m401 Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesuede

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Central PA, USA
So I have been vaping for a little over 2 months and I am on my 5th battery. I have had 3 manual and 2 auto batts go bad already. Is anyone else having issues with their batteries not lasting that long? Has anyone used m402/3 or any other m4xx series batts with better success? :confused:

Still using my original 401 auto bats from Oct. 7th. No issues. I dip!

Saints

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2009
New Orleans
Which brand are you using?

I got them from Truesmoker and I`m pretty sure they are original Smoore. JD has been cool about it and has replaced them all free of charge, but its still frustrating. I know he was having problems with the manual batts and I dont think he carries them anymore until Smoore improves them.

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
I also use the original Smoore batteries from absolutelyecigs.com

They work as well as the first day i got them. No reliability problems as far as i can tell. I've been told that there are plenty of knock offs in the market and some vendors are not even aware that they are not selling the originals.

But it could also be that i am lucky. The manuals from Smoore have not been receiving any negative reviews so far.

cyberwolf

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2009
Coral Springs, FL
bummer to hear about the bad luck. I have 3 from absolutely and 2 from heaven gifts that have been in regular rotation for over 7 months now and another 6 spares that have only been fired up a couple of times. I have only had one bad one and that was a faulty one from absolutely that they cheerfully replaced without having to send it back.

Shining Wit

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2008
North of England UK
www.flavourart.co.uk
Angela is still using 2 of our original EVO batteries from March (I broke mine due to newbie mistakes) Goes to show the longevity of M401s compared to some other models.

I retired 'Old Stripey' as I fondly referred to it a couple of weeks ago, around its first birthday. It still works fine so I put it aside while it was still alive and kicking. It's not been used exclusively but since October 2008 it must have had a good 6 months worth of use and for the first three was hammered as a new model. What's more, it still charges fully in 30 minutes with one of the original corded chargers and holds that charge all day. There are numerous '401's and many are imposters or just cheap variations with inferior batteries, processors, or even workmanship and it is virtually impossible to tell them apart when cased.
John.

Angela

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Hertfordshire, England
Oh yes... the longevity of the EVO stuff compared to the horror stories I read on this forum is unbelievable.

Apart from the fact that I haven't actually lost a single battery in the 8-9 months I've been vaping, the attys last really well too.

I retired an atty a few weeks ago. It still works, but the performance isn't as good as it once was (still vapable though and not with pathetic wispy vapour or anything like that. It's just the draw is a bit hard now, and the 'hit' isn't as high as it used to be). I first started using it a couple of weeks after I started vaping in March - so early April probably, and although it wasn't used exclusively, it was used extensively.

I'm still keeping it in case of 'emergency'.

I love my evo batts. My first 401 manuals shorted out. But my EVO's are still alive and kicking. I use the manuals and I got them from innovapor. They are still having a huge blow out sale. I have had them for 2 months with no decrease in performance.

The attys I have to change out about every two weeks due to decreased performance and my passthrough tends to nuke my attys. The evo 401 attys perform awesome though and for $9 a piece, I don't mind changing them out. Usually what I do is use an atty on my battery only for about two weeks, then finish them off on the passthrough.

I vape about 3mL of juice a day and exclusively drip (no carts at all). Maybe thats why they don't last as long as others have posted on this forum. I also vape VG juice, which from what I have read, can shorten atty life. Even still, at $18 - $24 a month, it's still cheaper than smoking and the batteries are tops! Two months on the same 3 batteries, which get 2 to 3 charges a day each, they perform phenominally.

The 401 is highly under rated. The throat hit is amazing. The vapor is massive and the taste is great. I love this product. The innovapor stuff is great and the best prices I have found. My only beef is the primer fluid they use in the new attys. It tastes like crap. What I do is soak the atty in vodka for about ten minutes, rinse with hot water and blow it out. I let it dry for a few hours, then prime it up with juice. That gets the funky primer taste out and it vapes phenominally.

Guineahill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2009
King George Virginia USA
I have been vaping for three months and I still have all of my original M401 batteries. I got them at LiteCigUSA. I started with a couple of automatics and I added a couple of manuals. They all are still working well. I have thought of trying the EVO ones, but haven't yet.

(I also have a 510, and I have killed a couple of those batteries. My fault... liquid in the auto batteries. I have Kr8 batteries also. Several of those have died and I have had several of them arrive with problems. Maybe it was a bad batch?)

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread