Lounge Lizards / Misfits / Free Thinkers / Bohemians & the Forgotten :: Young at Heart Only

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
My laser printer has bought the farm. I was getting a toner error so order another cartridge and I am still getting the error. Also, even though my laptop shows that anything I send to the printer is being printed it doesn't print. I have updated the drivers and everything else I can think of but the darn thing won't print and the error code will not go away. So, I'm in the market for a new printer. The Brother I have has lasted for at least 10 years so I really can't complain. I don't print anything colored so another laser printer is all I need. The problem is that there are so many choices I'm feeling overwhelmed. Well, I guess I'll get back to comparing printers and watching Nat Geo Wild.

Jerry
I too have a B&W laser printer made by HP. I really like it. And anytime I need a color photo I take it on a flash drive to Staples to print.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
@Uncle Willie ... in one of your ramblings you mentioned the old google hangouts. Well, sitting here this morning I got all "Zoomed" up. So I for one am willing to try a group virtual meeting. As you can see I'm not all caffinated up yet ... what you see is what I am in the morning before the java kicks in (and sometimes even afterwards :rolleyes:). Janet's a good person and puts up with me.

ZoomX300.png

Oh, I forgot to say "Good Morning" all.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
Hi all, I hope everyone is staying safe and well. My body doesn't like the changes we are having in the weather. As you can see, I am up much earlier than normal. I just couldn't get comfortable to sleep, however, I think I might have dozed for 30 or 45 minutes then I moved and woke up. Oh well, this too shall pass.

My laser printer has bought the farm. I was getting a toner error so order another cartridge and I am still getting the error. Also, even though my laptop shows that anything I send to the printer is being printed it doesn't print. I have updated the drivers and everything else I can think of but the darn thing won't print and the error code will not go away. So, I'm in the market for a new printer. The Brother I have has lasted for at least 10 years so I really can't complain. I don't print anything colored so another laser printer is all I need. The problem is that there are so many choices I'm feeling overwhelmed. Well, I guess I'll get back to comparing printers and watching Nat Geo Wild.

Jerry

Hola .. :)

I have 2 Canon Imageclass d420's .. they are a bit old yet still work perfectly .. and, refurbished toner carts are cheap .. the beauty of some of Canon's laser units is :: the toner, drum and development unit are combined within the toner cart, thus, essentially, giving you a practically new unit each time a cart is changed .. this is called the Canon Single Cartridge System ..

If I were in the market, I would look at Canon's current offerings that incorporate the Canon Single Cartridge System ..

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Keep 'em coming, @Uncle Willie !

And, have you considered using one of those masks when out and about? ;)

You mean the Guy Fawkes mask .. ?? o_O .. or one of my Collection .. ??

I started collecting Masks many years ago, I have a goodly number in storage as well .. mostly Tribal and Oriental style, made of carved wood .. these are, of course, Ceremonial and Decorative .. although I have a few that were actual Ritual Masks from Africa in the 1800's ..

I was drawn to Masks because we live in a World where people have become more and more "two-faced" .. and Social Media has fostered this trend .. not that folks weren't that way in the past, it's just that Technology has allowed a proliferation ..

In my case, I adhere to Mr Popeyes Philosophy "I yam what I yam, and that's all that I yam .."

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
@Uncle Willie ... in one of your ramblings you mentioned the old google hangouts. Well, sitting here this morning I got all "Zoomed" up. So I for one am willing to try a group virtual meeting. As you can see I'm not all caffinated up yet ... what you see is what I am in the morning before the java kicks in (and sometimes even afterwards :rolleyes:). Janet's a good person and puts up with me.

View attachment 880063

Oh, I forgot to say "Good Morning" all.

Well, Mike, like I mentioned, I'm up for it .. of course, I would need the timing to be right so I can get the hair and makeup done up .. o_O .. others here can chime in as well if they like ..

That photo looks like you're puffing out a big cotton ball .. ;) ..

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
You mean the Guy Fawkes mask .. ?? o_O .. or one of my Collection .. ??

I started collecting Masks many years ago, I have a goodly number in storage as well .. mostly Tribal and Oriental style, made of carved wood .. these are, of course, Ceremonial and Decorative .. although I have a few that were actual Ritual Masks from Africa in the 1800's ..

Either :) Unless one of the actual ritual masks will eliminiate Covid, then use that one.

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Good morning. Our high today is supposed to be 40 degrees, but the sun is shining and the sky is blue so it's a pretty morning even if it is cold. I was hoping it was going to be warmer because I've got a few plants to get in the ground. While we had such nice weather recently I was anxious to get them planted, but they didn't arrive until it turned colder. It figures.

@Janet H I hadn’t heard anything about hydroxychloroquine so looked it up. I sure hope it pans out.

Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine: What to know about the potential coronavirus drugs - CNN

The other day when I was grocery shopping a woman struck up a conversation with me about this Wuhan virus. I'd made the comment that a treatment would be a game changer and that I hoped this Hydroxychloroquine would pan out. She then informed me that although most people don't know about it, she reads the scientific articles and discovered that people who took it and recovered all went on to have heart attacks and died so no, there is nothing that's going to help yet. She seemed pleasantly resigned to it. Sheesh. I'm not sure she knew the difference between Chloroquine an Hydroxychloroquine. All I know is if I get it I'll gladly take her share of Hydroxy.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
It took me a bit... but I'm finally home! ;)

Hola .. :)

My old Brain cannot remember if you've visited before, if so Welcome Back ..

If not, my apology for the lack of a proper welcome and greeting .. please join the "House of Nuts" and stick around .. you are most Welcome .. :)

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Good morning Bea. Wow, woke up to 29 degrees this morning. Frost everywhere. I've got some plants I need to get in the ground! I've got the time, now we need some warmer temps!

Not sure what we'll be doing today. Evidently we won't be bringing in empty trash cans because Mike just realized today was trash day. One day just runs into the other even more than usual.

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Good morning!

Rained all night here and looks like it will be raining for the rest of the day, thankfully.

Hoping you are all faring well. :)

LOL Gracie...it's been snowing here off n on for a few days.. tho it's not sitcking to the ground....and it's snowing now as I type! ( Just a little tho...):)

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Inflicting pain is my new Goal .. we all need Goals .. o_O

If my memory serves me...which it mostly doesn't:rolleyes:... we were on an HO at the time...thank goodness.... Dennis fell off his chair..Sandra got ahold of some paramedics or some such and me n her...and I think Amy... were there the whole time....it was SO scary!

Users who are viewing this thread