Looking for a rda for squonking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
Speaking from personal experience the Dead Rabbit is garbage. If you don't care about flavor and want an rda with turbulent airflow that is a pain to get the coils positioned correctly then the Dead Rabbit is your RDA. I will admit it is easy to install coils into.

Just say it isn’t for you and move on!

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
OP, the Dead Rabbit is a perfectly good rda where anyone who knows what they are doing will get a decent vape. It’s about as simple as they come, however, i feel its strengths are not single coil or flavour. If you want to chuck clouds, the Dead Rabbit is a good suggestion, but if flavour is your thing I’d suggest something with a smaller chamber. If this is your thing post back and I will make some suggestions.

hambone0424

ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2015
Pittsburgh,PA
Speaking from personal experience the Dead Rabbit is garbage. If you don't care about flavor and want an RDA with turbulent airflow that is a pain to get the coils positioned correctly then the Dead Rabbit is your RDA. I will admit it is easy to install coils into.
Everyones entitled to their opinion but it took some time to get it right but now dead rabbit is my only rda i squonk with. its all about how you position your coils. i get incredible flavor from my dead rabbit. i also use the drop and the goon 1.5 like idk what you buildin in it or what application you were using but i have had a great vaping experience with dead rabbit in rda or rsa mode as well a variety of hot and mellow builds. O just found the build with dual 28 wrapped in 38 to perform phenomenally in any aspect of the rabbit 90% of flavor is dictated by the user how you build the juice you use coil placement i mean its really subjective to even say this rda has better flavor than the next unless your using exact same build and same juice the only thing really changing the vape is the airflow just saying went on a rant aint tryin to start .... i just know i have 2 dead rabbits both blacked out n the vape is amazing

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
There's so much controversy surrounding the dead rabbit. I'd just avoid it.

The Pulse 22 seems more suited to me. I would prefer single coil.

There really isn’t. Just a member that feels the need to repeatedly bad mouth something just because they don’t like it, rather than giving a constructive response on the topic.

The vaping world is vast and not everyone is going to like everything. I don’t mtl at all for example, yet I don’t feel the need to say that every mtl rda is “garbage” because of it.

But anyway, it’s Sunday. Enjoy your weekends everyone.

entropy1049

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Apalachicola, FL, United States
There's so much controversy surrounding the dead rabbit. I'd just avoid it.

The Pulse 22 seems more suited to me. I would prefer single coil.

If you prefer a single coil deck, I applaud your reasoning. But if it’s the negative posts in this thread, it would be a shame to let one very vocal detractor deter you from trying what many feel is an absolutely top notch RDA. Especially since those criticisms are exclusively limited to “the Dead Rabbit is garbage” which is it seems to me, a pretty unsubstantiated personal opinion.

As I said, the only fault I could find with it was the airflow was a bit restrictive for my tastes. Since I really liked the atty in all other respects, It was worth the investment in the atty to order a challenge cap. Problem solved.

It’s a good dripping atty. It is an excellent bottom feeding atty.

Just for fun, enter “the Dead Rabbit is garbage” into the forum search bar. This will illustrate my point. What we have here is a case of one very vocal member trying to poison the well. I don’t like seeing the effort successful. I’m not sure what the vendetta is about, but it seems to transcend simple dissatisfaction with an RDA.

Mike P

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2017
if I had bought the dead rabbit as my first rda I would have been very disappointed... I really want to love it but no matter how I build it the vapor is just too hot and dry for me, good flavor though. I've tried 7 builds at this point(from straight nichrome80 to alien fused claptons) and it's currently back in the box because I don't want to waste anymore juice on it until I know what I'm doing wrong. maybe mine is defected? I don't know..I've tried everything I can think of.

I can only compare it to the troll v2 25mm which was my first rda and I love this thing. not a single problem from day one, glad it was my first.

I'm not giving up on the dead rabbit myself, but my point is that it may not make a great first rda.

good luck

entropy1049

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
if I had bought the dead rabbit as my first rda I would have been very disappointed... I really want to love it but no matter how I build it the vapor is just too hot and dry for me, good flavor though. I've tried 7 builds at this point(from straight nichrome80 to alien fused claptons) and it's currently back in the box because I don't want to waste anymore juice on it until I know what I'm doing wrong. maybe mine is defected? I don't know..I've tried everything I can think of.

I can only compare it to the troll v2 25mm which was my first rda and I love this thing. not a single problem from day one, glad it was my first.

I'm not giving up on the dead rabbit myself, but my point is that it may not make a great first rda.

good luck

Maybe try a simple round wire build for diagnostic purposes. If the vape is too hot, reduce the coil mass a bit and see what happens. If you have any 26 ish gauge Kanthal I think I’d try that just to really cool it down. If you succeed, you can step up the wire mass. I’ve actually been enjoying a single 24g NiCr80 core with a 40g N80 wrap a lot in my rda’s of late.

I’ve also had good luck with using just as much cotton in my wicks as I can fit into the coil. With those long cotton legs in the DR, I find it helps to keep up with the wicking demand to have a ton of cotton in those legs.

• Useful
Reactions: Letitia

entropy1049

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
I seen tons of rabbit haters Its 50 50 on reddit its decent but nothing I did for my builds did I get good flavor out of on my mech I can't use round wire

Sometimes a piece of gear, especially an rba, just doesn’t work for an individual user. Whether it’s because vaping styles vary, or building technique differs. I’ve had gear that others have praised, but it just doesn’t get the job done for me. Sad to admit defeat, but we live to fight another day and focus on what does work for us.

If I’m not getting a great result out of a bit of gear that others are, I have to ask myself is it because I’m not dialing it in correctly or because what I’m looking for in the gear is different from what others are looking for? So I decide how much time I want to dedicate to troubleshooting my technique and after putting in that work if it doesn’t deliver for me, I move on.

Issuing a blanket statement like “the Dead Rabbit is garbage” is like a billboard saying “ I’m frustrated because I can’t get a good result with this gear but I have problems admitting my own faults”.

RARELY is gear fundamentally flawed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread