Lounge Lizards / Misfits / Free Thinkers / Bohemians & the Forgotten :: Young at Heart Only

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    My daughter was just offered her dream job with Disney. Great salary, bonuses, stock and she can work remotely for a couple years. Eventually, we do have to relocate back to WA state but that is ok as long as I don't have to drive in that traffic. I will just take Uber if I need to go anywhere.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    My daughter was just offered her dream job with Disney. Great salary, bonuses, stock and she can work remotely for a couple years. Eventually, we do have to relocate back to WA state but that is ok as long as I don't have to drive in that traffic. I will just take Uber if I need to go anywhere.
    That’s great. :) Which Disney?

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2011
    Meet Me in St Louie Louie

1lzpt8.jpg

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 26, 2015
    Oklahoma City, OK, USA
    Good evening, all. I hope everyone has had a good day. It was a lazy one for me. I laid down for a bit of a nap and didn't get up until 7:00 or so.
    My daughter was just offered her dream job with Disney.
    That is wonderful news.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    North Carolina
    Just wanted to say hello to everyone. Dad was having breathing issues so " we" have been in the hospital. He is doing much better since they removed a little over 2 liters of fluid from his lungs. I know how much that is because of the nic I have in the freezer.

Sorry I have been MIA and it is okay if you have enjoyed it. I would, however, appreciate any good thoughts if you have any surplus. :wub:

Have a happy Friday!

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 26, 2015
    Oklahoma City, OK, USA
    Just wanted to say hello to everyone. Dad was having breathing issues so " we" have been in the hospital. He is doing much better since they removed a little over 2 liters of fluid from his lungs. I know how much that is because of the nic I have in the freezer.

Sorry I have been MIA and it is okay if you have enjoyed it. I would, however, appreciate any good thoughts if you have any surplus. :wub:

Have a happy Friday!
    So good to hear that you were able to take your father to the hospital. That sounds like a whole lot of fluid.
    Not that I am a procrastinator, but I just finished my taxes. Now only 365 days until I will do them again.
    I think I will stick my nose in a science fiction novel I've started. Nothing like a bit of light reading before bed, well, that is unless I can't put it down until it is finished. At least the only thing I must do tomorrow is go to the post office.

Janet H

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 3, 2011
    PA
    Good morning. Wow, I woke up sure it was Saturday and started thinking that I had to make broccoli casserole, pineapple casserole and potato salad today which I'd planned on doing over 2 days. We're having the family here for Sunday Easter dinner and egg hunt so there's cleaning up to do too. How nice to find out it's only Friday! I'm going out to get a cheesecake for dessert so no cooking required for that.

It's been a long time since they were here. I've been driving to our daughters house a lot lately, but haven't seen our son's family for a couple months so we're looking forward to the gathering.

Janet H

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 3, 2011
    PA

That's fantastic news! Our daughter just got her dream job about 2 months ago. How wonderful to look forward to going to a job instead of dreading it. I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2011
    Meet Me in St Louie Louie
    Hola .. :)

Jury Duty concluded .. it went quicker than I thought ..

Installing a new garbage disposer today .. mine's about 12 years old and it has to go .. the good news is, these In-Sink-Erators use a standard sink mount that they've used for many years, so it should be a generally easy swap .. of course, just when I think that, some glitch will occur, which is generally the way my luck goes lately .. o_O

I will note that I have always been a big proponent of 'nip it in the bud before it can create a bigger problem' .. an example of which is my hot water heater .. which I'm seriously considering replacing since it's about 12 years old .. still works perfectly, looks fine cosmetically, yet it's probably time for a new one ..

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire

Installing a new garbage disposer today .. mine's about 12 years old and it has to go .. the good news is, these In-Sink-Erators use a standard sink mount that they've used for many years, so it should be a generally easy swap .. of course, just when I think that, some glitch will occur, which is generally the way my luck goes lately .. o_O

I will note that I have always been a big proponent of 'nip it in the bud before it can create a bigger problem' .. an example of which is my hot water heater .. which I'm seriously considering replacing since it's about 12 years old .. still works perfectly, looks fine cosmetically, yet it's probably time for a new one ..
    As long as you can afford doing it that way it’s probably not a bad idea.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA

Unless you suspect the inner tank is rusting away, maybe keep it. Elements, and even thermostats, are easy to replace and a lot cheaper. And the new ones likely won't last that long anyway... :2c:

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire

What was the verdict?

Users who are viewing this thread