Lounge Lizards / Misfits / Free Thinkers / Bohemians & the Forgotten :: Young at Heart Only

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Morning, misfits, and happy hump day :)

1831563.jpg

Guess it's better than fiddling while the world burns...

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Good morning David. It's pretty overcast here today, but at least it's warm and not raining.

Boy, I hope our hair salons open soon. Our grandsons look like the lost boys on Peter Pan. I'm looking like an old washer woman as my mother would say, but at least I'm stuck at home so nobody can see me. My hairdresser texted me this morning that they won't be open again until we're in the "green zone". We're still in the red and still have to go through yellow before we get to green. Ugh! I used to cut Mike's hair all the time, but he's been going to a barber for awhile now. I'm going to have to remember how it's done because he's looking pretty ragged these days. He wishes me good luck...

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
I'm going to have to remember how it's done because he's looking pretty ragged these days. He wishes me good luck...

From a post I posted in another thread:

Hair usually grows approximately 1/2 - 3/4 of an inch per month . . . Just Sayin' . . . :rolleyes:

So if using a "Buzzer"/"Clipper" - basic instructions:

For close sides and back - will leave approximately 1/4 inch of hair left on scalp - use the #2 guard on the clipper head . . . Or if he wants it a little longer - approximately 3/8 - 1/2 inch of hair left on scalp - use the #3 guard . .. And then just follow the hairline at the temple & nape areas to the occipital bone/crown depending on how short he wants it . . .​

imagescah1inq61322264059896-thumb400.jpg
iiP5V6Q.jpg

Hope the information is useful & helpful . . . Just Sayin' . . . :rolleyes:

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
For people in our situation the money helps. Rest assured, when shows start up again (hopefully in September, the end of September, so August and September will be tight) we will be out there working! Until then, well at least until the end of July, it helps us pay the bills and eat.

Hola .. :)

Please know that I do believe the unemployment compensation for Self-Employed is a valid and necessary monetary issue .. in fact, also being Self-Employed, I looked into it but, for various reasons, did not pursue it ..

If a Business is unable to function due to a forced shut-down beyond their control, compensation for lost income should be provided .. it was not your choosing that shows were cancelled or postponed ..

As I have mentioned in the past, I pretty much flouted the shut-down order and continued to take in work .. in a rational and safe way .. I'm a one man shop, I'm in a stand alone building and I know the PD / the Sheriff and the Mayor ..

I don't collect much in the way of SS, because back in the day, I was stupid and got paid in green money in many cases and did not follow the right rules .. so, I had little verified income with which to build on until later in life when I began to toe the line .. thus, I work not only because I like to, but because I can use the coin ..

Last edited:

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Good morning David. It's pretty overcast here today, but at least it's warm and not raining.

Boy, I hope our hair salons open soon. Our grandsons look like the lost boys on Peter Pan. I'm looking like an old washer woman as my mother would say, but at least I'm stuck at home so nobody can see me. My hairdresser texted me this morning that they won't be open again until we're in the "green zone". We're still in the red and still have to go through yellow before we get to green. Ugh! I used to cut Mike's hair all the time, but he's been going to a barber for awhile now. I'm going to have to remember how it's done because he's looking pretty ragged these days. He wishes me good luck...

Just get a Flowbee .. :p

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
Fun timing for this discussion. I ordered a shaver for my DH which arrived yesterday. After charging & oiling it, he went for 1/8" all around. Mind you the top and half of the back of his head is bald. It was amazing how much hair was on the counter when we were done. We should have taken a picture, he hasn't had that much hair in a long time. We laughed about saving it and pasting it on top just to mess up some friends.:lol:

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Good morning. It's 70 degrees outside already. A bit breezy and very cloudy and it's started spritzing. My new plantings should be happy about that.

We're waiting anxiously to hear if our daughter's bid on a house is accepted. The sale is hinging on the appraisal of the house she's selling. This waiting has got us all on pins and needles. I want to celebrate!

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
Had our weekly session of Qigong in the park today......you'd think that even though the movements are extremely slow and deliberate, you wouldn't get a workout.....well, tell that to my muscles.;) Of course sitting in for almost 3 months doesn't help......even though the gym here is open for a small percentage of people, there's no way on God's Green Earth I'm going there. There's so much that can be done gym-free to risk that.

Yep, had a wonderful chit chat with our Kay yesterday....:thumbs:

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
Good morning. It's 70 degrees outside already. A bit breezy and very cloudy and it's started spritzing. My new plantings should be happy about that.

We're waiting anxiously to hear if our daughter's bid on a house is accepted. The sale is hinging on the appraisal of the house she's selling. This waiting has got us all on pins and needles. I want to celebrate!
We had a good heavy rain yesterday, and new plantings should be very happy. I made a full bed of coleus this year on the west side of the house, so that should bring some life to a section that gets little attention.

Hoping that celebration comes real soon.......

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
I was going to replant zucchini and bush beans today, but we had a nasty storm last night. The creek is flooding the park, which usually happens three times a year. My pot of jalapenos was too close to the waterfall from the eaves-trough, and two of the three plants were bare-rooted. Luckily I have a source of good dirt, so took care of that quickly. I got my first fresh mint tea yesterday, and it is just SO much better. My scooter's batteries went kaput, so I had to buy new ones. I went scooterless for two weeks, and my feet were VERY unhappy. I went to the gym yesterday, and gained five pounds and lost a little bit of strength and cardio. They were excited that I returned. But with bad feet and weight makes them worse, I don't have a choice.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Hola .. :)

I've not made any Netflix recommendations in a while .. yet, as we continue to enter into the 'Brave New World' of the Grand Re-Opening, some may still need a bit of Couch Potato love .. so ..

'Chasing Coral' .. breathtakingly beautiful and well worth your time ..

'Circus of Books' .. there are always stories about things that we learn from if we're just willing to take a look ..

'Mud' .. I've watched it before, and I watched it again the other night .. Matthew McConaughey at his best ..

'The Stranger' .. oldie but goodie, 1946 .. just watch it ..

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
'Evening everyone...

With the financial strains brought on by COVID-19, I’m ready for a side hustle.

So...
I am now proud to announce that I am selling Adult toys. I hope no one is embarrassed to ask for them. I have all kinds, sizes and styles according to your needs. Discretion is guaranteed!!

I am more than willing and able to demonstrate any items for you. Ask for yours anytime. I have everything listed below.

-Walkers
-wheelchairs
-oxygen tanks
-canes
-disposable diapers
-denture adhesive
and more!

Users who are viewing this thread