Lounge Lizards / Misfits / Free Thinkers / Bohemians & the Forgotten :: Young at Heart Only

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
'Afternoon everyone...

BTS_flMJEw9zEMrD3z4xxEI3UNpbpMiUmvpfR-LSMb0qxSyP853qRDBtlj77NP5PT260i7pMKq0vQZcCIPP4y6l7cWLvChDbV5Ex305R2w5_QVyYfZyTVUzJRP3pTFMkFwIjhXOv3LzvjYZoSKi0xfTqtRtNqF71Wowd81FAv-XYFodDP6u8aqhtdHb7qgr_-D4jEnOfQDeA80qLZztoOCo85S4YgykKKBNTwUnQvoM6pdTw5OH4HglLJ8ZI7Qk5dCjpokwOY02D_poBV8p45GKlA4smxWKHMbL7XLHKJmiNX8mrm8eGDFGTQzdfx6vPSh4eI_ZDIM1smZ_YoNDzvUwJP1vYI6bJVWdUlS0g8jJzibFtFqN9ZzsKaOYCyMhB1M-Sa1FYQCUM-PAARGtkyAIW916EdGnCO7yG6zVvRZmG2RdcTsYEqQ-fCX0LkGEkFtF-I0qkMRpj8_Fc8yTEKs2hNShE4gdwtoFCcKf1cAwRp6wrrlxHf1eRY_3t6gQ4zqyFzaMirKdPs4isReMfAGTsq9uyW_Uu8DLmx5xgctYruJis2Bca6DhkrNyMdMqqOs1RRB8dlE-is2rYKLe3nRhnnessEGDisEprJOUyvF9AMgqxI6VVxr0ua7_ChaSypvLsxUno2-nyYauTY9_hrTVGuw0ZPlW_ao8LCDc0kKIEjQcKDRJmpQ=w720-h910-no

Reactions: MikeE3

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
Hola .. :)

Gloomy / Chilly yesterday all day .. went out to a new Chinese Buffet for dinner and was completely disappointed by the food .. my regular place is closed for remodeling .. you'd think they could at least get fried rice right .. o_O .. other than that, just watched some old movies and did a few inside household chores ..

cats5365

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
United States
Morning, lizards.

After all the hoopla, this is about all we have here. Haven't checked to see, areas further north - or even, with our squirreley weather patterns maybe closer to sea level - may have more.

snow1.jpg
I think the person responsible for snow shoveling had better be sleeping with one eye open tonight. ;)

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
'Afternoon everyone...

njy8V-Rqmwr8-ZyghXtCL4TD2FvW8tQK1_-rKz4ipSlsL_Otgn6kq9kFO-UeOtv-3aLfIBSnIZrsVCdoMmxMRhMGl3U1cZRE8hzBWQb-dDnS2PeQRfIWenMvP8C1VMRIpHJEn3vt_Iz2wcmRl2fT0fYMdvgHNTxu8n8aCMxn4UH-m-3YnutupmCck0t03v2IAO7CT_-Xe_IpUrdSMzNKOwlXMkzjqLC-CVvXJVc5vhH3BAlrpvIR6RfEIgepcMn2_shbjxYxOse9ycecQNNFOZE5cHvFd6XxJC6NL-bZdog1SiPk9nsrHFKK8lmTgy3x5huKX0mVuHVDU7UlPQp9PrCYx9yCT1vtCRdRHqM_HSkC9sNd0UMzAwebMeKxs5cxYxvh9MLpUjsog4CWioSj1MXai5JOh9xjrQp2y1LEBJ8k7CpmHF99WoLmXDPJYYT7DK8sgJE5Yh2o3RBfp8N8DF1qRUxf0j3E7h5KNib184I6Di9IKqk1yTQ9ZTCauw1BzDvcUCIYVIfCbpA7kHHNe0Erg_oQf1d_LMaPes45jSBVTzqRhpT9u5Se4NGE699N3qe8u0PE58bJNeLMxveqt8fb79tUKaOmXPi55r9k96gmTanUuVSGwd1y8ACOfo0SQ1mfZJnGMa4U6MEtJF21bXD-nwQW4JE_8gAbbPI_TIBXlcsl9aF2jg=w720-h718-no

I've wandered from the huge 50k+ main art group, into a much smaller subgroup of about 3k for a year long challenge to complete 52 original paintings. Each week there will be a reference pic and a word prompt. Our choice as to which we use to create a painting. It will be interesting to see if I can make it, and how many will drop out entirely. In the following January everyone who has completed 52 submits their albums to be juried...:rolleyes: If nothing else, I will hopefully accumulate a decent portfolio to start selling from, and if I complete at least 6, I'm eligible to stay in the group and attempt it the following year...

Back to my easel and paint for now...catch y'all later...:)

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Yep, been a problem here as well, Willy. Everyone knows it's a cash only business, and pity the poor person who has to take the shopping bag full of money to the bank.

Back to my easel and paint for now...catch y'all later...

Dang, you're not going to have time to vape, let alone check in here! :lol:

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Good morning everyone :)

Hubs and I watched a very good movie yesterday…"on the basis of sex". Based on a true story about Justice Ruth Ginsberg. The speech she gives to the circuit court judges at the very end is inspired. One of the best movies I've seen.

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Good morning Fran and Bea.

Our Samsung refrigerator is making strange noises. It's only 3 years old. Fortunately it's still under warranty so we'll call and get it fixed, but it does not bode well for Samsung. I miss my old dependable Kenmore/Whirlpool appliances, but after 2 fridges died after only a few years it's obvious they don't make 'em like they used to.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Dang, not good on the 'fridge! And nope, they don't. If they lasted, they couldn't sell you another. Forgetting that if they don't last, it will be the last of that brand purchased!

Here at the south end of the Sound we're still missing out on all the fun. (Not.) Again, just a dusting of snow overnight, here at the house. But lots, just a few miles north, or a few hundred feet higher up.

1782571.gif

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
Good morning, Loungers! :)

Good morning Fran and Bea.

Our Samsung refrigerator is making strange noises. It's only 3 years old. Fortunately it's still under warranty so we'll call and get it fixed, but it does not bode well for Samsung. I miss my old dependable Kenmore/Whirlpool appliances, but after 2 fridges died after only a few years it's obvious they don't make 'em like they used to.
Seems as though all the major appliances die an early death these days......I, too miss the good ole days of Kenmore/Whirlpool appliances. I do not like the newer models of washers that do not have an agitator.....I do believe our clothes do not get that sparkly clean like they used to with my older washers.......and that drum in the dryer!!! Ugh!

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Good morning, Loungers! :)

Seems as though all the major appliances die an early death these days......I, too miss the good ole days of Kenmore/Whirlpool appliances. I do not like the newer models of washers that do not have an agitator.....I do believe our clothes do not get that sparkly clean like they used to with my older washers.......and that drum in the dryer!!! Ugh!

Yeah, when my last Old School Washer died after 20 years, I went with a New School washer / dryer .. no agitator .. seemed to me to take quite a bit longer to wash a load

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida

Yeah, when my last Old School Washer died after 20 years, I went with a New School washer / dryer .. no agitator .. seemed to me to take quite a bit longer to wash a load
Yes, and we're lucky to get half that time (10) years for today's appliances.....and, yes, it does take longer for a load to wash......
Although I must say, my Fisher/Paykel duo is going on 13 years, and I almost wish it would expire! I've already done some research, and it seems that 'Speed Queen' is the favorite among the 'next door' folks here. Believe it or not, it is more expensive, because it does have an agitator! How times do change!

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Yep, been a problem here as well, Willy. Everyone knows it's a cash only business, and pity the poor person who has to take the shopping bag full of money to the bank.

Yeah, I'd guess armored vehicles would be used .. it seems to me as well that Banks have to report anything over a $10K cash transaction to the IRS, and, it would be fairly easy for a licensed shop owner to "skim" or even act as a money launderer due to the high cash volume ..

Day One of legalization here, they turned 3.2 Million in sales State wide .. that's a lot of green money and I'm sure it was mostly 20's ..

Although, as a Proponent since the '60's, I thought I might join in First Day sales just for the Historical aspect .. however, folks began lining up the night before and there was no way I was going to go through that hassle .. then, shortages drove pricing up .. and, still, street prices are still substantially less than legit ..

The big thing that really tees me off is, the Legislature did not allow "grow your own" even at a small level .. although, if, like me, you have a Medical Weed Card, you can grow up to 5 plants for personal use .. but, the guy on the street cannot legally grow .. this was obviously designed to dissuade growing and help line the pockets of the Licensed Growers ..

To me, that's like saying "No, you can't grow a Tomato in your backyard, even though Tomatoes are legal .. you must buy your Tomato at an approved Grocer .. "

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
I've already done some research, and it seems that 'Speed Queen' is the favorite among the 'next door' folks here. Believe it or not, it is more expensive, because it does have an agitator! How times do change!

This is the Modern Way .. take a thing that was always used, eliminate it and then come back later and make it an "option" .. that, of course, costs more .. o_O

I nosed around lawnmowers some last year .. found that many now don't come with the grass deflector that you can hang on the exit hole .. but, you can buy one as an option for an extra $25 clams .. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread