Lounge Lizards / Misfits / Free Thinkers / Bohemians & the Forgotten :: Young at Heart Only

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
But, of course!

200.gif

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Good morning. Wow, it's going up to 70 here today! Break out the sandals!!

Ok, I've made egg sandwiches, creamed eggs and ham and egg salad and still have 5 hard boiled eggs to eat. Guess I'll be making deviled eggs today and there's still a doz in the old fridge left here from the weekend. Mike doesn't eat hard boiled eggs no matter how I make them so I'm about egged out!

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
Mike doesn't eat hard boiled eggs no matter how I make them

Hola .. :)

Deviled, pickled, soft or hardboiled, it's hard to beat the "Incredible, Edible Egg" .. what's he got, some kind of phobia .. ?? o_O

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA

Deviled, pickled, soft or hardboiled, it's hard to beat the "Incredible, Edible Egg" .. what's he got, some kind of phobia .. ?? o_O

I'll eat 'em most any way prepared as long as they come out of the shell before they're cooked .... scrambled, omelette, sunny side up, over light, in a quiche just not cooked in the shell. :cool: I don't want to risk eating a cooked embryo that may be inside the shell. :rolleyes:

Reactions: FranC

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
I'll eat 'em most any way prepared as long as they come out of the shell before they're cooked .... scrambled, omelette, sunny side up, over light, in a quiche just not cooked in the shell. :cool: I don't want to risk eating a cooked embryo that may be inside the shell. :rolleyes:

So it is a phobia .. :eek: .. "Cool Hand Luke" .. ;)

BTW, egg embryos are a delicacy in some areas .. :p

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA

I'll be 72 this year and I've never seen a cooked embryo inside the shell. If there ever was one I bet he'd find it. Although didn't we have a whole discussion about Balut several years ago?

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Would you, could you, on a boat?

I could not, would not, on a boat.
I will not, will not, with a goat.
I will not eat them in the rain.
Not in the dark! Not in a tree!
Not in a car! You let me be!
I do not like them in a box.
I do not like them with a fox.
I will not eat them in a house.
I do not like them with a mouse.
I do not like them here or there.
I do not like them anywhere!
I do not like green eggs and ham!
I do not like them, Sam-I-Am.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
When I was a kid, one of the breakfasts that my Mother would regularly rotate thru was a soft boiled egg and toast .. she actually had these egg cups that the egg would sit in and she would knock off the narrow end top of the egg, scoop out that little bit of white with a spoon, I'd eat that ..

She would cut the toast into fairly thin strips after buttering it and I would dip the toast strips into the liquid, warm center of the egg .. then, spooning out the cooked portion after the soft boiled part was gone ..

I don't know if that would be Politically Correct in the Modern World .. folks would probably be worried about eating undercooked eggs, kids might think it was just plain weird, the Egg Regulation Cadre might have to be brought in ..

I do have to hand it to Mom, though, may she rest in peace .. the whites were always pretty well cooked and the yolk was still liquid, kind of like perfectly done eggs over easy, only still in the shell .. don't know how she did it .. consistently ..

I am the egg man
They are the egg men
I am the walrus

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
When I was a kid, one of the breakfasts that my Mother would regularly rotate thru was a soft boiled egg and toast .. she actually had these egg cups that the egg would sit in and she would knock off the narrow end top of the egg, scoop out that little bit of white with a spoon, I'd eat that ..

She would cut the toast into fairly thin strips after buttering it and I would dip the toast strips into the liquid, warm center of the egg .. then, spooning out the cooked portion after the soft boiled part was gone ..

I don't know if that would be Politically Correct in the Modern World .. folks would probably be worried about eating undercooked eggs, kids might think it was just plain weird, the Egg Regulation Cadre might have to be brought in ..

I do have to hand it to Mom, though, may she rest in peace .. the whites were always pretty well cooked and the yolk was still liquid, kind of like perfectly done eggs over easy, only still in the shell .. don't know how she did it .. consistently ..

I am the egg man
They are the egg men
I am the walrus

I think egg timers were invented for soft boiled eggs. Not hard to make. You could impress your friends and neighbors.

How to Make Soft-Boiled Eggs

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
I suspect the "factory farms" are pretty diligent in what fills in for "candling" eggs. Your local farm stand, maybe not so much.

The Amish around here during many times of the year are always peddling something .. from flowers, to crafts, to vegetables / fruits, whole milk to, er, eggs ..

As a city person, I really had little in the way of these so called Farm to Table eggs, at least since I became an adult .. I did give them a try and found that, to me, the taste was odd as opposed to Supermarket eggs .. the Amish eggs had a more earthy, deeper eggy taste, hard to describe, yet not really to my liking .. probably an acquired taste, I'm sure some folks swear by them ..

Since what goes in is what comes out, I'd speculate that the Free Range Eggs come from a more natural diet than the Egg Farm Mega Producers ..

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA

I am the egg man
They are the egg men
I am the walrus

When my sister or I started getting an appetite back after being really sick as kids ... our Mom always gave us a soft boiled egg as one of the first foods to see if we 'kept it down'.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Good morning. Wow, it's going up to 70 here today! Break out the sandals!!

Ok, I've made egg sandwiches, creamed eggs and ham and egg salad and still have 5 hard boiled eggs to eat. Guess I'll be making deviled eggs today and there's still a doz in the old fridge left here from the weekend. Mike doesn't eat hard boiled eggs no matter how I make them so I'm about egged out!
Just freeze the rest.

I don't want to risk eating a cooked embryo that may be inside the shell. :rolleyes:
Mike it’s simple biology. For an egg (human or animal) to grow a chick it has to be fertilized with a sperm. Not going to happen with store-bought eggs. The hens that lay them never have contact with roosters so their eggs are not fertilized.

Last edited:

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Just freeze the rest.

Not going to happen with store-bought eggs. The hens that lay them have no contact with roosters so their eggs are not fertilized. Embryos ate the result of a fertilized egg.

Honestly, it only happened to me once in my lifetime ... a long, long time ago. Perhaps that hen snuck out of the henhouse? :D

• Informative
Reactions: Janet H

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Since what goes in is what comes out, I'd speculate that the Free Range Eggs come from a more natural diet than the Egg Farm Mega Producers ..

Yup. And probably fewer antibiotics in their feed and hence the eggs. Diet does have a role in taste, hence the different varieties of, say, beef. Or a human sweat smell after eating a garlic clove. :)

Happy hump day :)

2079877.jpg

Yeah, that could be me with the cat.... :facepalm:

Reactions: MikeE3

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011

I was still half awake this AM when I saw this Fasttech tip ::

$39.99 25PCS Authentic Innokin Zenith Replacement 1.6ohm Coil Head (Standard Edition) 25-pack - 1.6ohm (cooler vape at 10-14W) at FastTech - Free Shipping

So, I made the second in my lifetime Fasttech order .. after hitting pay, I suddenly realized that Lightfire had these for less .. oh, well .. I bagged a couple ZLIDES too .. and, it was free shipping and no sales tax, so, I think I may have still come out ahead of Lightfire .. those 4.0ml ZLIDES have been high to non-existent State-Side .. paid $17.00 bucks for the ZLIDES ..

I suppose my new motto is "You can never have too many coils .." .. o_O

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Good morning all, I hope everybody is doing well this morning. It was a cool night, I had opened windows yesterday and turned on the attic fan to give the house a winter airing. I sat down in my easy chair to read. I woke at about 8:30 this morning in the easy chair and had a chill. I had left the attic fan on overnight and with the heater off, there was a definite chill in the house.

I remember the discussion on Balut. When I was in the Navy, there were numerous stops in the Philippines, and on more than one occasion I have eaten Balut and other exotic foods from the street vendors. I've said it before and will say it again, if it looks good eat it and don't ask what it is or what's in it.

It is time for my breakfast. No eggs, just a jalapeno bagel with butter and honey. I hope everybody has a good day. Stay safe and well.

Users who are viewing this thread