m401 Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBS

Apr 27, 2010
WapaJoe8, hey, no problem.

As far as juice getting in the battery chamber, I'm sure it's possible, but if ya look at the photo where the black plastic part is, you'll notice that the glossy part on top is the seal type diaphram. It was in there pretty darn tight and it sits right over the hole of the switch housing.

So if liquid is getting in, it sure ain't getting out. But hey, I'm no electronic engineer either.

I thought there might be some folks out there that would like to know what the inside looks like, and I have a couple more pics if ya want.

RBS

Apr 27, 2010
okay, a couple more pics:
M402battery1.jpg

M402battery2.jpg

M402battery3.jpg

M402battery4.jpg

RBS

Apr 27, 2010
And I thought I was abusing my M4, but to have a battery just fall apart? Gosh Brady that is a bummer.

I've only been vaping for 2 months now and out of the 2 kits I have 1 battery that hasn't given me any trouble, yet, and that is the gold series M402, my first kit. It charges in about an hour and lasts about 3 hours. Matter of fact, they all charge and last about the same, except the one in the photos.

As far as a warrantee, from what I've read thus far, I must be fortunate to get 2 months from an auto battery. I do feel we should get atleast 30 days of trouble free service though. Both my 401 batteries are doing the hard draw now, not quite 30 days.

PapaJoe8

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2010
Texas DFW Area
RSB, I think 30 days is reasonable also.

Somehow I somewhat fixed my hard draw stainless steel auto. Not sure how though as I just kept messin w/ it. Things I did;

Kept using it
Blew into the tiny hole
Stuck a pin into the tiny hole
Blew into the big hole
Cleaned the muck from the batt and atty threads
Recharged often
Taped thread end on my desk
Shook like you would a thermomater

It's working somewhat better now. :~)

My other stainless steel auto had the opposite prob. I had to cover up some of the atty holes to get it to work. To much air. Now it's doing somewhat better also. :~)

My stainless steel manual batt light will come on when I push the button but no power goes to the atty. It also turned a dark color from the atty end to about halfway down.

All above batts are just a few weeks old. I di have 2 manuals ordered at about the same time that are OK. One is getting a bit dark colored though. Anyone else w/ SS batts noticed this dark color?

Big question, how do spare Smoore m401 batteries come packed. My batts came sealed in blue plastic wrap.
Joe

PapaJoe8

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2010
Texas DFW Area
RBS, thanks!

Ether Smoore is having some quality control issues or... somewhere in the supply chain products from another manufacturer are getting switched in. Or... maybe we are all just having bad luck?

How did your kit come? Mine came in a real nice white box w/ a magnetic lid. Both batts from that kit are still going since Mothers Day.
Joe

Last edited:

Brady

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2009
MN
Batts are guaged on charge amounts - not length of time in service. BUT, they are supposed to last for 200+ charges.
I emailed (and suggest that you all do the same) absolutly Ecigs and let them know the issues that you are having as well as your current suppliers.
This is getting ridiculously frustrating (and expensive) to continually have to purchase new batts after 30-40 days.
at 250 charges, at say 4 charges a day, that equals about 62 days of life.
you take into account that most of us have a few batts in rotation and that would send your batt life into about 70-80 days of good charge life.
I had three from absolutly ecigs that I got back in Nov that are just now starting to fail and not hold charge, trouble on draw ect.
The others I all got from litecig and they are only lasting about 40 days.
I had 12 in rotation total using about 3 batts per day on a hard day.

Shawn told me that I was pretty much alone when I asked him about the failing batts.

the more people who bring this up, maybe he can fix things on his end.

RBS

Apr 27, 2010
Fresh out of the envelope, this is what I find.
NewM401ManualBatteries.jpg

I did not open the blue packages and I'm guessing it was the supplier who did, to be sure they were in working condition? Or perhaps that is how he received them?

The batteries were pre-charged and I put one into use right away as I charged my last auto battery, it lasted 4 hours before blinking. The other new one lasted the same amount of time.

Oh, the box on the left is a passtrough for an 801, the batteries were loose in the envelope.

As far as how atties are packaged, I ordered 2 about a month ago and they came in the blue packages but were sealed, had to tear them open.

Brady

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2009
MN
I am becoming less and less impressed by these things. I purchased more from wordup and am seeing similar results with the batts. One of them simply failed in mid drag - never to activate again. now the other one is acting as though the switch is failing.. nice drag, short cut out time though (like 3 seconds) then activates as I am stopping my vape..

2 weeks old..

Norby

ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2009
Emporia, Kansas
I've never had a problem with any of my M4 batteries. I still have my 2 original M-401 batts ordered over a year ago from AEC, and 3 M-402's (2 auto, 1 manual) that I ordered 3 months ago from sharp-smoker. They all still work, although I always did notice slightly less vapor production from one of the 401 batteries. I just got to the point where the only time I'd use that one was when the other was charging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread