Lounge Lizards / Misfits / Free Thinkers / Bohemians & the Forgotten :: Young at Heart Only

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Morning, lizards.

Nope, no covid shots yet. We're both over 70.

Meanwhile, rain continues, maybe snow later but for us no where near as much as points east!

2045503.jpg

Reactions: MikeE3

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Similar here, Storm. We both are in the group right after medical folk, but no appointments to be had. Hopefully distribution will eventually catch up to distribution, and that manufacture will ramp up...

I've seen reports that at current rates LA will be some time next year before getting to the "magic" herd level!

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Good morning/afternoon, all. My youngest granddaughter will be here this afternoon. She is going to ship out to Navy Bootcamp tomorrow so will be finishing up at the induction center today and then flying out tomorrow. We are going to get together for dinner when she gets to her hotel. I'm so proud of her.

Nermal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2013
Farmington, NM USA
Has anyone gotten their vaccinations yet? We're in Phase 1A and registered with the county to let us know when we can schedule an appointment to get ours, but haven't heard back yet. Mike spent a few hours online checking everywhere with no luck. One place had a waiting list of 5000 and the next day he couldn't even find that list. We have a sneaky suspicion they took it down...
Eyeah! I'm 76 with diabetes. Two weeks after registering with NM DOH, the appointment section still shows not available. If this is a joke, someone has a very sick sense of humor.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
Hola .. :)

Rainy, rainy and rainy ..

First, I did not want the vaccination .. then, when folks started getting it and there was not mass issues that cropped up, I decided I wanted the vaccine .. so far, no one seems to have grown another arm or leg .. :eek:

I'm on the list at the VA, don't know when that will roll around .. local State Health Departments seem to be the places that can at least, tell you when and where and get you to sign up .. I suppose I'll wait for the VA ..

I read some Fake News that a few Health Care workers have been caught trying to smuggle doses and sell them .. or was it Fake News .. ??

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
Good morning/afternoon all. Allow me to introduce Arabell. She is my Great Granddaughter and the third Great Grandchild, so far.
View attachment 927089
Oh, how so very precious!

Got really sidetracked this morning.......prepared two fairly large packages to be mailed and by the time I got home from the post office, had lunch, then was outside for a bit contemplating a bike ride, but decided against it. The man doesn't want me riding anymore......doesn't trust my balance issues......I don't either, so I guess I have to stay with walking......:(
Before I knew, it was dinnertime, but lunch was so big, couldn't even think of food.

Hope you are all having a good day! :)

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Before I knew, it was dinnertime, but lunch was so big, couldn't even think of food.

Yesterday, as I sometimes do, I just kind of noshed on this and that all day, did not prep or buy any actual meal .. I had scored a pretty good size meat / cheese / carrots / broccoli / tiny tomatoes / celery / ranch dip tray at the Kroger on clearance a couple days ago for $4.99, it needed to eaten as it was near expiration, so I just sat it on the counter and nibbled here and there .. (yes, I did eat the veggies) ..

Ran the Dyson over the house, upstairs and down .. flipped the mattress as six months had passed since last flip, hassle, since I have to remove the footboard to do it .. clean sheets on bed while I'm at it .. swept and mopped the kitchen floor .. I'll make somebody a good Wife someday .. :eek:

Speaking of Robotic Help ..............

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Yesterday, as I sometimes do, I just kind of noshed on this and that all day, did not prep or buy any actual meal .. I had scored a pretty good size meat / cheese / carrots / broccoli / tiny tomatoes / celery / ranch dip tray at the Kroger on clearance a couple days ago for $4.99, it needed to eaten as it was near expiration, so I just sat it on the counter and nibbled here and there .. (yes, I did eat the veggies) ..

Ran the Dyson over the house, upstairs and down .. flipped the mattress as six months had passed since last flip, hassle, since I have to remove the footboard to do it .. clean sheets on bed while I'm at it .. swept and mopped the kitchen floor .. I'll make somebody a good Wife someday .. :eek:

Speaking of Robotic Help ..............

DANG!!!

I'm whipped just reading this! :D

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Good morning. I woke up at 3:30 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep so read a bit and then fell asleep til 7:45. It's much better to get up at my usual 6-6:30 because now it feels like my morning is mostly gone. We're supposed to start getting some snow at 9:00 and it'll be off and on with sleet and rain the rest of the day. Not nice.

I just flipped our mattresses last week. We've got a split king so it makes it easier to flip 2 twins than 1 large mattress.

Mike uses a Cpap machine with a humidifier attachment. The humidifier wasn't working properly so rather than trust the USPS he drove an hour to drop it off for servicing. It's now going on 6 weeks and it's still not back!! Turns out Rotek sends it out to be fixed and they have no control over how long it takes. Really? If he'd dropped off the entire machine he could have gotten a loaner. It can't be used without the humidifier because it sounds like a B52 coming in for a landing. It's a good thing he doesn't have serious apnea.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Morning, loungers.

A bit cool, wet, but no snow here. Yet. They do keep nattering on about it. That's ok, we won't miss it ;)

The man doesn't want me riding anymore......doesn't trust my balance issues......I don't either, so I guess I have to stay with walking......

Good decision! Maybe trade it in for a trike?

2050490.gif

oldbroad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Good morning. I woke up at 3:30 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep so read a bit and then fell asleep til 7:45. It's much better to get up at my usual 6-6:30 because now it feels like my morning is mostly gone. We're supposed to start getting some snow at 9:00 and it'll be off and on with sleet and rain the rest of the day. Not nice.

I just flipped our mattresses last week. We've got a split king so it makes it easier to flip 2 twins than 1 large mattress.

Mike uses a Cpap machine with a humidifier attachment. The humidifier wasn't working properly so rather than trust the USPS he drove an hour to drop it off for servicing. It's now going on 6 weeks and it's still not back!! Turns out Rotek sends it out to be fixed and they have no control over how long it takes. Really? If he'd dropped off the entire machine he could have gotten a loaner. It can't be used without the humidifier because it sounds like a B52 coming in for a landing. It's a good thing he doesn't have serious apnea.

Oh my Janet! I've been using a nebulizer since last spring so I kinda know how you n Mike feel. Some months ago I bought a portable one as a backup! I have to use it app. every 3 hours..except at night...thank goodness!!!

I hope this is resolved VERY quickly!!:wub:

oldbroad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Good morning everyone!

Awoke to a beautiful winter wonderland. It's the most snow we've had all winter! My driveway was shoveled only once! It appears to be around 2-3 ins....so far...

Gonna have to hire someone by tomorrow...

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011

Hola .. :)

Great Minds .. ;) .. I have a King one piece .. but, although it's a hassle, it's not too bad .. this was the second flip as I bought it about a year ago .. had to ditch that pillow top as it was not doing my back any good .. never buy a pillow top mattress ..

Soggy outside, some pretty heavy rain the last few days ..

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Good morning/afternoon, all. I don't have much on my plate today. I think I'll ask Syndee to take me to Home Depot. I'm in need of some big pieces of wood that I can cut into smaller pieces and make a lot of sawdust. I hope everyone has a good day. Stay safe and well.

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
I've written in the past about the coming of Rosie the Maid .. it's closer than you may think ::

Whoa, at this stage she's pretty creepy. Actually, why can't they just be useful instead of lifelike?

Oh my Janet! I've been using a nebulizer since last spring so I kinda know how you n Mike feel. Some months ago I bought a portable one as a backup! I have to use it app. every 3 hours..except at night...thank goodness!!!

I hope this is resolved VERY quickly!!:wub:

Your hope worked! He found and called a phone number for resolving problems and left a message about the 6 week wait. It's a miracle, the unit is ready for pick up... I told him he should have gotten mad sooner! There are key phrases to be very suspicious of: "I'll call/check into it etc. and get back to you." When you hear that you immediately have to follow up with "and when should I expect you to call back?" And don't even start the conversation without their name. Of course, usually these days, no matter how sweet you talk to them, they just put you on hold and never come back. Verizon is expert at it.

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
Morning, loungers.
A bit cool, wet, but no snow here. Yet. They do keep nattering on about it.
Thanks for not stealing all the snow David ... wer'e white again, and it's still coming down ..3am.
So pretty, lov'n it.
snow_ball_2.gif

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Good morning. Overcast and 34 here this morning. Looks like we're not expected to have any precipitation until Monday. They're calling for 4" of snow as long as the temps stay cold enough. That would be nice as long as there's no ice! It'll be our first real snow this winter. Well, that's what they're saying anyway. We'll see what happens. I should plan on making a pot of stew. Snow always calls for a big pot of something and maybe some home made biscuits.

Users who are viewing this thread