The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Looking for a ProVari stand

Discussion in 'ProVari' started by darkgear, Nov 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. darkgear

darkgear Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I think I have to email him today. When my KirF order comes in tomorrow I'll already have outgrown the one Rick is making for me. haha.

Thanks for sharing and congratz on a beautiful stand.

2. baghandler

baghandler Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2013
    Chicago
    Heh - knew it! :D

3. Spydro

Spydro Sindoyen Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2013
    Like it. :thumb:

I'm talking to a gent about making a couple for me to my design as well, but using exhibiton grade woods I have stashed.

4. darkgear

Yay! Design for my stand is final and he can get started. A couple weeks and I'll have a picture of it before finishing process.

5. baghandler

Sep 18, 2013
    Chicago
    Got my holder today! I went back and looked at my correspondence with Mark and realized that from the first email exchange (11/14) to delivery (11/20), it has been exactly seven days. For a custom piece that is fast.

It is really beautiful in person and I am very happy with it. The craftsmanship is apparent, each opening is positioned perfectly, the larger ProVari openings are flocked at the bottom, and yes - those are recessed 510 connections for tanks (and dripping attys, at least temporarily) I quickly put some stuff in/on it for a photo op:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Susan W.

Susan W. Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 30, 2013
    Torrance, CA
    Nice!! I really like that wood. Looks well made and finished nicely too.

7. Stormy1960

Stormy1960 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2013
    Lubbock, TX
    That is awesome....love that wood!! He is great isn't he!!

8. darkgear

It's a beauty. That Spalted Tamarind is so nice.

9. Telly R

Telly R Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 12, 2013
    Vape Room, NC
    Very nice stand. Love to get my paws on one of those.

10. baghandler

Sep 18, 2013
    Chicago
    Here's a link to Mark's website: Markspens. His email is listed there at the bottom of the page, so if you see a block you like, you can email him and go from there.

11. EvilZoe

EvilZoe Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I just received a sort of cool stand but only two of the holes fit my ProVaris properly. One other is just too wide and they aren't deep enough, either. Most of my tanks don't fit in it, too.

I have a slab of wood with a ton of holes that I'm just sort of "meh" about now. :(

Of course, I'm just sort of "meh" about everything lately....lol

12. darkgear

How deep do you think the holes for ProVari's should be?

baghandler, looks like yours are about 1.5". Mine will be about there too. Just wondering if it should be different since I can choose.

13. baghandler

Sep 18, 2013
    Chicago
    The ones in the back row seem to be about an inch and a half deep, the ones in the second-to-last row seem to be about and inch and a quarter.

Sorry, I'm too lazy to run downstairs to retrieve the tape measure that SOMEONE in this house snagged from my desk a couple of nights ago.

Edited to add a better point of reference: Taking a mini with no extension cap, when in the back row the mini only shows the top row of teardrops. When in the second-to-last row, the mini shows the top two and about half of the third row of teardrops. HTH.

14. EvilZoe

For my stand, if the wider holes were deeper the third ProVari would still stand up even if the stand were bumped. When the holes are fitted for ProVaris it doesn't matter as much.

15. cdf294

cdf294 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I have found that a 2 level stand allows for more options while still keeping everything upright and secure.
    I was using a stand with only a single hole for my mods, but due to multiple different diameters, it made more since to build a stand like this. As you can see, I have again outgrown yet another stand.
    Thankfully, I am finished with purchases and the next stand I have to build should be the last.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. baghandler

Sep 18, 2013
    Chicago

I'm sorry, but I couldn't understand what you said there ^ (in bold). Can you please rephrase that?

17. cdf294

Yeah, I know everyone says that.
    I am done purchasing mods- I officially have every mod that I want.
    Other than juice and supplies for rebuilds, I get to start saving money now.... finally.

18. baghandler

Sep 18, 2013
    Chicago
    You have found your Happy Vaping Place! :D

I *might* get there once I get my paws on a bronze and a stealth. Oh, and maybe another if Preloader gets a shiny custom order together. Although that wouldn't technically be a new purchase, since I'd be using one of my older ProVaris...

But then there are always the accessories.

OK, nevermind. Who am I trying to kid.

19. cdf294

LOL. It will get better. :D
    I see by your join date that you are still searching for your "Happy Vaping Place".
    It took a solid 6 months and quite a bit of coin for me to get there.
    I was beginning to question if I was ever going to stop the insanity of looking for the perfect gear, for me.
    The roller coaster has finally come to a full stop and I still have money in my pocket. Win/Win.

20. EvilZoe

I'm trying to make do with what I've already purchased. I need another stand like I need a hole in my head.

I'm just disappointed the big one isn't working out like I'd planned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.