Lurkers, friends, family, flyby's, Come on in! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeyC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
In your nightmares
All our leftovers go into the soup cauldron along with some more seasonings and ingredients. Best part of the meal. We eat soup till we've had enough then freeze the rest and enjoy it in a month or so.
We make soup and/or ala king or both we freeze some too :)

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone
I got rid of my gas furnace a few years ago they were getting just a little crazy with propane prices,now I just fill a 100 lb cylinder a few times a year for the stove I luvs my gas stove :)
Now I've got stove envy. I hope to be moving before the end of next year and that's one of the requirements for the new place. I mostly cook with cast iron and nothing does it quite like gas...or wood.

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Good morning Dale :)
    3 kids will be going to their dads house, we have a 17lb bird so the leftovers will be mostly for me. I love leftovers more for me hahaha :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    HA! My kids are pigs :p, they'll take everything we have ... last year I finally put a stop to that and told 'em we want stuff too! :laugh:

All our leftovers go into the soup cauldron along with some more seasonings and ingredients. Best part of the meal. We eat soup till we've had enough then freeze the rest and enjoy it in a month or so.
    I try to keep enough turkey to make DH some turkey salad for sandwich's ... should make some soup too :)

I got rid of my gas furnace a few years ago they were getting just a little crazy with propane prices,now I just fill a 100 lb cylinder a few times a year for the stove I luvs my gas stove :)
    I wish we had a gas stove, all electric here :(

Gas bill is DH's for his cars, lower than it used to be but still about 350 a month :facepalm:

Good morning all!

In case you missed Joseph Gorden Levitts owning the Lip Sync Battle

Hi Haunted :wub:

That's a man? o_O

What are you planning for Thanksgiving? :)

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    It is a man, and a straight one at that! Having family over to our house. How about you? Is your dad coming down?
    Dad is planning to come at the moment. This cold weather is hurting him pretty darn bad but so far he's still walking and stuff :)

Everyone comes here, we'll have somewhere between 13 and 17 people ... DS usually brings his wife's sister and her family to join us.

Just bought all the meats and stuff today, going to be lots of cooking going on for the next few days ;)

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    I did the same thing starting last year :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::smokie:
    :laugh: :laugh:
    Do your's also mostly want the meat and to leave all the vegetables? :lol:

Good evening everyone :) Cookie?

pumpkin-cookies-3.jpg

Shoot-a-Turkey-Cocktail.jpg

Reactions: oldbikeguy

oldbikeguy

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Do your's also mostly want the meat and to leave all the vegetables? :lol:

About all they would leave was the yams and stuffing my daughter would kill for the other stuff and the boy will eat about anything :lol:

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    About all they would leave was the yams and stuffing my daughter would kill for the other stuff and the boy will eat about anything :lol:
    Well that's not too bad ;)

If we want any chicken & dressing after Thanksgiving I have to hide a little bit somewhere :laugh: I do send whatever deviled eggs might be left home with DD for her Noe' ... she can take the gas!! :lol:

We kind of fight over the Sweet Potato Casserole :D

IMG_3407.jpg

oldbikeguy

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Now I've got stove envy

Mines a 1964 Magic Chef about 4 ft wide with Big cast iron burners and storage for pots and pans it came with the house and somebody took real good care of it because it still looks like new :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread