Lounge Lizards / Misfits / Free Thinkers / Bohemians & the Forgotten :: Young at Heart Only

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Our Abby can be elsewhere in the house, but always comes running when she hears that certain sound......the yogurt lid being taken off! View attachment 862507

One of our cats, Maggie, needs her yogurt fix. She'll jump into my lap or the arm of the chair if available and try to eat right out of the container along with me. I have to put her on the floor and tell her to 'wait your turn'. Then I scrape out the last of it on the spoon and let her lick the spoon clean.

And, I'm not shooting out the street light .. I mean, if tin foil is the Redneck answer, then what does that make shooting out the street light .. ?? The Gangsta Solution .. ??

Any teenagers in the neighborhood ... blame it on them. :D

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
And, I'm not shooting out the street light .. I mean, if tin foil is the Redneck answer, then what does that make shooting out the street light .. ?? The Gangsta Solution .. ??

Jeez, man, the labels & judgmental tone...:confused:

In my opinion shooting the light out would be called the logical and simple/easy solution. :tumble:

cats5365

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
United States
Do people just have some kind of grudge against dark window film .. ?? :p I'll admit, I don't particularly care for the folks that have their vehicles so darkly filmed that I don't know how they see anything, especially at night .. :eek:

It just seems to me it's an unobtrusive solution ..
I've got dark window tint on my car, the darkest legal, but not limo tint. I'm not sure that the tint will be dark enough to block the street light, but during the day your room will seem dark. If you really want total darkness, I vote for the blackout shades or curtains that can be opened during the day when you could let in more light.

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
We have a blackout shade on one of our our master bedroom windows. Works great and can be rolled up during the day. We have a spotlight on a shed that is movement activated. It's great when coming or going in the dark, but sometimes wind or a critter will make it turn on. Shines right into that window. With the shade down, the room stays dark.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Good morning all :)

I was in Valdez, AK during the oil spill, there to help clean/release oiled birds. I stayed with a family who, like most other families there, had these channels on their windows so that when the blinds were drawn the rooms totally darkened. They used these things because with 24-hr daylight they couldn't sleep at night.

Light Blocking Channel | Blinds.com

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Well, not quite a spring feel, but still, at 42 and rainy not bad. Cold front said to be on the way, and next week our highs are predicted to be in the high 20s. We DO need the snow, so in a perverse way it will be welcome. Having water throughout the year is a good thing.

1781799.gif

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
Hola .. :)

Well, after the rains of the last couple days, my yard is much like a swamp .. walk on it and hear the sucking sound as you stride along ..

Flooding in some lower lying areas, and, despite years and years of warnings, a car floating down a street still makes the News .. "Oh, I think I can make it thru .. how deep can it be .. ?? .. " .. What panic must go thru a Motorists head when they suddenly realize, because of their own stupidity, their car has become an unintended watercraft ..

I really, really like the Joan Baez version of this Bellamy Brothers classic .. :)

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
'Afternoon everyone...:)

Hola .. :)

I really, really like the Joan Baez version of this Bellamy Brothers classic .. :)

Funny thing...I was listening to Joan Baez the other night while painting...;) I guess the 'old folkie' in me still survives and I've found a new group I love...their voices as well as their stories...

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Good morning Bea. It's not even 9:00 and already its 62 degrees outside. Feels like an early Spring morning. Of course Spring won't happen for 68 days, but I'll enjoy it for now.

And one of my favorite orchids is blooming
View attachment 862879

Wow, look at that color! Beautiful!​

Users who are viewing this thread