Lounge Lizards / Misfits / Free Thinkers / Bohemians & the Forgotten :: Young at Heart Only

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Tech Blip of the Day ::

I've got mixed feelings on this one .. it just seems to have somewhat of a creepy vibe to it .. maybe it's just me .. at any rate, I don't use any of the voice command home centric tech .. never felt the need to bug my own space ..

Amazon demonstrates Alexa mimicking the voice of a deceased relative (cnbc.com)

Definitely creepy.

2 brief power outages today. Not sure what is going on but kind of worrisome.

If they were only brief I wouldn't worry about it. Call your elec company and they may be able to tell you what's going on. I signed up for alerts for whenever our elec goes out and it lets me know an approximate time it'll be back on. Fortunately it always comes back sooner than they say.

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
If any of you can walk me through setting up those headphones, it would be appreciated. I can't see well enough to read that fine print.

ours arrived today and Mike charged them and got them working ok although I'm not sure how he did it. They're not very loud so he's unhappy and wants to return them. Now he can't figure out how to turn them off!!

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
If any of you can walk me through setting up those headphones, it would be appreciated. I can't see well enough to read that fine print.

If you hold the big button on the side of the right ear phone eventually it will begin to flash red and blue ... that means it's in pairing mode. So go the the blue tooth settings of your phone or computer and select "BL13" that's the ear phones. It will connect and start the ear phones.

I've tried them on my iPhone and MacBook ... I have to keep the volume at max on either of them to get just an OK listening volume. And depending on what song I play sometimes even on max volume the sound is too low to be satisfied with listening to it. Some albums are and OK listening volume. But my Carole King album most of the songs the volume is too low.

What I can't figure out is how to turn them off other then disconnecting them from my bluetooth setting on my phone/computer depending which they are connected to.

And now for whatever reason, I'm listening to Buffalo Springfield at an OK volume but I'm getting a 'voice' intermittently saying 'connecting' Don't know what that's all about.

The only way I can get them louder is to actually put them directly over my ear. But that defeats the purpose of them been 'bone conducting'. Even Janet says the sound is 'just' acceptable.

If anyone figures out how to turn them off, let me know.

oops, I now when I disconnect them they automatically go into pairing mode. I really don't know how to turn this on and off.

edit: I got them out of pairing mode and turned off by plugging them into a charger for 2 seconds then unplugging them. The blue light is finally our as well as the flashing red/blue light.

This things are funky and the instructions are the worst even if you can read them. Nothing in the instructions about using the master button to turn them on/off. And some how I even got it to bring up Siri on my computer. I have no idea what I did to make that happen.

Last edited:

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
If you hold the big button on the side of the right ear phone eventually it will begin to flash red and blue ... that means it's in pairing mode. So go the the blue tooth settings of your phone or computer and select "BL13" that's the ear phones. It will connect and start the ear phones.

I've tried them on my iPhone and MacBook ... I have to keep the volume at max on either of them to get just an OK listening volume. And depending on what song I play sometimes even on max volume the sound is too low to be satisfied with listening to it. Some albums are and OK listening volume. But my Carole King album most of the songs the volume is too low.

What I can't figure out is how to turn them off other then disconnecting them from my bluetooth setting on my phone/computer depending which they are connected to.

And now for whatever reason, I'm listening to Buffalo Springfield at an OK volume but I'm getting a 'voice' intermittently saying 'connecting' Don't know what that's all about.

The only way I can get them louder is to actually put them directly over my ear. But that defeats the purpose of them been 'bone conducting'. Even Janet says the sound is 'just' acceptable.

oops, I now when I disconnect them they automatically go into pairing mode. I really don't know how to turn this on and off.

edit: I got them out of pairing mode and turned off by plugging them into a charger for 2 seconds then unplugging them. The blue light is finally our as well as the flashing red/blue light.

This things are funky and the instructions are the worst even if you can read them. Nothing in the instructions about using the master button to turn them on/off. And some how I even got it to bring up Siri on my computer. I have no idea what I did to make that happen.
Quoting in case I need it once I try it by myself first.

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Good morning. Looks like a sunny 88 degree weekend here. We're having mulch delivered here on Monday and it's supposed to be 94 with rain and T-storms. That should be interesting,

More weeding on the schedule for today and tomorrow. It's so much work, but will look so nice when it's done. If exercise is supposed to be so good for you how come this work isn't getting any easier on these old bones?

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
If exercise is supposed to be so good for you how come this work isn't getting any easier on these old bones?
In my experience, work is not the same as exercise. Work tends to cause back pain and heat exhaustion.

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN

Thanks, Mike. I wonder if other brands are better? Maybe this one was being closed out because it isn't good?

Janet H

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 3, 2011
    PA
    Thanks, Mike. I wonder if other brands are better? Maybe this one was being closed out because it isn't good?

I was amazed that I could hear the music without having anything stuck in my ear canal. It would be interesting to try other brands to see if their volume (and instructions) are any better. Interesting technology.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 23, 2011
    Skippack, PA

Well it consumed an hour and a half of my life last night. And although that's a limited time trying to figure it out. I think we overpaid at $20 ... I think a fair price would be more like a buck 98. :cool:

Waiting for any other's who got one to chime in.

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Well it consumed an hour and a half of my life last night. And although that's a limited time trying to figure it out. I think we overpaid at $20 ... I think a fair price would be more like a buck 98. :cool:

Waiting for any other's who got one to chime in.
    Perhaps return it and try another? Almost wish I hadn't returned another one I was going to try, should have tried it first, I guess.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 23, 2011
    Skippack, PA
    I'm starting to get the hang of it. Lightly touching the on/off bar and can now turn it on and off. Have to hold it a couple few seconds for it to turn off/on. Once on if you swipe from back to front it will start playing the music. Swipe again and it pauses the music.

I did something, don't know what, and it dialed my phone for an outgoing call to the most recent number that was an incoming call. I also did something and it seemed to activate Siri. Don't know how/what I did for those two functions.

Still not happy with the max volume.

Hope some others start waking up and letting me know their experience with this thing.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    Morning, all,

Summer continues, said to last another 3 days. Near 90 for a bit, then back to our normal mid 70s.

2306777.jpg

MikeE3

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 23, 2011
    Skippack, PA
    Perhaps return it and try another? Almost wish I hadn't returned another one I was going to try, should have tried it first, I guess.

If you mean another brand, possibly. But I wouldn't exchange this one for another of the same kind. I did see a bunch of reviews for the better models on youtube that people liked. Maybe this is just a cheapie one and the expensive ones do work a lot better.

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    If you mean another brand, possibly. But I wouldn't exchange this one for another of the same kind. I did see a bunch of reviews for the better models on youtube that people liked. Maybe this is just a cheapie one and the expensive ones do work a lot better.
    Yes, I bought another brand before this deal and it arrived the same day. I returned the more expensive one without trying it. I am charging mine right now and I will give it a go but I didn't get it for music so much as listening to you tube and phone calls. Hope you figure the phone calls out, I won't have a clue.

LovesButtercups

Feb 26, 2015
    TN, USA
    Hi, Lizards!

I am breezing through while taking a quick break from chores. For those who asked about my mom having a cell phone, she does. But she is stubborn AND forgetful, and never takes it outside with her no matter how many times I’ve asked her to. It lives in her purse and rarely sees the light of day. It is also a very old flip phone, and I realized last week that it doesn’t have service now anyway since they did away with 3G service! I need to drag her out out of the house so she can pick out a new one, she just HATES going anywhere these days. And she wants to look at the phones, won’t settle for me ordering one online. I can understand that because I want to look at some things before I buy, but it’s a pain when she doesn’t want to actually GO to look at them! When her ankle feels better, I will aggravate her until she gives in. LOL. And, she would absolutely DIE before she’d even consider a Life Alert thingy. Did I mention how stubborn she was? :confused:

Hubs is doing pretty well. Still very sore, but better than I expected. He starts physical therapy soon so hopefully it will help loosen things back up so he can get full range of motion again.

In other news, I spent HOURS at the emergency vet with my cat yesterday. Apparently she had a pretty bad asthma attack. I knew she would cough sometimes, but I thought she was just trying to expel a hairball. Apparently not. So, now I have to figure out how on earth to get a cat to take an inhaler. I ordered an AeroKat inhaler thingy from Amazon, but this cat is a beast who doesn’t like to be medicated. They had to heavily sedate her yesterday because she was being “extra spicy” as the vet put it, and she wouldn’t even let them touch her without trying to murder them. This is not going to go well, but I feel like I have to at least try.

Sometimes, between weird situations at work and general crazyness in my life, I keep expecting a camera man and a cheesy TV show host to come swooping in, filming my reaction when they tell me I’ve been on some ridiculous prank show. But alas, they never arrive and I’m reasonably sure this really IS just my life…:eek:

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2011
    Meet Me in St Louie Louie

Hola .. :)

Disclaimer :: I did not buy the 'phones, I'm not interested in Bone Phones, I have at least a half dozen classic 'phones laying around, I did not make the Bone Phones nor get any kick-back on any sales .. :p

A discussion had ensued around this tech, I saw a deal and posted it .. I am simply the Messenger .. :p

However, if I put my engineer hat on, logic would say, 'The tech in these phones is simply unable to provide anywhere near the same level of gain as traditional headphones .. no way, no how .. and, I would have to venture to guess it would not matter what brand .. '

Now, that's just coming from the standpoint of how hearing works, which I've dealt with for most of my life .. I could be wrong ..

Our friends at Head Phone University tell us this, it does not necessarily agree with my comments ::

Are Bone Conduction Headphones Loud Enough? – Headphone University

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2011
    Meet Me in St Louie Louie
    It is also a very old flip phone, and I realized last week that it doesn’t have service now anyway since they did away with 3G service!

I had no idea 3G went away .. no wonder my 80 year old neighbor could not figure out why their phone wouldn't work and ended up getting a new one ..

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I've been using Tayogo brand bonephones for over a year for evenings tv. No problem but I keep them on pretty low volume myself.

Most likely a youtube video for setting up. I love them! Non intrusive to the ears and so light I forget to take them off afterwards lol.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread