Lounge Lizards / Misfits / Free Thinkers / Bohemians & the Forgotten :: Young at Heart Only

Nermal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2013
Farmington, NM USA
No apology but the pharmacist smiled and waved at me through the drive-thru window. I'm still very relieved that their inventory verified that they had not given me the correct amount and that it wasn't a tech or whomever trying to snag some pills.
Jerry
In your place, I would be relieved they didn't act like I were trying to commit fraud to gain a prescription medicine.

Well, you have heard of people with an 'honest face'. NOT mine.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA

You can help us break up the boredom any time you want with another little sing-song. Thanks

Yeah, we got the Spring Teaser the other day. Slight snow here also. Can't wait to try out new riding mower!!!!!
TB_TB30_1_2000px.jpg

Nice looking mower. Just too small for taking care of my property. I just mowed 1/2 of it today. Dang it was cold outside today with an icy wind blowing. I thought I was mowing in December not April.

And I'm sad ... the Red Bud tree in the lower right died off over the winter. Not a single little bud on any of it's branches. Time to bring out the chainsaw and remove it. On a good note, it'll be one less tree to trim around.

IMG_5038.jpg

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Evening everyone...

Yesterday, the woman who has been driving me to shop for more than 5 years now, in spite if being told not to do this during quarantine, came to take me, as a "friend", not as a client. I needed to stock up for the month and get the required money order for my rent...still a sore point with me that no matter what, I have to go out and get a money order or certified check from the bank instead of payment made in any other way.

I'm beginning to think I will never feel safe going out again... She arrived attired in the same manner as I was...mask and gloves...with a container of disinfectant wipes and extra hand sanitizer if it were needed. We went early, they were only allowing a certain number of people in the store at a time...and everyone was observing the 6 ft. rule until....I went to check out!! The donkey who got in line behind me, only had a dozen eggs in his hands, so not even a cart to separate us, was not wearing a mask and kept crowding up behind me until he was practically breathing down my neck. I really wanted to scream "back the "f" off!", but instead turned and said..."Are you having trouble distinguishing six feet Sir?" I scurried the heck out of the store, but was thoroughly PO'd. What is wrong with the world that people can be so callous under the current circumstances? This wasn't some young kid, but a tall man with salt and pepper hair and a neatly groomed dark beard with white streaks in it. I should have asked his name so that I would know who is responsible for trying to kill people with carelessness!!

Yep, the other day I was in a Wawa continence store. I middle aged gentleman was approaching the cashier and he wasn't wearing a mask. An little old lady walking into the store spotted him and gave him the 'what fors' pretty good for not wearing a mask. He replied ... a mask isn't going to stop me from getting the virus. The lady replied quiet curtly ... well it may not ... but it will sure help you not giving it to me. You should be wearing one. Then they each went their own way.

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2012
Central Texas
You can help us break up the boredom any time you want with another little sing-song. Thanks

Nice looking mower. Just too small for taking care of my property. I just mowed 1/2 of it today. Dang it was cold outside today with an icy wind blowing. I thought I was mowing in December not April.

And I'm sad ... the Red Bud tree in the lower right died off over the winter. Not a single little bud on any of it's branches. Time to bring out the chainsaw and remove it. On a good note, it'll be one less tree to trim around.

View attachment 879339
Nice property

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
I’m really upset. I found some scraps of fabric in my fabric bin today and was sewing a couple of masks for a friend. The *#@&* machine just died on me. The power is on because the LED window is lit but nothing works. My guess is the motherboard died…it’s a computerized machine. To be fair it’s old and I've used it a lot. I’ve sewn clothes, drapes, slipcovers, etc on it. But this is the worst time for it to die and it’s too old to be worth fixing.

So I had to do some online shopping for a new one because the fabric stores are closed and it wouldn’t be safe for me to go out in public anyway. Lucky for me I’ve kept up with the good brands over the years but still, I would have been happier if I could physically see them. But I have several unfinished projects and who knows when we’ll be able to go out safely again. Grrrrr!

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
@MikeE3 it is truly amazing how many people choose to ignore the 6’ rule. Or choose not to use sanitizer to wipe down their purchases or wash their hands frequently. I'm very frustrated with a good friend who is 88 years old and has heart disease in addition to other issues and he doesn’t do any of that. Me and the third member of our little group have tried to reason with him. It didn’t do any good.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes

View attachment 879339
    If'n ya wanna try to save that tree, the have large fertilizer stakes you can try. When we moved in here 20yrs ago, I used them on two trees on my property. They went haywire with the Xtra nutrition, only problem was I did it mid year and they started freaking out - growing like it was Springtime lol. Tookem years to re-adjust to the proper seasons.

Janet H

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 3, 2011
    PA
    Good morning Bea. After all that "unsettled" weather we had yesterday the gusty wind is gone, thesun is shining brightly and the skies are blue. It's only 36 out there, but I can sit here looking out the window and pretend it's whatever temperature I want.

That was so nice Willie! Thank you!!

If'n ya wanna try to save that tree, the have large fertilizer stakes you can try. When we moved in here 20yrs ago, I used them on two trees on my property. They went haywire with the Xtra nutrition, only problem was I did it mid year and they started freaking out - growing like it was Springtime lol. Tookem years to re-adjust to the proper seasons.

I don't think a whole box of fertilizer stakes is gonna help that tree, it's dead. Redbuds don't live that long, they're almost a "weed tree" popping up everywhere. We planted seedlings here and there on the property because they're so lovely to look at in the Spring with their branches covered in pink flowers before the heart-shaped leaves come out. They are messy though, dropping lots of branches and twigs in the Spring.

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 5, 2009
    Lower Mich.
    Remember when I said we were having such a pretty Spring because we haven't had any storms to mess up the blooms? Well, as I sit here writing this it's snowing and the wind is blowing like crazy. Ugh!!

here in Mi. yesterday it rained, hailed and snowed for a while!:eek:

Anise

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 11, 2016
    Southern Louisiana USA
    Good morning everyone! I hope everyone has a good and safe day!.

Update - my sister is showing signs of recovery but my niece is worse. All we can do is pray and talk a few minutes on the phone. When will this finally be over??

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2011
    Meet Me in St Louie Louie
    Hola .. :)

At the risk of sounding like I'm lamenting instead of just plain .....in' ::

The early onset Parkinson's hand shaking has taken it's toll .. I used to be a fair to middlin' Guitar Player, yet now, my hands won't do what I want them to do, I've lost some grip strength in my left hand, etc .. so, I'm a bit embarrassed, yet I never let that stop me before .. :p .. so, I won't let it stop me now .. add some wine and weed to the mix, and it is what it is ..

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement .. you're too Kind ..

"I'll be here all week, try the veal and be sure and tip your Waitress .. " o_O

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 26, 2015
    Oklahoma City, OK, USA
    Hello to all, I hope all is well this fine Saturday. I decided to see if I could make a couple of masks for me and my daughter. It is as I had first thought. First I had to dig through the closet in Nancy's sewing room. It is now Syndee's craft room. I found some boxes with the sewing items in them. Yesterday I sat in the garage going through the boxes looking for sewing thread, needles, and bobbins. Only one more box to go through. I did find some of her knitting needles and such that I am going to send to my other daughter. I still haven't found the thread and material that I know she had. Oh well, at least it will keep me busy so I won't think about all of the world's problems. Keep well and stay safe.

Jerry

Uncle

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2011
    Well - Good Afternoon Everyone . . . As Ya' already noticed by now, I've just been lurking here for the past few days . . .

114078fb3vft23co.gif

AND - I thought I might respond to a few post too . . .

What's next, welding your doors shut? I hope nobody falls or dies in there, nobody would know until this quarantine is over.

No - Not Yet, but they do plan on re-placing these doors with "Hurricane" Doors in the future . . . AND - As for knowing when someone dies, they know before the tenant knows . . . They insist that the Family/Friends/"Benefactors" empty the apt within 2 weeks so they can rent it - ASAP . . . If there is no one to take position - then they have maintenance throw everything into the dumpsters . . . Life in the fast lane . . . :rolleyes:

Oh - New notice in elevators for visitors this time - "Requests those visiting Tenants come to Property Office to Show ID and Sign-in" . . . :rules:

A guilty pleasure that I will admit to is being a 'Survivor' fan since Season One ..

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Also - "Big Brother' Fan when the show first started . . . AND - For a while there "Amazing Race" too . . .:thumb:

'
    I've got a couple bandanas that I used to roll up, and tie around my head as sweat bands when I worked in my garden....don't know why I hung onto them...:D One could use any square of tightly woven cotton cloth and rubber bands if you don't have the ponytail elastics...;)
    A bandana mask will work fine and here is a video for anyone who hasn’t seen how to make one.

I just double it up and tie it behind "My" head - just like I did uring the rallies/Marches in the 60's when for some reason certain people were throwing pepper spray/smoke bombs . . . :rolleyes:

Also - I don't wear "My" cowboy hat at the same time, especially when going into the bank . . . ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lastly, I put my Flag out on the pole yesterday .. just felt like it was a gesture in solidarity ..

Given what "We" all are going through - I really hope it was flying correctly . . . Just Sayin' . . . :rolleyes:

...and I'm mostly alone and always been a bit of a loner...but by choice, not forced to be:cool:

AGREED ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Right there with Ya' - So "You" are not alone now . . . :thumb:

She also said that I might need to be on oxygen!:eek:

Which is better than living like this!

Hopefully - Ya' got the "script" for the Oxygen . . . As an FYI: If you have Medicare/Medicaid or both, contact Inogen : 1-800-695-7915 . . . they will do all the work to get you approved for both their portable machine to use when you go out and a Oxygen concentrator machine for use in your home at no cost to you . . .

Q: Is the Inogen One covered by Medicare?

A: Yes, the Inogen One Oxygen Concentrator is covered by Medicare and many private insurance plans. Call today to see if you are eligible to receive the Inogen One at little to no additional cost (*co-payments and deductibles may apply).​

Our town took a direct tornado hit from last night's storms. No serious injuries thank heavens, but lot's of property damage. We have some good sized branches down but compared to others we are good.

GOOD VIBES - being sent "Your" way and to the "Town" . . . :closedeyes:

All I can do is pray and I'm definitely doing that!

AND - Of Course, GOOD VIBES are coming to "You" and your family also . . . :wub:

I am so grateful to be able to come here and see how you all are doing! :)

Stay well, my friends!

AGREED ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

@Uncle Willie . . .

Some more of your private concert videos would be really nice . . . Just Sayin' . . . :thumbs:

Okay - That's it from "Me" for now . . .

images

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread