Low Resistance Magnum Atomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
I actually got in a wee lil' bit of trouble with a LR atty on Saturday. I have managed to get the LR atty properly fitted and modified (yeah, had to take it apart) to work with my "Super TorneGo II", which is a 3.7V Tornado/eGo with a "bottom feeder" for the liquid. On just a regular atty this thing usually throws out exceptionally good vapor. When I put a LR atty on the TorneGo I had to "rejet" the bottom feeder because the liquid demand went up by about 25%. Once I got it dialed in.... woah!

So anyway.. I go out Saturday night and I fill the TornEgo up with some Habana Reserve which has been diluted with a bunch of VG.... which of course makes even more vapor. I'm at a nice restaurant on the lake... and go to the "smoking permitted" bar to hang out with all of the other criminals (please note, we're all wearing tuxedos). After a few minutes of vaping I am told by one of the assistant managers that while smoking is permitted in the "gentleman's bar", they have had to ban the smoking of cigars and pipes. I start in with my little tutorial as to how it is not a cigarette or a pipe or a cigar and that it is an electronic...... at which time the AM interrupts me and says "look, Scott... you are blowing out huge clouds of smoke.... 5 to 6 times more than any of the other smokers around here.... and you keep on disappearing behind this huge cloud. My boss thinks you are creating a distraction so that your partner can steal the artwork and silverware. It's a cigar and you need to put it out, turn it off, or shut down its reactor. Whatever works."

I put the TorneGo away and spent the rest of the night vaping on my alternate Tornado with the adapter and cartomizer..... ;)

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
I actually got in a wee lil' bit of trouble with a LR atty on Saturday. I have managed to get the LR atty properly fitted and modified (yeah, had to take it apart) to work with my "Super TorneGo II", which is a 3.7V Tornado/eGo with a "bottom feeder" for the liquid. On just a regular atty this thing usually throws out exceptionally good vapor. When I put a LR atty on the TorneGo I had to "rejet" the bottom feeder because the liquid demand went up by about 25%. Once I got it dialed in.... woah!

So anyway.. I go out Saturday night and I fill the TornEgo up with some Habana Reserve which has been diluted with a bunch of VG.... which of course makes even more vapor. I'm at a nice restaurant on the lake... and go to the "smoking permitted" bar to hang out with all of the other criminals (please note, we're all wearing tuxedos). After a few minutes of vaping I am told by one of the assistant managers that while smoking is permitted in the "gentleman's bar", they have had to ban the smoking of cigars and pipes. I start in with my little tutorial as to how it is not a cigarette or a pipe or a cigar and that it is an electronic...... at which time the AM interrupts me and says "look, Scott... you are blowing out huge clouds of smoke.... 5 to 6 times more than any of the other smokers around here.... and you keep on disappearing behind this huge cloud. My boss thinks you are creating a distraction so that your partner can steal the artwork and silverware. It's a cigar and you need to put it out, turn it off, or shut down its reactor. Whatever works."

I put the TorneGo away and spent the rest of the night vaping on my alternate Tornado with the adapter and cartomizer..... ;)

Your gonna love the XShaler...I am working on a bling model that will go better with the tux....Thanks for the story...
Drew

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US

So... you have any artwork or silverware for sale?

Thanks for the info on the other post....

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I have two and the one is doing fine. The other evidently is running hotter than the other and it has melted out the sides of two cartridges to where there is a 'V' going down both sides next to the bridge. I have a drip tip coming from nhaler, so I'll be setting that aside for dripping only for when the drip tips arrive.

Last edited:

Bella Chic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2009
Southeast Texas

Now that is some funny stuff right there!!! Thanks for the good laugh :) So...when can I pay you to put a reactor in my eGo...wait...that didn't sound right...

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
I lost one last night. It made me sad! One nice, beautiful tasty cloud, put down the PV for a few minutes, then nothing at all. So naturally, I immediately ordered three more to replace it.

I share in your grief :cry:

Lost my first one tonight. Very sad.

That one lasted 10 days of pretty heavy vaping. Oh well, it vaped great while it lasted. Hope the next one's are a little more durable. Kinda pricey to toss that often.

jazzguy

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
Plano Tx
How did it die? Too dry?

These attys are fantastic, can't wait to use it on the XShaler!

It definately wasn't too dry. If anything it might have been too wet and working too hard. I had just dripped 3 drops because the previous drag had started to diminish in flavor. I set it down for a few seconds, and when I picked it back up, nada! No sizzle, no vapor. I had been hitting it pretty hard every 2 or 3 minutes for the previous hour, and it's been in heavy service for a week (on my TornEgo). I had also been cycling several different juices in it and was just thinking it was due for a cleaning, so I'd guess it was a little overworked from the natural gunking up that happens when switching up so many juices....

Lovely piece of kit though.

debook

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
CO
It definately wasn't too dry. If anything it might have been too wet and working too hard. I had just dripped 3 drops because the previous drag had started to diminish in flavor. I set it down for a few seconds, and when I picked it back up, nada! No sizzle, no vapor. I had been hitting it pretty hard every 2 or 3 minutes for the previous hour, and it's been in heavy service for a week (on my TornEgo). I had also been cycling several different juices in it and was just thinking it was due for a cleaning, so I'd guess it was a little overworked from the natural gunking up that happens when switching up so many juices....

Lovely piece of kit though.

Interesting...anyone else lost one yet? I've been working mine pretty hard for a few days now, no probs.

Scott...what is the "bottom feeder"? Is there a thread here on ECF to reference?

As far as cleaning 510's in general, I have been having great success just using a 24 hour soak in Coke, hot water rinse and dry next to the warm fan of my laptop for about 4 hours. This goes back to my days on submarines, we would use Coke to clean anything metal that wouldn't fit in an ultrasonic sink - especially toilets! Should work on LR atty's, but haven't tried it yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread