Lounge Lizards / Misfits / Free Thinkers / Bohemians & the Forgotten :: Young at Heart Only

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
Hola .. :)

It's always a bit ironic when things for from famine to feast .. but, I suppose this one's a good thing ..

FEMA now has a mass vaccination site set up at the Dome in downtown St. Louis .. no appointment required .. and is set up for, I believe, 8 weeks .. able to do 3000 vaccines a day .. they struggled to get 1000 folks in as that's all that showed up .. I'd have thought they would be lined up around the block ..

They did do a good job getting the word out on local TV / Newspaper .. even made parking relatively easy .. I'm sure things will pick up ..

It did not seem all that long ago that it was a mad scramble to get the vaccine ..

I'm so looking forward to the yearly booster shots .. o_O

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Well, a change of plans. I watched the morning news while finishing my first cup of coffee and the weather is predicted to be really bad this afternoon so it was decided that we will get together tomorrow. It looks like chores around the house.

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    I am wondering what the homeless do about the vaccine. Here in TN, you have to have a current state ID with address or they won't give it to you. You would think they would be happy to give it to everyone regardless.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2011
    I am wondering what the homeless do about the vaccine. Here in TN, you have to have a current state ID with address or they won't give it to you. You would think they would be happy to give it to everyone regardless.

Honestly, I never understood the ID requirements in some States .. other than to insure folks were not coming in from other States / Countries .. When I got my 1st and 2nd, I did not have to present anything, other than to fill out a paper with my address .. and that was during the time of the mad scramble ..

Now that it seems vaccines are more and more plentiful and the age in some areas reduced to 16, the ability to get one should be made as easy as possible ..

There is a concerted effort in my area to get the harder to reach folks, those without transport, the Nomads, homeless, etc ..

The expansion of "Vaccines on Wheels", IOW .. :)

Janet H

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 3, 2011
    PA
    th

"cept I'm not a girl anymore..but I still wanna have fun!

The sun is bright right now but rain is expected....April showers n all that...

Good morning Janet and Bea! It's seldom lately that I come here and others are here!...are you a figment of my imagination?!:confused:

"A figment is something formed from imaginary elements." Ok. so if I'm formed from imaginary elements can we delete some of the elements from my middle? I seem to have some extra.

Reactions: rosesense

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 26, 2013
    MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
    Good morning all! There is something seriously wrong if I'm the first here in the AM. I'm not known for waking up early or being coherent before coffee consumption. I often read morning greetings here while trying to open my eyes.

It's going to be a beautiful day, sunny and warm. DH and I have a walking date. There are chores to do (laundry started) but we will take the time to get out and enjoy the weather. We might even break out the shorts! Tomorrow is going to be cool and wet. Happy spring in NE.

@Janet H - there seems to be an epidemic of middle figments. Some settled in here too :shock:

• Winner
    Reactions: DavidOck

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 5, 2009
    Lower Mich.
    Good morning all!

Do I get a prize...as I'm the first one here...ever!!??

Awoke to sunshine! But..it's supposed to rain the next couple of days. Oh well, it's good for the grass and my flower garden...which looks very pitiful!

Have a great day..

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 5, 2009
    Lower Mich.
    Good morning all! There is something seriously wrong if I'm the first here in the AM. I'm not known for waking up early or being coherent before coffee consumption. I often read morning greetings here while trying to open my eyes.

It's going to be a beautiful day, sunny and warm. DH and I have a walking date. There are chores to do (laundry started) but we will take the time to get out and enjoy the weather. We might even break out the shorts! Tomorrow is going to be cool and wet. Happy spring in NE.

@Janet H - there seems to be an epidemic of middle figments. Some settled in here too :shock:

Hey, highlights! I just read your hometown...I was raised up in Randolph, Mass. till the age of fifteen. I looked forward to summer every year cuz our dad would take us to the ocean and Nantasket Park.

Janet H

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 3, 2011
    PA
    Good morning Kay. It's 52 and damp outside. Supposed to just be fog, but the deck is wet. Must have been some heavy fog resting on the deck. Guess we'll be doing inside stuff today.

Willie, I remember having to wait in line 8 weeks before we were able to get our vaccine shots. Last night we heard from our son who just signed up online for an appointment on 4/22. Yesterday our daughter checked online and can get an appointment for Monday, but she'll have to drive an hour to get it. We decided she should continue looking and probably find something closer and still not have to wait very long. The mad rush does seem to be over. I'm not sure what people do who don't/can't use a computer.

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 26, 2015
    Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Good morning all!

Do I get a prize...as I'm the first one here...ever!!??

Awoke to sunshine! But..it's supposed to rain the next couple of days. Oh well, it's good for the grass and my flower garden...which looks very pitiful!

Have a great day..
    Good morning all. Well, it looks like a tie! Congrats to both of you.

Again, I'm having a cup of coffee and getting caught up with ECF before I start loading up the Jeep for a trip to the farm. We were going to irrigate the field but I'm not sure now since they had a thunderstorm roll through the area yesterday evening. I'll find out when I get there.

Last summer we got together and spent time shooting turtles. Douglas, who owns the property, was with us. I ask him if he wanted to try my .17 HMR rifle, although I warned him that if he tried it he would want to buy one. He laughed and gave it a go. Wouldn't ya know it, the next weekend he showed up with a new .17. I laughed and told him it would happen. I ask what his wife thought of it and he gave us a warning that she had better not find out. Unfortunately, he didn't buy enough ammo and doesn't know if he will be able to use it this summer because he can't find any ammo. Oh well, I'm just selfish enough to not share mine with him.

I hope everyone has a good Saturday. Stay safe and well.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2011

I've been leaving the windows open due to the mild weather, periodically using the whole house fan as well .. I always enjoy that time of the year when the Electric Co is not sucking my checkbook dry .. o_O

At any rate, I was using my aroma diffuser device last night, and weirdly, the vapor was drifting down on the counter like a mini-fog machine at a concert .. so, I spun up some Moody Blues and flicked a Bic as I held it above my head .. ;)

The aroma diffuser part is the only thing that actually happened ..

I'd chalk it up to the air in the house being heavy ..

MikeE3

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 23, 2011
    Skippack, PA

I've been leaving the windows open due to the mild weather, periodically using the whole house fan as well .. I always enjoy that time of the year when the Electric Co is not sucking my checkbook dry .. o_O

At any rate, I was using my aroma diffuser device last night, and weirdly, the vapor was drifting down on the counter like a mini-fog machine at a concert .. so, I spun up some Moody Blues and flicked a Bic as I held it above my head .. ;)

The aroma diffuser part is the only thing that actually happened ..

I'd chalk it up to the air in the house being heavy ..

Maybe you didn't have the right Bic to complete the scene as decribed. :D

bic-lighter-pin-up-girlx500.png

• Agree
    Reactions: Uncle Willie

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 26, 2013
    MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
    Hey, highlights! I just read your hometown...I was raised up in Randolph, Mass. till the age of fifteen. I looked forward to summer every year cuz our dad would take us to the ocean and Nantasket Park.

I grew up about 20mi north of Boston, my father was transferred up here by Bell Labs in 1958. We'd have family trips to Crane's Beach, with a stop along the way at a favorite road side shack to get fried clams (with belly), onion rings etc. The south shore is nice, but the north shore is better :lol: Those old rivalries amuse me now. I currently live in a small town west of Boston. It's a pretty state overall, but we're considering moving when I retire. The cost of living here is painful.

Janet H

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 3, 2011
    PA
    Good morning. Looks like we're in the April showers mode. It's raining now and predicted to rain for the next several days. The critters don't seem to care, but it's messy for me having to go out in the rain to put the bird feeders out. I'd wait for a break in the rain, but the birds are hoping around on the deck railing wondering where their breakfast is.

So, Fran, any reaction to your 2nd Pfizer shot yesterday? We had absolutely nothing after our first and we get our 2nd one on Tuesday.

Users who are viewing this thread