Lounge Lizards / Misfits / Free Thinkers / Bohemians & the Forgotten :: Young at Heart Only

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
View attachment 878633
A bandana mask will work fine and here is a video for anyone who hasn’t seen how to make one. It uses hair scrunches for the ear loops but for those who don’t have them I also saw a suggestion of cutting rings out of a sock to use for the loops.

Anise if you sew this is the vid I used. Pretty easy and fast. It took me 15 minutes to make one, including the fabric cutting.
How to Sew a DIY Fabric Face Mask - Free Printable Pattern

I did the non sewing version. I can't sew. I tried to post it but it says wrong extension. I'm pretty sure I got it here and I'll email it to anyone interested. Its very easy!

Edit: just saw the no sew version in this thread. I recommend it to anyone who can't sew!

Last edited:

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
I did the non sewing version. I can't sew. I tried to post it but it says wrong extension. I'm pretty sure I got it here and I'll email it to anyone interested. Its very easy!

Edit: just saw the no sew version in this thread. I recommend it to anyone who can't sew!

Pretty sure it was this one that I posted a couple of days ago... ;)

mask.mp4

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
Hola .. :)

Spent yesterday doing yard work .. mowed, trimmed, cleaned up another big trash can of tree debris, weed wacked the monkey grass down so new leaves can grow, changed the oil in the mower, power washed the underside and sharpened the blade .. it was generally a gloomy day, temps in the 50's ..

The refuse / trash pickup folks have decided that they won't pick up yard refuse because they have to touch the container or the paper bag .. I'm sure they plan on continuing to charge for it .. I don't make much actual trash, so I just dumped it in the regular trash receptacle .. when I get some energy, I'm going to call them and find out if they plan on reducing my bill accordingly ..

Dropped by the Walgreens earlier just because .. TP / Paper Towel Isle still cleaned out .. few bags of chips left .. I scored some Progresso soup, 2 cans for $3.00 clams .. gumbo and clam chowder, which I like but, apparently, no one else does since it was the only soup left .. bought 8 cans ..

People in these parts are getting a bit testy .. one finger salutes out the car window, honking if you're a microsecond late in going thru a green light .. etc ..

I'm just trying to chill .. hit my old friend Jack Daniels a little hard yesterday after retiring from the yard .. between him and Ms Mary Jane, I slept like a dog last night with no sleeping pill required ..

If you HULU, I highly recommend "Tabboo" .. the whole series (one season) is on FX for HULU .. it's pretty dark stuff, but excellent .. I watched it a couple years ago when it first came out, decided to start a re-watch last night .. yeah, it's that good ..

Lastly, I put my Flag out on the pole yesterday .. just felt like it was a gesture in solidarity ..

Hunter S. Thompson once wrote .. "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro .." take that to mean what you will ..

Hope everyone is doing OK and hangin' in there .. :)

2226.jpg

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Back in the early 1970's, Bernie Taupin and Elton John wrote the score for the movie, "Friends" .. it was never one of Sir Elton's biggest hits .. some consider it the follow up to "Your Song" .. it really was not .. at any rate, Taupin and John have had so, so many great songs, this gem has always been one of my favorites .. it shows, once again, how much can be packed into 2 minutes and 24 seconds .. just listen to those beautiful lyrics ..

Salute ..

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA

Spent yesterday doing yard work .. mowed, trimmed, cleaned up another big trash can of tree debris, weed wacked the monkey grass down so new leaves can grow, changed the oil in the mower, power washed the underside and sharpened the blade .. it was generally a gloomy day, temps in the 50's ..

The refuse / trash pickup folks have decided that they won't pick up yard refuse because they have to touch the container or the paper bag .. I'm sure they plan on continuing to charge for it .. I don't make much actual trash, so I just dumped it in the regular trash receptacle .. when I get some energy, I'm going to call them and find out if they plan on reducing my bill accordingly ..

Dropped by the Walgreens earlier just because .. TP / Paper Towel Isle still cleaned out .. few bags of chips left .. I scored some Progresso soup, 2 cans for $3.00 clams .. gumbo and clam chowder, which I like but, apparently, no one else does since it was the only soup left .. bought 8 cans ..

People in these parts are getting a bit testy .. one finger salutes out the car window, honking if you're a microsecond late in going thru a green light .. etc ..

I'm just trying to chill .. hit my old friend Jack Daniels a little hard yesterday after retiring from the yard .. between him and Ms Mary Jane, I slept like a dog last night with no sleeping pill required ..

If you HULU, I highly recommend "Tabboo" .. the whole series (one season) is on FX for HULU .. it's pretty dark stuff, but excellent .. I watched it a couple years ago when it first came out, decided to start a re-watch last night .. yeah, it's that good ..

Lastly, I put my Flag out on the pole yesterday .. just felt like it was a gesture in solidarity ..

Hunter S. Thompson once wrote .. "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro .." take that to mean what you will ..

Hope everyone is doing OK and hangin' in there .. :)

2226.jpg

ah! I started my spring yard work last week. I was a string cutting fool for 3 or 4 days doing nothing but running the string cutter. When it was all said and done I edged around 1400 linear feet and around over 2 dozen trees.

My sidewalks are 300 feet, so inside, outside of the walk plus the inside of the curb = 900 feet.
Janet's garden 80 feet
Fence around the pool area 200 feet
flower bed retaining wall 40 feet
Pool pad 160 feet

The sidewalk was a chore. I hadn't done it in over 5 years, so I had to beat back the grass growing over the edge of the concert before I could even do the edging.

I think I need to move into a condo with no yard work to do. Nah! Who am I kidding ... I like my yard/property ... it's just getting harder with age to maintain it.

And I get to do it all again in a couple-few weeks. At least the sidewalk will be much easier now that I have it under control.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Our postsl service at its finest: On 3/26 an order I placed the day before shipped from Hollywood, FL about 4 hours south of us. Tracking showed me that 4 days later it arrived at the Jax PO, about an hour north of here. The next day it went home…back to the company that shipped it. On 3/30 it left again and a couple of stops it arrived back in Jax! I guess that wasn’t enough traveling so off it went to Birmingham, AL on 4/3. From there it went to Montgomery, AL…at least traveling the right direction…and arrived back in Jax yesterday and at my PO this morning. As of the latest text I received it’s out for delivery. We’ll see.

And yet another PO story. First, I had to wait 2 weeks for the Royal Mail package to find room on a passenger airliner from London to NY. That I could handle due to the craziness of the world right now. Usually when I order from that vendor I have it at my door in 5 to 6 days. Anyway that's not the PO part of the story,

It sits with USPS in NY for 3 days. NY is 90 miles from us. Then today when I check tracking it's in Roanoke, VA ... which is about 390 miles from us. What the heck, did they forget to drop it off at the Philadelphia depot on the way to VA.

We'll see where it ends up next. :confused:

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Good morning, all! :)

Took a couple of days off from the computer and TV, but, dang, the news still filters in somehow. Felt a bit insulated for a while, anyway.

Yea, our Governor really did us wrong on this one.......those spring breakers should not have been allowed to party.

One spring breaker from New York went home to be told by his father that he will have to fend for himself....not allowing him in the house cause the parents have the grandparents staying with them, and he was told vehemently NOT to go on spring break.
Don't know what happened to the kid or where he went, but that's an example of the rebellious teen who didn't listen.

We have masks with filters made with Filtrete by 3M supposedly blocking virus.:nun: These are being made by a neighbor......she's made 100s so far.

0GVeQl0h-l33CeyHFEOf7nrUZSmxQNn7-KZvBoi6Yf_qKpr794ZIQ5-nwGpxLCn6m-tfMrtNWuKqJ4cF2yruld0uBLcBCUmP7Zg71-x8oNisYVPKscMePMgQ6I8DA05XNDjHATI1LQAJSo4bSB4n8fONleWP_2an4ObsN3HKZfxzJL2vCuUUljf4NmIFQvR9l6fynxnVWqb-MPsA6cJC9tfdX6BkMAgVxlLhsQYSFS-eL764Egj3JPN9DdmYVWoQGdPHmwCYr4w7ww8R5DCXmMs7LdE5Z1-wlFk-Vi4kOn1OzjLTrZigMMwCtF9hMSsuhNXWox6o2KX_toXon_-13AHDdEA2vd2Nni8YO_dCNxRFjAFYHwbu2WTtGmqXJ7NNzSvgNv-nCP4C7-XRChGleW963EEZ4IecTIzLhpYpQyc3CxJlKZVFZRBU_4xdNv9SIJ9FhNihadej6uitHezKv9mZcwi1d84UbjSqvM-8sKsPAsGFigO-0IfEpoIr8oSgF8RNvcGqBx_Q_sxirIf5fEkDdL4ePYZINhCtAxwK0fgEHe1roAHGiXqS5uhmb3b62aU_4gzxst2haHyybfExd1GyzMnKxYvo1TXj-xbOzqJFspnNWPrcPYBAhMaCEYodcg9sw3vVHJabpblz5rYeCBwFZWGLn3afElxrwlLBWT5KjzBr7IxLls_w-cr9WJs=w929-h696-no
Having never heard of the 3M filters I googled them. They sound good. And here is an interesting article about filters. Where To Buy The Most Effective DIY Face Mask Filters

And yet another PO story. First, I had to wait 2 weeks for the Royal Mail package to find room on a passenger airliner from London to NY. That I could handle due to the craziness of the world right now. Usually when I order from that vendor I have it at my door in 5 to 6 days. Anyway that's not the PO part of the story,

It sits with USPS in NY for 3 days. NY is 90 miles from us. Then today when I check tracking it's in Roanoke, VA ... which is about 390 miles from us. What the heck, did they forget to drop it off at the Philadelphia depot on the way to VA.

We'll see where it ends up next. :confused:
I feel your pain.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Good morning Bea and Fran. It's kind of a dreary day here, but at least it's not cold. We took a 1.8 mile walk yesterday which gave us a good chance to look around the neighborhood. We're having a beautiful Spring this year. One after another the flowers are blooming and trees are starting to leaf out and the grass is greening up. Some Springs we have storms that beat down a lot of this, but it looks like we're having a slow roll out this year. It's nice to see so many people outside taking advantage of the beautiful sunny day and chatting with each other even at a distance. Maybe we should have a yearly quarantine.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
ah! I started my spring yard work last week. I was a string cutting fool for 3 or 4 days doing nothing but running the string cutter. When it was all said and done I edged around 1400 linear feet and around over 2 dozen trees.

My sidewalks are 300 feet, so inside, outside of the walk plus the inside of the curb = 900 feet.
Janet's garden 80 feet
Fence around the pool area 200 feet
flower bed retaining wall 40 feet
Pool pad 160 feet

The sidewalk was a chore. I hadn't done it in over 5 years, so I had to beat back the grass growing over the edge of the concert before I could even do the edging.

I think I need to move into a condo with no yard work to do. Nah! Who am I kidding ... I like my yard/property ... it's just getting harder with age to maintain it.

And I get to do it all again in a couple-few weeks. At least the sidewalk will be much easier now that I have it under control.

Much respect, Mike .. you're the only guy I know that actually knows the linear feet of areas needing weed whacking .. both singly and collectively .. :eek:

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Talk about the " life of Riley"!

Tomorrow morning I'll be on a phone call with a pulmonologist to assess my various illnesses!Don't have to go thru going to his office! ( Which I was going to cancel anyway, the way the world is now)

I talked with my SIL earlier ( who's a retired registered nurse) And she told me to write down the 10 different health issues to tell him..one of them is to have him listen while i walk thru my home so he can hear how out of breath i get.

She also said that I might need to be on oxygen!:eek:

Which is better than living like this!

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Like Grief .. I believe I went thru the Steps and came out at the end of that .. although I still refuse to accept things as they are being the "new normal" ..

Denial :: This thing won’t affect me
Anger :: You’re making me stay home .. ??
Bargaining :: Okay, if I social distance for two weeks everything will be better
Sadness :: I don’t know when this will end
Acceptance :: This is happening, I have to figure out how to proceed

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Today, I had to go to my regular doctor for refill scripts for my regular meds. I also had to have blood drawn for the semiannual test. When I got there they had the regular waiting room closed off. I was told when I made the appointment that I would have to call their regular phone and let them know I was at the door. They were only allowing one person in the door at a time. I called and the nurse came and unlocked the door letting me in and led me to the scales for my weight then we went straight to the exam room. She took my BP and noted my reason for visiting then she put my chart on the door and left. About 3 minutes later the Dr arrived and she wrote out the scripts I needed. She then went to the vampire making sure no one else was there and came back and got me so I could go to the lab and have my blood drawn. Everyone of the nurses and office staff were wearing masks and gloves. It was a very quick process and allowed everyone to be treated while maintaining social distance. I felt better about going and didn't feel inconvenienced in the least. The Drs and Nurses were very professional and they all apologized for any inconveniences.

Jerry

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
@Diver9543 nicethat it went so smoothly. Gary has his semiannual cardiologist appt tomorrow online. Right now they only do face-to-face appts for patients who are critical…i.e. need EKGs or echos etc. They have an app much like Zoom they use or it can be done with Face Time…Gary will do the latter since it’s already on his phone.

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Good morning. It's a lovely mild morning here. Our Redbud trees are getting ready to burst into bloom.

Ugh! I was due for a haircut 3 weeks ago. Can't imagine what it's gonna look like after another few weeks. At least my hairdresser texted and will schedule an appointment as soon as we're allowed, but I may have to resort to extreme measures and attempt on my own. That should be interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread