea

3ymNqhJ.jpg

Wow. NICE! 4 days is fast! Can I ask how much?

I like the 510 connector inserts. That what that is, right? I want mine like that. Rick has holes for tanks. I told him I want them displayed not hidden in the hole.

I contacted Rick 11/13. First draft drawings came back to me yesterday. I sent him back my changes. He is estimating finishing my stand by the end of the year.

baghandler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Chicago
Wow. NICE! 4 days is fast! Can I ask how much?

I like the 510 connector inserts. That what that is, right? I want mine like that. Rick has holes for tanks. I told him I want them displayed not hidden in the hole.

I contacted Rick 11/13. First draft drawings came back to me yesterday. I sent him back my changes. He is estimating finishing my stand by the end of the year.

$80 plus shipping. Amazing.

And I sure hope those are 510! :blush: I told him it was for my ProVari tanks, so....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread